Bellazon

Yamila Diaz-Rahi
Thumbnail

Tali

How about some updated info and or candids on this very exotic woman. We rarely see her much except when the latest issue of SI comes around, and I'm afraid since she has been in it for a long time now, it may be time to retire her a la Daniela Pestova. This would be a shame as she looks much younger than she is and easily looks as stunning if not more so than the younger ones. Can anyone shed some light and share some pics on this beauty?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm with you ADRI!! I'm shocked she isn't really big. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Maybe she needs to eat more. [joke] :D (actually I do wonder whether she maybe lost a bit too much weight for SI2007).

Perhaps she isn't as famous because she doesn't go to lots of events like a lot of the other models. Perhaps also because she isn't a catwalk model. Perhaps also because she doesn't do more shoots for people like Maxim etc. or more TV shows and adverts (which is a shame). I think she prefers a more 'normal' life rather than lots of promotional/publicity events and that is why she isn't as famous.

The film she is in isn't easily available in the USA or UK so that means only Italian people will usually be able to watch it. Even some of the Sports Illustrated DVDs she's in aren't available or re-released in places like Amazon.

So she doesn't really do enough new things (magazine shoots, TV shows, films, etc.) and a lot of the things she has done aren't easily available to buy. :cry:

EDIT: I think she should have an official website like some of the other models (like Marisa/Petra).

I don't think she's too thin by ANY means or that she's lost too much weight. She looks very very healthy.

But she needs to do MORE and MORE!!!

Seriously. Shes soooo gorgeous. I would really love to see her in TV. She's sooo gorgeous in pictures, but she simply stunning on video!!

She is also a bit older now (late 20's or early 30's depending on what you read) and may not be as popular as when she was the SI cover in 2002. However, she looks every bit as youthful, sexy and stunning as any of the current VS girls. I think Batman has it right; she probably prefers a lower profile than say, Petra Nemcova, who is everywhere, and constantly photographed. It is our loss, however, as she seems to be a truly sweet person if her appearances on talk shows (Tonight Show, Today Show) are a gauge. She should have her own official website, given her accomplishments, and this might help to promote her better. I think she could do a lot more shoots if she wanted to.

She is also a bit older now (late 20's or early 30's depending on what you read) and may not be as popular as when she was the SI cover in 2002. However, she looks every bit as youthful, sexy and stunning as any of the current VS girls.

I think Batman has it right; she probably prefers a lower profile than say, Petra Nemcova, who is everywhere, and constantly photographed. It is our loss, however, as she seems to be a truly sweet person if her appearances on talk shows (Tonight Show, Today Show) are a gauge. She should have her own official website, given her accomplishments, and this might help to promote her better. I think she could do a lot more shoots if she wanted to.

Yamila's younger than people like Angelina Jolie, Penelope Cruz, Daniela Pestova, etc. (she looks a lot younger than any of them in my opinion) and about the same age as Veronica Varekova (the official S.I. site says Yamila is 30). If people wanted to do a photoshoot with say Angelina Jolie they wouldn't decide not to because of her age. Peta Nemcova is 28 and Marisa Miller is nearly 29 according to imdb and that doesn't matter at all as like Yamila they look fine.

I too think she should do more shoots and TV shows, films, etc. like I said, and I really do hope she gets an official website and her films etc. get released everywhere.

Also, are there any links to clips of her appearances on the Tonight Show or Today Show?

If you look at Yamila's photos from SI 2002 or older, you'll see that, although not long ago, she looked very young for her age. She seems to be coming into her own even more now as far as her look, and has maintained a certain,"fresh" youthful appearance which I think will allow her to model for quite some time still. Unfortunately, we now see less of her, apart from SI. She also seems to be a genuinely sweet person when you see her on video (check out SI.com by year, and searchforvideo.com for Today Show video) She appears on Today Show and Tonight Show with Daniela Pestova so they must be acquainted. I'm afraid Yamila may fall into the same group as Daniela, Veronika Varekova, Elsa Benitez- all girls you don't see much anymore (our loss) She also did a book ,'Exposures' of photos with the above mentioned girls and others and it is smokin'! This current crop of VS Angels, although great, have got nothin' on Yamila, and these other girls!