Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

I just got my magazine, it's too beautiful :wub6yh2cm: Some things that are in the internal content:

- Candice participated in the "30 questions for" series of Vogue Online. She talked about her favorite places in Brazil, some curiosities, career plans (very curious about it), beauty secrets and about motherhood.
- There is also an article, written by herself, where she tells why she chose Brazil for the birth of the Anacã and her experience with pregnancy and humanized childbirth. It is a beautiful subject too, you can see how much she loves the Anacã.

I'll try to translate, so you guys read and understand!

1 hour ago, angelcandicebra said:

I just got my magazine, it's too beautiful :wub6yh2cm: Some things that are in the internal content:

- Candice participated in the "30 questions for" series of Vogue Online. She talked about her favorite places in Brazil, some curiosities, career plans (very curious about it), beauty secrets and about motherhood.
- There is also an article, written by herself, where she tells why she chose Brazil for the birth of the Anacã and her experience with pregnancy and humanized childbirth. It is a beautiful subject too, you can see how much she loves the Anacã.

I'll try to translate, so you guys read and understand!

Let me know if you need any help! :smile: 

On here guys! It will probably have some error, but I tried my best, I believe you will understand :heart:

"I never dreamed of having children until I was 25, when I began to feel a strong desire to be a mother, to care for and love someone. When we women have reached a certain moment of our existence, the body seems to ask for it: to generate a new life.

I had been dating Hermann (Nicoli, Brazilian model) since 2005, whom I met in Paris when when both of us were in the beginning of our career. I went to Brazil for the first time the following year and fell in love. I have had beautiful experiences in Brazil since I was 17 years old, so we decided to have our first child here. The fact that I spoke Portuguese fluently also helped in the decision - otherwise, it would be very difficult to communicate at this particular moment. My soul and my energy are always at peace when I am in Brazil.

I really wanted the delivery to be natural, so I concentrated and trained enough to make it happen. Pregnancy, to me, was something inexplicable, a magical moment. I know it's different for each person, but I loved the feeling of the baby stirring in my belly. To this day, I look at my son and try to remember that feeling.

When I completed three months of gestation, I decided to stop working. I wanted to devote my time to everything that lay ahead, to understand what was happening inside me. I started researching to find out how the baby was evolving over the months. I dreamed a lot about him, imagined his face, sang to him, talked to him ...

Then came the thoughts about childbirth. I was in New York, but I wanted my son to be born in Brazil. He wanted to stay close to nature, the sea, rice and beans. With five months of gestation, I arrived in Vitória, in Espírito Santo, where Hermann's family lives, and I went to see a doctor. At that moment, I met Dr. Jaqueline Alvarenga. She was calm and affectionate, besides having an energy that left me calm.

In Brazil, about 60% of deliveries are cesarean deliveries. So I knew that I needed to find a team that really could and would help me to have a natural, humanized birth. Unfortunately, many doctors opt for cesarean delivery because normal deliveries can take longer. Of course, caesarean section is important, but it is designed for specific situations, to protect the life of mothers in cases of risk or when the baby really needs.

In humanized deliveries, one of the common practices is to have a doula - women who provide physical and emotional support to mothers before, during, and after the baby's birth. Mine was Letícia Rios, from the group Gesta Vida, from Vitória. She followed me through the whole process and taught me exercises and techniques such as, for example, the step-by-step time to give birth, breastfeeding, and everything. 

I also did pilates and participated in lectures for pregnant women in a program focused on humanized childbirth. The preparation has to be physical, but also spiritual. It was great to meet other pregnant women and make friends with women from lives so different from each other. It was a place where the group could talk about everything and get support. When the time finally came, I felt ready. Hermann also gave me incredible support and was present at childbirth. The time passed and when I saw, my pregnancy had completed 42 weeks. Last month was very uncomfortable. My belly was huge and I, anxious for the birth, to meet him and begin this new phase.

On October 4, 2016, at 2:30 a.m., I felt the contractions begin. I stood between the shower and the bed, meditating until my doula arrived. It was only at the noon that I went to the hospital. Anacan was born at 5:30 p.m., in the bathtub there. The hot water helped me in the process. It was 15 hours worth every second. He came straight into my arms.

The pregnancy gave me a strength and a sense of responsibility that made any fear disappear. I knew the pains of contractions would be to bring my son closer to me. Looking at his little face was an expected and intense moment in my life. I was so happy to have felt it all, nature is perfect!

We are much stronger than we imagine. That is why today, I wish all women to have a beautiful and remarkable birth. I want to have more children and they will come into the world as naturally as I can."