Bellazon

Harry Potter

Guest Lullaby

From the "Rumors" section of jkrowling.com

'Half-Blood Prince' will have 38 chapters

Listen carefully, I shall say this only once: the only sources you should trust concerning information on the Half-Blood Prince are official spokespeople for my publishers and my official website. As a spokesperson for Bloomsbury, my UK publisher, has already said, HBP is shorter than Order of the Phoenix, and I can tell you now that it has fewer than 38 chapters.

Let's face it: it wouldn't be a new Harry Potter book if hoaxers didn't pop up regularly on the net claiming to know new characters or plot-lines, or to have found stray chapters lying around a printer's back yard. I can't waste time denying each and every lunatic rumour, because I've got editing to do! So let's agree here and now that each of these 'claims' comes with a free barrel of salt and rise together above the madness.

Considering I've never READ the fifth book all the way through... :ninja:

Atleast your not like my friend who didn't get past the 5th chapter on the 1st book 6 years ago.

Well someone told me large parts of what happened in the fifth book, so I sorta already knew what was happening. Therefore I wasn't all that entertained by it. :/

Guest Lullaby
Considering I've never READ the fifth book all the way through... :ninja:

Because you suck. :trout:

Bite meeeeeee

Actually, you-know-who told me what happened. :/ So she sucks?

Duh. Tell me something I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lullaby

Movie HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN contains four times more mistakes than any other films released in 2004, according to website MOVIEMISTAKES.COM.

Fans spotted 232 continuity errors, actor mistakes and even cameras in the $760 million (GBP400 million) third installment of the Harry Potter series.

These blunders include the moment SNAPE catches HARRY POTTER in school at night and takes him to LUPIN's office, which is bright and sunny.

Another embarrassing error occurs when Harry and HERMIONE GRANGER travel through time - she tells him it's half-past seven, but the clock strikes the bells for the hour.

I'm posting this here because there's no sense in making a thread in movies for Harry Potter too.

If the mistakes are gigantic then that sucks, but a lot of them are little tiny things, which don't bother me. :) That's crazy that there are actually 4 times more than any other movie in 2004. :o

I'm gonna go check out that site, and the next time I watch the movie, I'll be able to catch them.

Guest Lullaby

The popularity of Harry Potter has increased demand for pet owls, animal welfare experts said today.

But the birds are being put at risk when owners tire of them and release them into the wild.

The young wizard has a pet owl in the hugely popular books and films and it is thought that youngsters wanting to emulate their fictional hero are behind the craze.

The most popular would-be pets are barn owls, which are native to the UK and breed easily in captivity.

But these birds can live for up to 30 years, long after their child owners have grown up.

Now wildlife experts have issued a warning.

Gay Christie, who runs Hessilhead Wildlife Rescue Trust in Beith, Ayrshire, a charity which treats injured birds and animals for release back into the wild, said: “We have found a big increase in the want for owls, mainly barn owls, but we have also seen some eagle owls which are not from the UK.

“I think Harry Potter is something to do with it.

“They are not ideal pets – it is not much of a life for the barn owl.

“The problem is barn owls do breed very well in captivity and for £30 or £40 you can have a barn owl. They are easy to come by. It is not illegal to buy owls bred in captivity.

“A lot of these owls live for 30 years and not a lot of people know what they are doing in three years.

“I think a lot of people let them go, thinking they will have a better life in the wild, but it is illegal to release a captive-bred barn owl.

“Barn owls have often been taken away from their parents and fed by people – they are imprinted by people so their chances of hunting in the wild are very small and they often do not mix with other owls.

“Our advice is always not to get an owl as a pet. Instead an alternative is to sponsor one of our owls.”

There are four owl species native to Britain – the barn owl, tawny owl, long-eared owl and the little owl.