Bellazon

Fernando Torres
Thumbnail

the sars

He is absolutley amazing, I hope his thread is going to explode because this man deserves it...

If you want to see him 30 minutes long in a very cute interview then check out this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGbQohNgJiU and then the other 2 parts... it is stunnig

and if you want to find more information and videos then go to his offical site, I did, and now it seems that I am addicted....

www.fernando9torres.com/

Enjoy and pleas keep on posting these fantastic pics...thx guys

freefall, thanks a lot for this video! I'll watch it at home :)

And I wanna post pics of Spanish team (with Nando of course! but he's not on each photo) when they arrived in Madrid. Absolutely great pictures!)) I laughed a lot at some of them :laugh:

The Euro 2008 champs are back in Spain to celebrate with their fans at Plaza Colon.

vivaespanachampionsdi4.th.jpg

Guys rocking on the plane :)

milehk0.th.jpgplanewa1.th.jpgpepehf4.th.jpg

Welcome back home, Champions!

avionnb9.th.jpg

Luis Aragones and Iker Casillas with The Cup! :)

cupqv7.th.jpg

murseac0.th.jpgbouquetfh5.th.jpgikeywpa3.th.jpg

Posing for the photographers before they get on their bus

lolpuyolcq3.th.jpg

And on the bus finally))

vivaespanachampions3kj8.th.jpgvivaespanachampions4nd4.th.jpgcrazeeexo6.th.jpg

Villa-Rambo))

wannaberocksgj1.th.jpgohdaviiduo9.th.jpg

Sergio and Iker

thumbssh4.th.jpgikerbusrc3.th.jpgikesvn8.th.jpg

And...ta-da! Nando with The Cup! :blush: He totally dyed his hair blonder)) *is that engagement ring on his finger?*

vivaespanachampions12px6.th.jpg

vivaespanachampions5pj4.th.jpgvivaespanachampions6tv8.th.jpgvivaespanachampions7my3.th.jpgbus2ta4.th.jpg

vivaespanachampions8uz5.th.jpgomgvil1.th.jpg

Guys rockin' :laugh:

sleazebv0.th.jpghearqa1.th.jpgaaaoc9.th.jpg

:laugh:

lolcescjc9.th.jpglolcesccik2.th.jpgahemrl5.th.jpg

stagedivegp5.th.jpglolguifs9.th.jpg

This is the best picture :laugh: :laugh: Dancing conga))))))

congadh3.th.jpg

Mmmm :blush: My two favourite boys holding the Cup :blush:

vivaespanachampions13xk7.th.jpg

Happy Iker :) Crazy David and Ruben))

heavehfs6.th.jpgflatvu3.th.jpg

On the stage

locosvl1.th.jpgcescroxeo0.th.jpgsernandavidbz3.th.jpg

:laugh:

vivaespanachampions9pw8.th.jpgrockondx3.th.jpgvivaespanachampions11pn2.th.jpgvivaespanachampions10qr8.th.jpg

Wow soulino, thank you so much for the great pics...absolutley stunning, to see him and all the other players so happy...

Today I´ve found a fantastic picture and the matching video on his official site...I also learned, that during the euro08 he did a live chat with his fans and answeard their questions for an hour...very nice of him

Does anyone know if he is going to be on a holiday or, where he is right now...any new news about him? Thx

http://www.fernando9torres.com/inicio.php?new_leng=uk

foto_876.jpg

freefall, thanks for these and previous pics!

Especially I like pic with Nando in Nike advertisement :blush: And I haven't had the one with him on a bike in my big collection :D

Great article by Oliver Kay from "The Times" about Fernando after Euro 2008!

“Global rule is next for Torres”, by Oliver Kay

02-07-2008

Almost a year after leaving his home town in a move that some feared could break him, Fernando Torres was back in Madrid last night, no longer viewed as the freckle-faced kid from the suburbs, but as a conquistador, a national hero, a European champion and a young man with the world at his feet. *Soulino: I like this part most of all...it's emotional...*

It was Torres's goal in the Ernst Happel Stadion in Vienna that brought an end to 44 years of anguish for Spain on Sunday evening, a typical burst of pace followed by a characteristically cool finish past Jens Lehmann, the Germany goalkeeper. He had endured a frustrating tournament to that point, overshadowed by the goalscoring exploits of David Villa, his strike partner, but, as his country were crowned champions, it was the Liverpool forward who emerged as the man of the moment and as the face of a talented, youthful Spain team, who aspire to dominate European football.

Torres talked afterwards of his desire to become “the most important player in Europe and the world” and, while that statement sounded out of character for one who usually leaves that kind of talk to Cristiano Ronaldo, the Manchester United and Portugal winger, his team-mates believe that such ambition is within his compass. “Fernando can be the best in the world,” Xabi Alonso, Torres's Liverpool and Spain team-mate, said. “He has all the qualities to get that award [the Ballon d'Or].”

At 24, Torres has developed into one of the most feared centre forwards in Europe. As with Ronaldo over the past two years, there has been a sudden explosion in form from a player who was hitherto regarded as a rough diamond. Last summer, even Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, believed that £20.2million spent on signing him from Atlético Madrid was a gamble, but almost 12 months later it looks a bargain.

“I have had a wonderful first season at Anfield and the goals I scored for Liverpool gave me the confidence I needed for the Euros,” Torres said yesterday. “I would like to thank Rafa and his staff because I have improved as a player thanks to them. It is also thanks to the people of the city. From the moment I came to Liverpool I have been made to feel so welcome.”

There is a genuine connection between Torres and Liverpool. He has talked of a “different spirit about the city and the club” and “a special bond between the players and the supporters”. Such attachments can quickly unravel in modern football, but it is telling that Torres was so quick earlier in the tournament to dismiss the idea of moving to Chelsea, a club who could offer him more money and probably a greater chance of challenging for the Barclays Premier League title next season. He has also said that, as a boyhood Atlético fan, he could never play for Real Madrid, a stance that would limit his options if he were to contemplate leaving Liverpool.

Even if he chooses to spend the rest of career on Merseyside, though, Torres is assured of the devotion of the Spanish nation. For a country that has had an unhealthy infatuation for the past decade with Raúl, the icon of Real, the blossoming on the international stage of Torres and Villa, as well as Xavi Hernández, Andrés Iniesta, David Silva and the rest, is almost as welcome as the triumph itself. The Madrid-based media spent the build-up to the tournament demanding that Luis Aragonés, the Spain coach, reinstate Raúl to the squad.

That particular ghost was laid to rest in Vienna, as was that of Spanish underachievement. Torres will go down in history as the man who ended that long, long wait, but he appears intent on adding to that reputation rather than living on it.

Taken from Nando's official website.

Twinkle, thanks for these cute interviews! He looks like a little child everytime)))) And his accent...OMG)) I'm ready to hear it all the time :blush: But it seems that it's a bit hard for Fernando to speak English fluently, he speaks slowly, choosing words. And it's very nice I think)) So touchable :)

Very nice to hear....

Article from his official site:

04-07-2008 Sobre la web

Torres' official site registered two million downloads on Monday 30

Four million pages viewed and fifteen million downloads during the month of June reflect the success of fernando9torres.com

Fernando Torres’ goal in the final of the European Championships, coupled with his on the pitch performances at Euro 2008 resulted in a floud of visitors to the striker’s website. Visits to the forward’s official webpage during June multiplied by three, with fans from all over the world logging-on to find out the latest news on Fernando Torres.

The impressive figures from June brought with them four million pages viewed, and fifteen million file downloads; an average of 500.000 a day! The busiest days coincided with; Spain’s debut at Euro 08 against Russia, the win over Sweden with Torres netting the first of his country’s two goals, the penalty shoot-out win against Italy in the quarterfinals, the semis versus Russia, and of course, Spain’s 1-0 win over Germany in the final with the only goal of the game scored by the Liverpool and Spanish number ‘9’.

The night of June 29 and June 30 saw visits to the striker’s site double. At one point, the large amount of visitors to fernando9torres.com caused the webpage to collapse, though the small problem was soon solved. Of the two days, Monday June 30 was the busiest with 2.288.116 downloads, an astronomical figure, especially when compared to the 167.518 downloads (still an impressive sum) carried out June 3.

The Spanish and English versions were updated daily throughout the month, and both were in great demand from viewers. This influx of visitors though did not come as a surprise, as since the launch of Fernando9torres.com, the webpage has become the place to visit for all the latest news and views about, and by the forward.

The multimedia section has had to work overtime with photos and videos in great demand. The F9T Direct live on-line chat with Fernando Torres (from the Spanish national team headquarters in Austria) on June 6, was a total success, with more than 1000 questions received.

The month of June has also been a good month for ‘Youtube’. One of the videos on the website received almost 80,000 viewers… it was June 30 and Torres had just scored the final’s only goal to give Spain their first major international trophy in 44 years. The popularity of the forward’s strike, headed a long list of videos from Euro 08 which also included celebrations in the team’s changing room, and the player’s receiving the coveted trophy; a video watched 10,000 times.

Photo: J.A. Sirvent