Bellazon

Movie, TV & Game Soundtracks

Enrico_sw

On 1/25/2022 at 12:30 AM, Cult Icon said:

Yennefer soundtrack from Polish Witcher TV show/movie:

Oh, it's interesting. I like it, because it gives another "flavour" to Yen's character. There's something sweet in the melody and melancholic at the same time.

---

In the Witcher 3, there's a melancholic aspect too (not exactly the same, I don't know how to describe it, I guess it's more dramatic in the Polish witcher show), but there's also something proud in it (there are parts of the Kaer Mohren theme in her theme, but with bowed strings here instead of a flute, it makes it a bit sadder too I guess)

On 1/26/2022 at 6:42 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Oh, it's interesting. I like it, because it gives another "flavour" to Yen's character. There's something sweet in the melody and melancholic at the same time.

---

In the Witcher 3, there's a melancholic aspect too (not exactly the same, I don't know how to describe it, I guess it's more dramatic in the Polish witcher show), but there's also something proud in it (there are parts of the Kaer Mohren theme in her theme, but with bowed strings here instead of a flute, it makes it a bit sadder too I guess)

yeah, it's because Yennefer's character has a certain sadness undernealth (that is partially concealed) in the novels.  Her various personality traits partially mask what's undernealth.  It's a great female character and a complex one.

The W3 theme is great, one of my favorites.  I think this music highlights this complexity , and her mysteriousness.

Since you finished the game one of the themes of the novels/games is that Yennefer n

Spoiler

ever wanted to be a sorceress, being an alpha-lady in politics & plots was a role was thrust upon her.  Deep down she just wanted peace and family.  She wanted to be a mother.  And her disregard for her own safety, and her sacrifices (that prove her love of Geralt) in the novels show how important love and family is to her.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...