Bellazon

Rendez-vous by Claude Lelouch (1976)

Nicola Trunfio

• 4 weeks later...

i LOVE this film! :clap:

i even have it on my iPod... :D driving through paris like this must have been such a thrill, and the roar from that Ferrari engine is like music in itself.

the whole thing was filmed illegally of course, since nobody in their right mind would give permission for this to be done in real life on real roads! (which it was)

thanks for posting, NT. ;)

:hug: yes, this short one is the killer! i can watch it infinitely... i'm glad that find someone who is not indifferent to this masterpiece!

you know this film is full of legends! it was forbidden for public show and was played underground in closed clubs for a long years! it saw the light only in 90's (as i know)... there was no effects or speed-up playing. everything is natural! but with some exceptions: it wasn't ferrari 275gtb, it was old mercedes-benz 450sel owned by claude lelouch and sound of ferrari engine was placed on it. and the big mystery was: who was the driver? some sources told that it was f1 driver... but recently lelouch said that it was him behind the wheel.

:hug: yes, this short one is the killer! i can watch it infinitely... i'm glad that find someone who is not indifferent to this masterpiece!

you know this film is full of legends! it was forbidden for public show and was played underground in closed clubs for a long years! it saw the light only in 90's (as i know)... there was no effects or speed-up playing. everything is natural! but with some exceptions: it wasn't ferrari 275gtb, it was old mercedes-benz 450sel owned by claude lelouch and sound of ferrari engine was placed on it. and the big mystery was: who was the driver? some sources told that it was f1 driver... but recently lelouch said that it was him behind the wheel.

Exactly! Everything was filmed for real, and so all the risks were genuine.

I heard rumours originally, that Jacky Ickx was the driver in the movie, but like you said, apparently Lelouch himself was behind the wheel.

It's also a shame that it wasn't really the Ferrari he was driving - I feel that this somewhat takes away the "rawness" of the footage, since it has been dubbed over the Mercedes engine.

I mean, Lelouch had that particular Ferrari - why didn't he use it? :D

It's such a great little piece - I'm so glad that I too have found someone who appreciates it so much! :laugh:

yes he bought ferrari when he made a fortune after success of 'un homme et une femme'...:yes: and i heard about jacky, as well as jeanpierre beltoise and jacques laffite... but it was really lelouch by himself. you can hear it on the video 'making of' when they stand on the red light at place de la concorde

• 2 weeks later...
yes he bought ferrari when he made a fortune after success of 'un homme et une femme'...:yes: and i heard about jacky, as well as jeanpierre beltoise and jacques laffite... but it was really lelouch by himself. you can hear it on the video 'making of' when they stand on the red light at place de la concorde

oooh there's a 'making of' video? i'll search youtube now...sounds great! :o