Bellazon

Nightmare Fuel: The Thread

Cult Icon

• 1 month later...

@Matt!  lots of screens and concept art for RE3.  Looks like you get to play as a little girl and boy too:

https://imgur.com/a/ECHENYV

The game leaked in France and some clips are on the web.  Looks pretty good.  It's not a straight remake but more like the RE2 remake of having the same elements combined with new ones and new plotlines.  Like in the OG RE3, the police station is also part of the game.

I always thought that the Mercenaries were too poorly equipped to be sent into a zombie infested area. eg. lack of body armor, lack of firepower, vehicles, etc.

11 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

The game leaked in France and some clips are on the web.  Looks pretty good.  It's not a straight remake but more like the RE2 remake of having the same elements combined with new ones and new plotlines.  Like in the OG RE3, the police station is also part of the game.

Wow, Camcom ain't gonna be happy about that. The game looks really good, can't remember those kids from original version..some new plotline like you mentioned? 

Nemesis with a flamethrower looks badass :ninja::ninja:

2 hours ago, Matt! said:

Wow, Camcom ain't gonna be happy about that. The game looks really good, can't remember those kids from original version..some new plotline like you mentioned? 

Nemesis with a flamethrower looks badass :ninja::ninja:

I skimmed through the leak (whole game ) last night.. before it was removed.  The pictures of the kids probably show a different game mode or side story.  The actual game resembles to what I remember from RE3.  Streets, hospital, clocktower, police station, etc. with repeated encounters with a mutating Nemesis.  It is a short game- the twitch streamer rushed through the whole thing in 6 hours.  the production values are similar to Re2 remake.

Carlos of course is also playable and he is probably the strongest RE:remake character (with his M-4 and 300 rounds) and his ability to sucker punch the zombies.

According to the devs, they changed Nemesis' outfit into a body bag.  And they intentionally made Jill more "realistic"- as in less sexualized.

I think the new jill is hotter than the new claire though :D

I always thought that the Mercenaries made more sense if they were equipped like this- like SAS commandos or US Rangers.  Gas mask, armored suit (padded to prevent penetration from bites), HE/concussion grenades, grenade launcher, and M-249 light machinegun.  A Uzi- type submachinegun as sidearm, like a P90 :

The mercenaries in the game are wearing short sleeve shirts and have only carbines.  Nikolai has nothing but a pistol!

sas_suit_by_kwibl_d4ij1qb-fullview.jpg?tPEO_M249_Para_ACOG.jpg

3 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

motion capture model for Jill:

Love the "new" Jill. 

I think the new jill is hotter than the new claire though :D

My thoughts exactly :laugh:

It is a short game- the twitch streamer rushed through the whole thing in 6 hours.

6 hour game is really short. They can probably speedrun it in less than 2-3 hours.. hopefully Capcom will provide some additional content. 

Is this scene from the game too?

u1FPJva.jpg

The COVID situation in NYC is basically nightmare fuel right now- hundreds of deaths, the next report will certainly breach 20,000 infected in the city alone.  Convention centers are now being converted into makeshift hospitals.  New Jersey, where I live, has now 7,000 infected.  I think my county has at least 2-3,000 infected, and the numbers should grow for the next couple of weeks before they fall.

2 hours ago, Matt! said:

Love the "new" Jill. 

My thoughts exactly :laugh:

6 hour game is really short. They can probably speedrun it in less than 2-3 hours.. hopefully Capcom will provide some additional content. 

Is this scene from the game too?

u1FPJva.jpg

I didn't see a museum when I skimmed through it.  Some of the stores in the streets can be entered as they have yellow locks on them.

do you like Julia Roth, the old Jill?

In my mind's eye, a realistic Jill or Claire would be a tall, very athletic Olympian type.