• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Zac Efron's Quotes:

- Spider-Man's probably my favorite. You see, Batman is a billionaire and there's nothing really cool about a billionaire saving the world. But Spider-Man is Peter Parker, a conflicted character who puts on a suit and saves the world. I love that.

- Personally, I was never the cool kid. I was always sort of a bookworm. I would just like to be more like Troy, because he's so cool.

- Jesse McCartney is one of the nicest people around. I hate when I hear bad things about him, because anyone who knows him would agree that he's a good guy and really humble.

- In the back of my mind, I can never forget this could be gone tomorrow - and at this point I think the odds are against me... the chances of succeeding in this business are slim to none; there's only a handful of people that have long careers. You have to put in the work, you can never be satisfied, never take it for granted.

- I've always cared about fashion and what I look like. I don't like to spend a lot of money on designer clothes, but I do like to look good.

- I'm very competitive by nature. And I like to be the underdog - It's the best way to win. To come from behind and win is a great feeling!

- I'm a guy, but I'm not afraid to cry. Not all of the time. But when I'm watching a movie, I'll sometimes shed a tear, especially 'Moulin Rouge'.

- I've been doing musical theater since I was a kid. And look for a CD from me in the future. I want to write all the songs!

- I wish I could say I see my little brother more. We used to fight all the time but now that I don't see him very often I cherish the time I have with him.

- I usually spend Valentines Day with my friends. But if I did have a girlfriend, I'd bring her flowers and candy.

- I think if you're fame-hungry, go out to a nightclub and get drunk... why do that? I don't understand how some people would want fame so bad that they'd go out and get negative attention to earn it.

- Think on your toes, use what's around you, and come up with something organic and fun.

- Sometimes I take a while to get ready to go out. It's not excessive, but it takes me some time to find clean clothes that match.

- Little Zac had it easy - but he didn't realize he had it easy, so he took it for granted. I think going through 'Hairspray' and other projects helped me learn about the business and life in general.

- It's weird, but I don't feel like think I deserve any of the attention. There's really nothing but one audition for a Disney Channel movie that separates me from 2,000 other brown-haired, blue-eyed guys in L.A., you know?

- In sixth grade, my basketball team made it to the league championships. In double overtime, with three seconds left, I rebounded the ball and passed it - to the wrong team! They scored at the buzzer and we lost the game. To this day, I still have nightmares!

- I've grown up a lot, I'm on my own, and I've learned some valuable life lessons.

- I've always been singing. Since day one. I started doing musical theater and you have to sing in musical theater and so that's where I got most of my training. So singing on stage, you just inevitably, when you're around other vocal artists, you get better at singing.

- I'm definitely not getting married. In this business, you're either getting married or they want you to be pregnant. I'm not getting married until I'm forty. If ever.

- I wouldn't just have other people write songs and me go out and sing it. I would sit down with a guitar and write 11 or 12 good songs for an album and that is gonna take a long time.

- I was influenced when I was younger by the cartoon movies that Disney put out, like Cinderella and what not. I watched those movies over and over when I was younger and the music is ingrained into my head. Nowadays, I'm still humming the tunes. It taught me the fundamentals.

- I think it's fine for girls to ask boys out. I actually prefer it.

- I think if a girl is easy to talk to then that's the first thing I look for. It's great when you meet a girl and three hours later you're like, 'Oh my gosh, we've been talking for three hours, what happened to the time?'

- I like when a girl knows what she looks like and dresses to accentuate those features.

- I don't know if I believe in love at first sight, but of course I believe in two people having chemistry right away. A girl should be really easy to talk to. When I lose track of time because we've been talking, I think that's really fun.

- A fan sent me a letter and a $10 bill. It's a short letter - all she said was, "Hey, since it's harder for you to go out these days without getting photographed, here $10 for a pizza." I was like, "Aww, she sent me money for a pizza so I could eat at home!"

- If I splurge on anything, it's cologne. I love smelling good.

- Working out is my biggest hobby. It's my Zen hour. I just zone out.

- Amanda Bynes and I have become close since filming 'Hairspray.' It's so weird because I grew up watching her.

- Dating is kind of hard. Like dinner or something like that. Like a forced awkward situation is very strange. Especially for me, for some reason.

- Every day is a new experience and I take it as it comes.

- From day one, I got addicted to being on stage and getting the applause and laughter.

- I can draw really well. And I like to paint. I'm a bit of an artist.

- I grew up being into sports and I wasn't trained to move my body in the right way for dancing. I'm the last one to get any moves correct. In rehearsals it's always, 'OK, one more take for Zac.'

- A girl can tell I like her when I blush or start telling bad jokes.

- Great advice comes from people that have been around a lot longer than you.

- I'll never try to put on a fake image. I'm just Zac.

- One time I went into a restroom and a girl followed me in. I signed an autograph for her in the sink. It was pretty funny because she was in a guy's restroom and she wasn't embarrassed at all.

- Honestly, if the worst these people can say about me is that I'm gay, then I think I'll be fine. I can handle it.

- The fans make the person a star.