Bellazon

Sergio Ramos
Thumbnail

Tali

Thanks LuNo :hug:

Ramos In Trouble For Ref Abuse

The referee who oversaw the fiery encounter between Recreativo Huelva and Real Madrid has revealed that Sergio Ramos hurled abuse at him during the game.

Los Merengues won the close fought tie 3-2 thanks a goal from Raul and a brace by Robinho but Ramos was sent off for picking up two yellow cards.

Ramos was obviously upset when the ref reached his pocket and he took out his frustration on the official.

“On 55 minutes I sent off Sergio Ramos and he said to me: ‘You are sh**, you are sh**, they are sh**’ and he had to be restrained by his team mates,” said the referee, Eduardo Martin Iturralde, after the game.

While television cameras did not catch the words, they did catch Fabio Cannavaro restraining the former Sevilla man and angrily telling him to quiet down.

Ramos is likely to face even further disciplinary action when the referee submits his report to the Spanish football authorities. A minimum three match ban, if not five, is expected.

Real Madrid are now five points clear of their bitter rivals after the Blaugrana lost away to Atletico, but are still short of personnel. Ramos, who has been the most capped outfield player, will be sorely missed.

Their next four games are against Espanyol, Deportivo, Valencia and Sevilla.

----

wow :blink:

Sergio Ramos: I Want To Be The Next Maldini

While visiting inmates at the Alcala-Meco prison in Madrid, Sergio Ramos offered his thoughts on the Real Madrid side of past and present, as well as his own aims as a player...

The Real Madrid defender declared to Marca that he was "proud" to be comapred to Maldini.

"I feel encouraged to work hard every day even to be considered a little bit like him," he said to the assembled prisoners.

"My contract? I'm very happy at Madrid. I have six years left and I have no intention of leaving."

When asked about his potential signing for AC Milan, he stated that he'd "heard nothing" about it, but gave more concrete information over a possible return to Sevilla.

"One always thinks of going home, but Madrid have given me everything," he said.

Teammates

In praise of current captain Raul, he said, "He has for many years been one of the best in the world.

"David Beckham? He was number one at hitting the ball, and a great friend, too. Roberto Carlos is great as a footballer and a person."

Inevitably, talk turned towards the Liga title.

"It's a mistake to think that we're already champions when there are so many matches left," he warned.

"Getafe? It's great to see that not only the big clubs do well in Europe."

Inmates

And then came the really important stuff.

Being quizzed on his appearance, he staked something of a wager with one of the inmates.

"If things go well, after Euro 2008, I'll cut my hair," He said.

And, in words of encouragement, he concluded, "With great effort and sacrifice, we must all try to achieve our dreams."