Bellazon

Megan Ewing

The new Guess section is beautiful, Trimalynn! Good job on reorganizing what must be hundreds of pictures overall! I must say, though Megan's career was much, much shorter than it should have been, at least she had the luck to go to work for a company that documents it's models *extremely* well. Every campaign she had with them must have given at least 20 pictures of her!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry-- do you mean to say you contacted Megan directly? That's exciting if that's the case!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And back then Guess was so much classier! They're getting back to their roots. Anyone want me to scan the new campaign? it's not online yet.

And back then Guess was so much classier!  They're getting back to their roots.  Anyone want me to scan the new campaign?  it's not online yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, the new Guess ads starring Melissa Rose Haro (who was on Project Runway) are pretty damn drab and boring... I'll have a scan up soon too. Trimalynn, I'd lvoe to see yours as well...

melissaroseharoguess3sq.th.jpg

Here's a Melissa Rose Haro ad for Marciano (the offshoot of Guess that started in 2004) from the newest Vogue mag (madonna on cover.) It's... you know, it's an okay picture. Pretty (if kinda big-nosed and wonky faced) girl on a leopard-skin rug, talking on the phone and looking coy. It's just nowhere near as amazing or well constructed a shoot as the Guess pics of 2002 and earlier were. There are no amazing locations, no cool poses... just a pretty girl on the phone. This could be from Newport news or something, it's so boring.

...Well... at least they seem to have gotten rid of Paris HIlton. I guess her "wedding" is eating too much of her time now to be a fame whore.

Oh, and here's the Guess Fall 2005 campaign, also starring Melissa Rose Haro. I don't know why she's suddenly the Marciano's darling... she is very pretty on camera and she looks like a nice person but... my god is she unfotogenic! The blond model with her is pretty uninspired and unphotogenic as well.

And although Rapahel Mazzucco (who did almost all of Megan's Guess campaigns, including the magical Love Story and Love & Peace ones) is photographing this, the pictures came out looking really really bad. They look so dusty and corny and old fashioned... like they're from the 80s, not the 00s.

post-133-1121988789_thumb.jpg

post-133-1121988800_thumb.jpg

post-133-1121988808_thumb.jpg

post-133-1121988816_thumb.jpg

they're pretty uninspired, and the blond looks too much like tara reid!

it feels like they're attempting to recreate Death Valley or White Sands with lesser models.

the very last picture

post-41-0-1446118054-1557_thumb.jpg

reminds me of this these:

post-41-0-1446118054-09372_thumb.jpg post-41-0-1446118054-13734_thumb.jpg

But I have to say, these new images are much better than Paris Hilton.

LOL bang I believe you said?

It is just me or are all the Guess brunettes starting to look alike? A I miss the days of Adriana, Megan, and Patricia, they were all sooo unique. Now these models they have look similar to the old models and have nothing that stands out to me. Perhaps I'm just very loyal to our dear Megan :p

These are Marciano (from the Elle with Jessica Simpson on the cover :yuckky: ), they're too flashy for me, too many colors and I have no clue what they're selling. If it's the clothing, I wouldn't ever wear any of the garments pictured. The only thing I would ever purchase from these ads is the mirror...

hehe, of course if Megan ever did these campaigns, you know I'd rave about them :p

I changed my mind, I did clean them up a bit...

th_Image17.jpg th_Image18.jpg th_Image19.jpg

These are from new Guess? campaign. They're from the Marie Claire with Jessica Alba on the cover. I rather like the last pic actually.

th_Image20.jpg th_Image21.jpg th_Image22.jpg

Yes, add me to that bandwagon. Those Marciano ads look so..tacky! Like they're trying too hard. The GUESS ads are so much better. Ah. It's refreshing to see them after all of that gaud above! :laugh:

I wish Megan would come back too. Things are going to hell without her!

btw thanks for all the posts Trimalynn!

post-133-0-1446118056-26527_thumb.jpg

post-133-0-1446118056-28403_thumb.jpg

Those are the Guess ads of Bianca Balti, who is *really* beautiful (if a bit too snooty looking-- Megan and Adriana can carry off looking like the girls next door but she really can't...) Her Guess ads were really nice looking, even if the "Mediterranean vacation" look of the shoot was kind of unimaginative.

But the Fall 2005 ads are really, really cheap looking-- I would have thought a company like Guess could have done much better, especially with a good photographer like Raphael Mazzucco...

Yes, add me to that bandwagon. Those Marciano ads look so..tacky! Like they're trying too hard. The GUESS ads are so much better. Ah. It's refreshing to see them after all of that gaud above!  :laugh:

I wish Megan would come back too. Things are going to hell without her!

btw thanks for all the posts Trimalynn!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd really love to see Megan back for Guess... wasn't she one of their longest running models? She did 2 straight years with them, for a total of 6-9 campaigns... Did any other Guess model do as much? Maybe Laetitia Casta?

But Megan herself seems reluclant to model nowadays... and I don't think Guess uses models that they used years before anyway. They're always looking for the "next new face"-- though maybe Fabiana Tambosi was their last great one.

And thanks, Trimalynn, for all the new Fall 2005 Guess ads!