Bellazon

Kim Cloutier
Thumbnail

musicbaby500

Sports Illustrated models to promote swimsuit edition in Vegas

Eighteen Sports Illustrated swimsuit models will be in Las Vegas Thursday for a series of appearances to promote the release of this year’s edition.

It’s the first time the launch of the popular edition will have a public component.

Cover model Bar Refaeli will be joined by other swimsuit models Ariel Meredith, Brooklyn Decker, Cintia Dicker, Damaris Lewis, Daniella Sarahyba, Esti Ginzburg, Hilary Rhoda, Irina Shayk, Jarah Mariano, Jessica Gomes, Jessica Hart, Jessica White, Julie Henderson, Kim Cloutier, Lucia Dvorska, Melissa Haro and Tori Praver in various appearances.

The models will start with a noon photo shoot at the “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign on Las Vegas Boulevard South.

Models then will appear at three locations Thursday from 3 to 5 p.m. Edition-signing events are planned at the Margaritaville at the Flamingo (Cloutier, White and Ginzburg), the iBar at the Rio (Meredith, Praver, Dicker and Sarahyba) and the Art of Music retail store at the Mirage (Shayk, Mariano, Henderson and Dvorska).

The evening will end with the “Club SI Swimsuit Party,” a private invitations-only reception at Luxor’s LAX nightclub which will include red-carpet entrances and music by six-time Grammy Award winner John Legend and DJ Sky Nellor.

The Las Vegas appearances – called “SI Swimsuit 24/7, from New York to Las Vegas” – is a three-way promotion by the magazine, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority and Southwest Airlines.

Southwest is wrapping one of its Boeing 737-700 jets with imagery promoting the edition, dubbing the jet “SI One.” That plane will be used on a special charter to transport the models from New York to Las Vegas and will arrive early in the morning. The models will spend much of that day in appearances before returning to New York on Friday.

Sooo great news!! More kim's appearances

NEW YORK — Kim Cloutier of Montreal has become only the third Canadian model in 45 years to appear in Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Edition.

As a career move in modeling, it doesn’t get any better than this. The pictures are seen by 66 million people worldwide.

Sports Illustrated has published a Swimsuit Edition every year since 1964. This year’s, dated Feb. 13, starts hitting U.S. and Canadian newsstands today, although most Canadian outlets won’t get it until early next week. The Swimsuit Edition accounts for a full 10% of Sports Illustrated’s annual sales, amounting to about $1 billion in revenue.

The only previous Canadians to appear, according to SI’s archives, are Ehrinn Cummings of Quebec and Rachel Roberts from B.C.

“Every model dreams of doing the Swimsuit issue,” Cloutier, a 21-year-old Montreal native, told Sun Media in an exclusive interview at a nail salon, not far from her apartment in New York’s Financial District. “It’s a dream come true for me. It’s one of the most prestigious contracts in the industry.”

Sports Illustrated pulls out all the stops to promote its Swimsuit Edition. On Monday, they had a huge billboard unveiled by David Letterman in Times Square, on Tuesday the models got to ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange in front of a group of open-mouthed brokers, and the official launch was held Wednesday night at a big VIP party on Madison Ave. The festivities continue today in Las Vegas, with a news conference and autograph session.

This year, you could vote in advance online for your favourite SI model. Cloutier got 42% of the votes, but it was Leonardo DiCaprio’s Israeli girlfriend, Bar Rafaeli, who got the cover.

Cloutier seems a bit blown away by it all. A bit like Cinderella, she had appointments with the makeup and hairstylists Wednesday before putting on her Stella McCartney dress for the big night.

“A car is coming to pick me up at 4:30 p.m.,” she said.

So how did a girl from Montreal get here?

“I met the people from the magazine for the first time in 2007,” she said while applying pink nail polish. “They seemed interested, but I wasn’t hired. I saw them again in 2008 and they optioned me, and finally I got the job. They didn’t even ask me to put on a swimsuit. They only looked at my photos.”

The photo shoot took place last October, in Mexico’s Riviera Maya. She flew first class.

“That was where I realized this was huge. We were in a five-star hotel, on an incredible beach, and the team was great.”

She trained hard for the prestigious shoot.

“I had to be in the best possible shape. It’s too big. I trained every day for a month.”

Obviously, the shoot was a success.

“It’s probably the sexiest thing I’ve done in my life,” she said, laughing. “But I knew perfectly well what I was getting into.”

Contrary to popular belief, appearing in SI doesn’t come with a big paycheque. “It pays as much as another magazine, but it’s later on that it pays, with all the visibility and contracts that it brings.”

Dressed simply and with almost no makeup, in person Cloutier appears light years away from the vamp to be found in fashion magazines.

“What you see in the pictures isn’t me at all in real life. I’m not a girly girl. I never wear makeup, I go out in my running shoes and I try to keep it simple,” she said.

What does her family make of all this?

“My boyfriend and my dad lost it! They’re really proud,” she said.

Cloutier has been a model since she was 15, and has modeled for the Next agency for six years. The job came naturally to her, since her father, Michel Cloutier, is a fashion photographer.

“It was very important to me to not quit school. I even turned down a contract in Morocco because I couldn’t miss my exams.”

After a term in a Quebec CEGEP, she decided to dedicate herself fully to modeling. Her arrival in New York a year ago wasn’t easy. The fashion industry is also suffering from the recession, and there are fewer contracts to be had. But with a portfolio like hers now, there’s no need to worry about Cloutier’s future.

Found this article about kim on canoe.ca

I'm soooo happy for her

SI Swimsuit Press Conference With Las Vegas Mayor Oscar B. Goodman

LAS VEGAS - FEBRUARY 12: Sports Illustrated Group President Mark Ford and Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman stand with SI swimsuit models Jessica Gomes, Kim Cloutier, Irina Shayk, Ariel Meredith, Julie Henderson, Hilary Rhoda, Cintia Dicker, Lucia Dvorska, Jarah Mariano, Esti Ginzburg, Tori Praver, Daniella Sarahyba, and Jessica White attend the SI Swimsuit Press Conference With Las Vegas Mayor Oscar B. Goodman at The Las Vegas Strip on February 12, 2009 in Las Vegas

post-18727-0-1446117891-47742_thumb.jpg post-18727-0-1446117891-53161_thumb.jpg post-18727-0-1446117891-55753_thumb.jpg post-18727-0-1446117891-59529_thumb.jpg

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Models Las Vegas Signing

LAS VEGAS - FEBRUARY 12: SI swimsuit models (L-R) Jessica Gomes, Esti Ginzburg, Kim Coutier, and Jessica White attend the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Models Las Vegas Signing at Margaritaville on February 12, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada

post-18727-0-1446117893-26716_thumb.jpg post-18727-0-1446117893-31221_thumb.jpg post-18727-0-1446117893-57443_thumb.jpg post-18727-0-1446117893-82979_thumb.jpg post-18727-0-1446117894-13975_thumb.jpg post-18727-0-1446117894-16732_thumb.jpg