Bellazon

Cats vs. Dogs

Cats vs. Dogs  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Are cats or dogs the smarter species?

• Cats
    • Dogs
    • This requires too much thought to decide...

:hug: I knew that I liked you for a reason,'bella!I've had cats all my life and they are amazing little suckers. :wub: I think one of the main reasons some people are put off by cats is that they are independent.Don't get me wrong,I like dogs as well.Dogs want to please,cats just don't give a damn!They love you or not,they are never truly "owned".

:hug: awww me too! I have had cats my whole life (dogs too) but cats are more my style. I just think they are so smart. I can pretend to have food in my hand to get my cat over to me and those little suckers know I really don't have any! A dog would come straight over lol. and like you said, they choose who they want to like, a dog will just choose anybody (in other words, you have to gain their trust first) which I thouroughly enjoy doing, then they love you forever! It is amazing how much personality each and every cat has. I have 3 cats and they are all sooo different, it's so cute. most "cat haters" would say they're all alike but that is so far from the truth.

they're just so gentle, if I were an animal I would definitely be a cat! (I'm choosy) :p

awwww :wub: they sound so adorable. I am so happy to hear your oldest kitty is 16! All of mine are brothers. Their mama was my first cat and she got preggers and we just fell in love with the kittens that we had to keep them :wub: They are all 10 years old now! I hope they live 16+. I think they will cuz they are indoor cats and are very healthy and playful still. (just fat, lazy,happy cats) lol

I am glad to find such a cat lover as myself here on BZ :hug:

Hey 'bella :wave: I know what ya mean(fat,happy & lazy)! :laugh: Or as I call it the sleep,eat,play & repeat cycle!That's so cool that your cats are all brothers...I've never had sibling cats before...not yet!Keeping those little suckers inside makes all the difference.I just trip out when I read Cat Fancy and I see cats in there that are in their 20's and beyond.It's amazing!It looks like we are slowing gaining ground on the poll! :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Cats without hesitation.

i'm an animals lover and i got 4 dogs and 10 cats (birds and fishs too).

now i 've get just a cat. my parents' house is in the forest at 10 minutes of the beach near to Cannes in the south of France.

his name is Philipon and he is 13 years old.

on all the animal i had he is my favourite. maybe because 5 of my cats were "wild" cats... these cats lived few months in the forest a,d only my mother and i were allowed to touch them.

2 other cats were already old when i'm born and another were already aldut when i "adoped" him. he had a family but he was all the time in my house because of my other cats... when his family moved in another city my parents decided to put the cat in their new garden, but the day later the cat was come back in our house.he walked 4 or 5 miles in the night.

unfortunately few years later my stupid neighbours killed my cat with poison :( and few years latter he killed one of my wild cat with a fox trap. there are chickens in his garden so he used traps and poison against the fox...

they (him and his wife) get animal but they animals sleep in the garden even when it rain and one day my neighbourg killed accidentaly one of his dog with his car in his garden. they are a real shame.

there are few years (in 2004) my parents made constructions in their house so we rented another house at 30km (18 miles) of our home and when i left for paris my cat stayed alone with my parents and he saw i was left and few hours later he left too.

my parents were very sad and they searched the cat everywhere. he was came back at home when he saw i was left.

my cat is very affectuous, sometimes too much :ninja:

and he is a bit weird because sometimes he eat his food like a human. he is sit in front of his food and he takes the meat with his paws and he puts the meat in his mouth :blink:

when i take my bath he always want to be with me and he often drink bath water :ninja: and he sleeps on the bathtube.

sometimes when there is too much vapor in the bathroom he licks windows XD

his favourite game is "jump on the parents' convertible cars".

my parents' cars are always under my bedroom's and the bathroom's balconies.

when the balcony's window is open, the cat runs and jumps from the balcony. he enjoys to make trampoline on the car's roof and he claws all the roof in same time. my dad would like to kill him.

sometimes if we don't close all the doors he can jump 3 or 4 times on cars in 10 minutes. <_<

he is a cardboard box fetishist. when my parents offered him to me for my 10th birthday, he was hidden in a shoes cardboard box... so now he is traumatisted and when he sees a box (even a little of 5cm on 7cm for cheese... :ninja:) he tried to sit or sleep inside XD

and he loves Strawberry. this is his favourite fruit. he is always happy when there are strawberries :laugh:

• 2 months later...
  • 13 years later...