Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

Does someone know if Adriana have a link with the soccer player Ronaldo, cos is full name is  Ronaldo Luiz Nazario da Lima",

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know but millions of people have the name 'lima' ;)

there is a handball player from switzerland. his name is carlos lima.

i think she pronounces her own name as 'aye-dree-ahn-nah', she says it in one of the e! interviews.

Yep, and I figure that regardless of the many different ways of saying it, Adriana knows how to pronounce her name better than anyone else.

I say it the way she says it.

Yep, and I figure that regardless of the many different ways of saying it, Adriana knows how to pronounce her name better than anyone else.

I say it the way she says it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems to me that when she says "Ay-dree-ah-nah" when she's speaking English she's being courteous to us Brits and Americans (who are notorious for being bad at foreign languages). Also, there's an old, old saying (attributed to Saint Ambrose, c.340-397), which everyone who wants to live abroad has to follow: "When in Rome, do as the Romans".

It seems to me that when she says "Ay-dree-ah-nah" when she's speaking English she's being courteous to us Brits and Americans (who are notorious for being bad at foreign languages). Also, there's an old, old saying (attributed to Saint Ambrose, c.340-397), which everyone who wants to live abroad has to follow: "When in Rome, do as the Romans".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well said pyrrho :)

I think "Ay-dree-ah-nah" is much easier for Brits & Americans and it sounds nice. But in other languages it is "Ah-dree-ah-nah". I have to know that because I'm living in a very small country with 4 different languages: german, french, italian and roman ;) btw. in 2003 I was in brasil during the whole summer.

she is brazilian and in portuguese it's "Ah-dree-ah-nah", she says Ay-dree-ah-nah because for americans is easier to remember. Also Gisele in brazil they pronunce the last e, but she always says her name (when she talks in english) in the english way

well said pyrrho  :)

I think "Ay-dree-ah-nah" is much easier for Brits & Americans and it sounds nice. But in other languages it is "Ah-dree-ah-nah". I have to know that because I'm living in a very small country with 4 different languages: german, french, italian and roman  ;)  btw. in 2003 I was in brasil during the whole summer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well as an ignorant westerner i feel it's my duty to uphold tradition.

the name "linus" is pronounced "lie-nuss" here in australia and "lin-uss" in finland. my own name has a ambigious pronunciation, which is best left up to whomever is saying it. i don't think it's any different with adriana's name. pronouncing it here with an "ah" is as awkward as saying "lin-uss" here.

well as an ignorant westerner i feel it's my duty to uphold tradition.

the name "linus" is pronounced "lie-nuss" here in australia and "lin-uss" in finland. my own name has a ambigious pronunciation, which is best left up to whomever is saying it. i don't think it's any different with adriana's name. pronouncing it here with an "ah" is as awkward as saying "lin-uss" here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my name "vanessa" is in my country pronounced as "vah-nehs-sah" (sry, I don't know exactly how to write this).

but you always have to look where the name comes from. adriana is not an english name:

Adriana

(Adriane, Aria)

Latin: from the city Adria

French: Adrienne

Adriana = the dark/the black