• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

saw shannon at a restaurant last night, waited until her and friends were leaving then politely approached and called her name, she ignored at first, then her friend asked who i "thought" it was... I said, "aren't you Shannon McMullen, the Guess model?"... her friend, speaking for Shannon, said no and I said really? I am fairly certain you are...  finally Shannon turned around and I complimented her work for Guess and said I think she is one of the most gorgeous women in the world.

I politely asked if I could take a photo with her and she declined and implied I was rude for bothering her.

I've met many famous models over my years in L.A. from VS angels to SI Swimsuit ladies and the vast majority are very nice and even flattered when approached and complimented, but Shannon ranks very high among the worst experiences I've ever had and it was quite stunning given her career is just starting and her "accomplishments" within the industry really aren't there at this point.

Oh well, lesson learned.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/29/2023 at 11:16 AM, MERPER said:

saw shannon at a restaurant last night, waited until her and friends were leaving then politely approached and called her name, she ignored at first, then her friend asked who i "thought" it was... I said, "aren't you Shannon McMullen, the Guess model?"... her friend, speaking for Shannon, said no and I said really? I am fairly certain you are...  finally Shannon turned around and I complimented her work for Guess and said I think she is one of the most gorgeous women in the world.

I politely asked if I could take a photo with her and she declined and implied I was rude for bothering her.

I've met many famous models over my years in L.A. from VS angels to SI Swimsuit ladies and the vast majority are very nice and even flattered when approached and complimented, but Shannon ranks very high among the worst experiences I've ever had and it was quite stunning given her career is just starting and her "accomplishments" within the industry really aren't there at this point.

Oh well, lesson learned.

For some reason she looks like she's shy about her celebrity. There are barely any tagged photos on her Instagram for instance. That said, maybe she's just annoyed to be hit on all the time and automatically ignores male fans. x)

7 hours ago, Timorite said:

For some reason she looks like she's shy about her celebrity. There are barely any tagged photos on her Instagram for instance. That said, maybe she's just annoyed to be hit on all the time and automatically ignores male fans. x)

very possible to all of that

i'd just say there's a big difference between hitting on her and simply giving her a compliment and asking for a quick photo and she should be able to distinguish between the 2, but whatever not that big a deal

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...