Bellazon

Harry Potter

Guest Lullaby

Guest Lullaby

The campsite blazes. Witches and wizards in their dowdiest Muggle clothing run screaming down muddied paths, their bloomers flapping on clotheslines while their flags burn in the wind. Harry ducks and rolls in the mud, nearly trampled by the frenzied mob, and then is swallowed by the crowd. Elsewhere, a spiked cage sits in the center of a round, columned chamber choked with paperwork and the musty feel of old courtrooms. A 30-foot, horned dragon haunches in wait. The Great Hall sparkles for the Ball, the Death Eaters are prowling in dark, pointed hoods and skeletal masks, the contingents from France and Bulgaria have made stunning entrances, Rita is buzzing, hormones are swinging, and at the mouth of a towering hedge maze, a hero screams over a young man's dead body.

This is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire as imagined by Mike Newell and his crew. As the most expensive movie ever made, it seems to also be one that will turn the Potter films, once again, on their collective ear.

As has been reported, TLC and MuggleNet, along with a handful of other reports, visited the set of this monstrous film in November, and we'll be bringing you every detail on­ the sets, the actors, the tank, the props, the costumes, the machinery, the grandeur, the pageantry, the everything that is shaping Goblet up as a film with a scale that makes even its closest competition (the other Potter films) look positively trinket-sized. Expect that sometime this summer. For now, we can say that from what we saw, this isn't only going to be a big movie. It's going to be a fierce one. The much-acclaimed internal drama of Prisoner of Azkaban has been supplanted with an external grandeur that expresses itself in a blaze of spectacles and terrors with a very political edge.

Things have been cut, as we have expected them to be. Those who were angry at Cuaron for slicing from Azkaban are going to have to try and come to peace now with the fact that there are even heavier cuts here - cuts that had to be made. But after simply viewing a gallery of finished pictures – which we only wish we could have smuggled for you all – was enough to rekindle my fervor for this film, which at that time was so close to the furor over the release of Azkaban I feared I couldn’t work up the excitement.

But after a day in which we saw the Quidditch camp, the Pensieve scene room, the underwater tank, the DADA classroom ("Moodyfied"), Dumbledore's office, the Gryffindor dorm and common room (dressed this time, as opposed to last), models for to-be-built sets, a trophy room, the acres of costumes for the film, the 30-foot animatronic Horntail dragon, and more ­ after a day in which we met the blushing Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory), composed Clemence Poesy (Fleur Delacour) and deceptively mild Stanislav Ianevski (Victor Krum) ­ after a day in which it became clear that Mike Newell is a mastermind at turning a flat scene into a hilarious one ­ we left Leavesden positively bouncing in anticipation.

We have to leave you all anticipating, too. But the wait will be worth it. I said last year that the Azkaban sets were incredible - well, they are dwarfed next to Goblet's. We can't wait to tell you all about it.

FROM MUGGLENET

Guest quasicartes

I just checked on the internet. Apparently no one had noticed it.

I think I should dismiss it as a "strategically-positioned" circular clump of dust/dirt.

Pictures from the 2006 Goblet of Fire wall calendar

[ 01 ] . Harry checking out the egg in bed

[ 02 ] . Viktor Krum

[ 03 ] . Harry holding the golden egg in the Prefect's bathroom

[ 04 ] . Harry and Dark Mark ( January )

[ 05 ] . Harry and mermaids ( June )

[ 06 ] . Harry riding broom

[ 07 ] . Harry and dragon

[ 08 ] . Harry in his Yule Ball suit ( cover )

post-326-0-1446025812-37514_thumb.jpg

post-326-0-1446025812-50892_thumb.jpg post-326-0-1446025812-54389_thumb.jpg

post-326-0-1446025812-55143_thumb.jpg post-326-0-1446025812-57566_thumb.jpg

post-326-0-1446025812-58912_thumb.jpg post-326-0-1446025812-59642_thumb.jpg

post-326-0-1446025812-60927_thumb.jpg

Courtesy of Mugglenet

JK gives birth to girl

JK Rowling has given birth to a baby girl. The girl, who hasn't yet been named, was born on the evening of 23 January.

A spokesperson for JK told CBBC Newsround Online that "both parents are thrilled" about the birth. Both JK and the baby are said to be doing well.

The baby was born on Sunday night in Edinburgh's Royal Infirmary.

JK has now been discharged and is at home with her baby and the rest of her family.

-----

The author married Neil Murray on Boxing Day 2001 and this is their second child. Their first, David, will be two years old in March.

JK already has a 10 year old daughter, Jessica from a previous marriage. In the past she has said that she always wanted three children.

More information will follow on JK's official website. The next Potter book, The Half-Blood Prince is due out on 16 July 2005.

- CBBC Newsround

Guest quasicartes

I think I should dismiss it as a "strategically-positioned"  circular clump of dust/dirt.

I will post pics so that you guys can decide for yourself. :whistle:

Guest Lullaby

Scholastic, the US publisher of the Potter books, has updated their customer service page on their website to officially reflect the page numbers for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The Trade edition will contain 672 pages, as does the Library Binding version of the book.

The Special Edition of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is confirmed to have 704 pages which includes a "32 page insert with black and white art from book interior".

Guest quasicartes

I think I should dismiss it as a "strategically-positioned"  circular clump of dust/dirt.

I will post pics so that you guys can decide for yourself. :whistle:

Thought I saw a ________ . Turn out it wasn't. :rolleyes:

Guest Lullaby

In an interview with British newspaper The Express, Julie Walters (Mrs. Weasley) from the Harry Potter movies confirms that she will not be making an appearance in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Ms. Walters discusses her feelings about not being in the movie:

To be honest, I was a bit hurt not to be in it. The kids love the Harry Potter films so much and I get lots of mail about it. I can understand why they've had to pare down the film as the book is so long but I am really hoping I'll be in again for the next one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lullaby

Ace movie site Dark Horizons reports today that during CNBC News last night, "it was apparently revealed that Elizabeth Hurley has been offered a part in the fifth Harry Potter Movie 'The Order of The Phoenix' with the character described only as an 'evil witch.'

That would make her Bellatrix, or a very skinny Umbridge (we doubt it); the England-born model/actress is rumored to be considering it. If she is cast, presuming Ralph Fiennes stays on as Voldemort for OotP, it would make the Voldemort-Bellatrix evil duo (and the Lucius Malfoy-Bellatrix scenes) very attractive indeed.

Guest Lullaby

LAWYERS acting for J K Rowling are heading for a legal battle with the US army over a training manual that features characters similar to those in the Harry Potter books and films.

They are examining whether the publication, which has been distributed to soldiers at US army bases around the world, breaches copyright rules. Harry Potter’s intellectual property is owned by the author and the images are owned by the film company Warner Bros.

The magazine, The Preventive Maintenance Monthly, includes a cartoon character called Topper, a boy wizard, who attends Mogmarts school of magic. Harry Potter, Rowling’s boy wizard creation, attends the Hogwarts school of magic.

In the magazine, army officials are given a lesson from Professor Rumbledoore and his staff, a name strikingly similar to Rowling’s Professor Dumbledore. Other characters in the magazine include professors McDonagal and Snappy, and a Miss Ranger. The Harry Potter books feature professors McGonagall and Snape and Hermione Granger.

“We have shared the information about this magazine with Warner Bros and I am sure that I will speak again with them shortly,” said Neil Blair, Rowling’s lawyer.

“I do not believe that we or they were approached about this. As you would expect, both J K Rowling and Warner Bros take protection of their property rights very seriously.”

The author, who is based in Perthshire and gave birth to her third child last month, is notoriously protective of her image and has set strict embargos on all her Harry Potter books.

Warner Bros and Rowling, who is worth an estimated £450m, have previously quashed attempts to cash in on the series by authors in several countries.

In 2003 she took legal action against the New York Daily News for copyright infringement after the tabloid published excerpts of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Her legal team has also taken action against websites cashing in on the Harry Potter image and last week the author posted a warning note on her website about an e-Book scam.

She advised: “The only genuine copies of Harry Potter remain the authorised traditional book or audio tapes/cassettes/CDs distributed through my publishers. Constant Vigilance!”

The Preventive Maintenance Monthly — which carries the motto “We Have the World's Best Equipment — Take Care of It!” —celebrated its 50th anniversary this year. It has a circulaion of 100,000.

A spokesman for the American defence force said: “Each copy of our magazine is reviewed by our legal office.

“After reviewing this copy they judged that we were doing nothing wrong and that these characters were in parity use.”