Bellazon

Vintage covers

Dayrell

16 minutes ago, Dayrell said:

When does The Golden Age arrive? I´m anxious!

I'm hoping to go live by this Summer!!! :thumbsup: As I'm sure you can imagine, it's taken all this time (a year and 1/2) just building the model database.

I'm looking forward to moving into more of a blogger position (scanning vintage mags) when the dang database is finally done (approx 7000 models!! from 1970-2000) But it's getting closer to being done!! I just wanted a place for all my own scans to go...I want to get rid of my gigantic magazine collection, but not before scanning the whole thing... and I felt like Bellazon might crash at any minute... I needed to know all my scans will be safe. LOL. and RQ has busted her butt making this happen too.  Big Time. :wub: 

18 minutes ago, BlueAcadia said:

I'm hoping to go live by this Summer!!! :thumbsup: As I'm sure you can imagine, it's taken all this time (a year and 1/2) just building the model database.

I'm looking forward to moving into more of a blogger position (scanning vintage mags) when the dang database is finally done (approx 7000 models!! from 1970-2000) But it's getting closer to being done!! I just wanted a place for all my own scans to go...I want to get rid of my gigantic magazine collection, but not before scanning the whole thing... and I felt like Bellazon might crash at any minute... I needed to know all my scans will be safe. LOL. and RQ has busted her butt making this happen too.  Big Time. :wub: 

I think that keeping digitized collections safe is a really big problem. I have part of my images stored on external hard drives and part on sites hosted in the clouds, like dropbox. But I still don't feel safe. In 2010 a whole collection of my personal photos disappeared on a website in the clouds. Over 4000 personal photos, years of travel and events. It's like my life has been erased from one moment to the next.

1 hour ago, Dayrell said:

I think that keeping digitized collections safe is a really big problem. I have part of my images stored on external hard drives and part on sites hosted in the clouds, like dropbox. But I still don't feel safe. In 2010 a whole collection of my personal photos disappeared on a website in the clouds. Over 4000 personal photos, years of travel and events. It's like my life has been erased from one moment to the next.

UGH! Yep. I'm sorry to hear that. That really hurts to lose important stuff like that. I've had huge digital losses before too... personal images and magazine scans, back in the days before cloud back-ups. It sucks every time!! 😩😫😖

16 hours ago, BlueAcadia said:

oh wow BA... this new model DB idea sounds great... I hope you get it launched ok... btw you are welcome to use any of my scans, if you wish... (note to self: I also need to upload all my fashion magazine scans to the cloud sometime)... anyway I wish you and RQ the very best of luck with the new project!