Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Sometimes (or everytime), I really don't understand why HF brands don't use much more the VS models like Candice. She is just so beautiful and perfect!! In my opinion, she is more breathaking than the models who land the major campaigns or walk the runway. And I'd like to see her in something other and different than VS (even if I love her in Pink). She is more versatile!

Because being a HF model isn't always about looking 'perfect'. Believe it or not, there is an art to modeling... and as pretty as Candice is she isn't very versatile and really is a 'one' look type of a model. Once upon a time, before she got super popular (and VS got their hands on her), there was plenty of potential in her, but she's learned she can rely on simply looking hot rather than doing much else.

PrettyPhile- YES. i posted them ages ago. but nevermind, thanks anyways.

&& i agree with Ana BB fan- most high fashion models are not the most beautiful, they are unique and interesting and have eye-catching features. Candice is too blonde & i dunno..she would just stand out... when she was brunette she started off doing runway's like Betsy Johnson & stuff...and she fitted in. But does she need to book all the lastes fashion campaigns? NO. she is working for VS. which im sure pays her just fine.

Sometimes (or everytime), I really don't understand why HF brands don't use much more the VS models like Candice. She is just so beautiful and perfect!! In my opinion, she is more breathaking than the models who land the major campaigns or walk the runway. And I'd like to see her in something other and different than VS (even if I love her in Pink). She is more versatile!

I agree. I wish HF brands would use more VS-type models, especially Candice.

Whoever said that HF is more about looking interesting and art than looking necessarily mainstream attractive, definetly. But the thing is, at least to me, most high fashion models are not interesting looking...they're average. And if they are interesting looking, it's not in a pleasant way. Very few high fashion models have intrigued me...Lily Cole is an example...whenever I see her I can't stop staring at her and I don't know why.

A lot of VS models are just mainstream attractive and therefore not that intriguing/interesting, but I disagree that Candice is one of them. Candice looks like she was manufactured in a lab somewhere. She has the perfect proportions for everything. Her waist to hip ratio, the averageness of her face (Not in terms of quality, but in terms of size and positioning of facial features...scientists have discovered that the more "average" facial features are, the more attractive a person is universally. Candice has the perfect average face). The short torso, long legs combination. The thin without being bony physique, with lack of flab and cellulite.

All of those features themselves are common and uninteresting, but to find them all in the single person is very rare. I have yet to see it on anyone besides Candice, and to me, that makes her very intriguining.

As for versitility, she's not the best model, but she can do high fashion. She's done it before. She can also do cute, and sexy.

They were posted between 30 and 50 pages ago, and only 3 of them were posted. Also as a side note, they were taken by Leon Gorman.. always nice to credit where things come from.

&& i agree with Ana BB fan- most high fashion models are not the most beautiful, they are unique and interesting and have eye-catching features. Candice is too blonde & i dunno..she would just stand out... when she was brunette she started off doing runway's like Betsy Johnson & stuff...and she fitted in. But does she need to book all the lastes fashion campaigns? NO. she is working for VS. which im sure pays her just fine.

I'm not really talking about her looks though. I'm talking about her modeling ability.

I know this gonna sound dumb, but I was wondering if any of you guys know how to save pics from the VS website? There are some pics there that I didn't find in this thread that I wanted to save but disn't know how. If you could point me to a thread that explains that would be great. Thanks

I know this gonna sound dumb, but I was wondering if any of you guys know how to save pics from the VS website? There are some pics there that I didn't find in this thread that I wanted to save but disn't know how. If you could point me to a thread that explains that would be great. Thanks

You need to have the code for the pictures. To get the code:

Go to the page with the picture. Now you can do 2 things:

1. Click size chart. This should bring up a new small window. In that window, click Larger View. Now you can get the vs tag either by saving that small picture or by inspecting.

232e4c86940773.jpg

post-20889-0-1446065623-22933_thumb.jpg

2. View the source page info by right clicking on the page and click 'View Source'. You get a new window, press CTRL-F and search for JPG. First hit is the code for that picture.

Copy that code and use this link for larger view:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodzoom/V301891.jpg

But replace the last bit with the tag of your choice.

Because being a HF model isn't always about looking 'perfect'. Believe it or not, there is an art to modeling... and as pretty as Candice is she isn't very versatile and really is a 'one' look type of a model. Once upon a time, before she got super popular (and VS got their hands on her), there was plenty of potential in her, but she's learned she can rely on simply looking hot rather than doing much else.

How could we know that Candice isn't very versatile while she made nothing important in the HF? It will be necessary to give her a chance before judging her.

Then, about the "art to modeling", effectively, I don't really believe in it. "Art" is a very tarnished word.

How could we know that Candice isn't very versatile while she made nothing important in the HF? It will be necessary to give her a chance before judging her.

Then, about the "art to modeling", effectively, I don't really believe in it. "Art" is a very tarnished word.

Actually... very early in her career she did. And if you read my post a little a better you would've seen I said she had great potential BUT she got very used to just having to be sexy and I doubt she's going to revert anytime soon. As for "the art of modeling", there's a reason Playboy models aren't asked to model Valentino... Beauty is in the eye of beholder, therefore there has to be some intractable talent attached to being a model (especially in HC).

There are plenty of gorgeous girls in the world who can't be models. Know why? Because they have no idea what to do in front of a camera. Being a model includes being able to be multi-faceted in front of a camera, hence there being some skillset/talent to it; that's what I meant by "art". In HC, there's so much to do with your body, with your face, to create emotion, create an atmosphere, to create a canvas to sell the clothing... Arching your back and looking sexy is only a tiny part of in the grand scheme of HC. Candice has been in his 'sexy' bubble for so long, that I don't know if she knows how to get out of it.

She probably doesn't want to. That's her prerogative. All I'm saying is that having a pretty face/body isn't enough to cut it in a field of modeling where it takes that extra spark of creativity to really get a designers/photographers attention.