Bellazon

Andreea Diaconu
Thumbnail

bluered

I think I like her candids more than her formal work. These fashion houses should just supply these established top models (who have good personalities) with product and set them loose on the world. 

Social media is going to dominate this industry going forward I suspect.

i-d.vice.com

More than a model: Andreea Diaconu

March, 27

We speak to Romanian model Andreea Diaconu to discover the causes close to her heart.

post-86567-0-85844700-1427536634_thumb.j

Name
Andreea Diaconu.

Where are you from?
Bucharest, Romania.

What issues are close to your heart and why?
Fighting against racism and homophobia in my own country, and building sustainable environment and economical growth in places such as Nairobi, where rape among 6-15 year olds is not uncommon.

Why did you get involved?
Because it was heart breaking. Cameron Russell linked me to Brittanie Richardson, who runs Art and Abolition and personally raises dozens of girls from the ages of 6 to 18... she's a hero. I've been linking them to people whom I think can help further as well as helping any way I can.

What can we do to help?
Donate, 10, 20, 50 dollars helps a lot! $550 pays for a whole year school tuition helping the girls not relapsing, healing and educating them into empowered women. Also get my sneakers at Twins for Peace if you're still into sneakers when they're out. All proceeds go to Arts and Abolition.

Where can we learn more?
Go to theartandabolitionmovement.org. I think the Rainforest Connection is awesome, so you should send your old smart phones to them too at rfcx.org.

What does the word activism mean to you?
I'm not an activist, but I think you can bring social change by starting a domino effect in your community if you're simply being kind and caring. Finding ways of interlinking paths that are sometimes right in front of us in order to provide help without offending cultures, people and traditions is what I'm actively interested in.

What would you stand up for?
Gender Equality. Stop the poaching for ivory... Can I stand up for that? It's somehow still happening. A lot. The situation in Syria is heart wrenching. Especially in the times were living in. It's mind boggling. It would've been shorter to ask what I wouldn't stand up for. How could we all make the world a better place? Everyone can do little things like recycling, taking shorter showers and making kids giggle.

Source: https://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/more-than-a-model-andrea-diaconu

She skipped the whole runway season last month. And not much work in print since she shot for VS SWIM :idk:

Ah ok, she has some documents problems. among others she doesn't have a visa (green card for US) anymore. That's what her agent said on instagram. Also, she usually doesn't post stuff related to jobs on instagram or twitter, so who knows, maybe she had other shoots. 

Edit: this is probably why she is in Romania for the last couple of weeks. 

DKNY

So beautiful!  :heart:

Yesterday instagram was a great source for new pictures of Andreea! 

post-2758-0-1446117999-52063_thumb.jpg

@halucinajen, @danmartensen, @paradisonyc, @therealfrankb, @chriscolls,@marianovivanco, tumblr.com

A face you'd cross a desert for...