Bellazon

Sergio Ramos
Thumbnail

Tali

Sergio Ramos: "I always give 100%"

Sergio Ramos is riding a real high with things going so well with both Real Madrid and the Spanish national team.

Guti

"We all know how great a player he is and what he means to Real Madrid. He's a role model. I don't want to forget about anyone because this squad is full of important players and we all try to get along as best we can. In terms of experience and track records, I would have to point out Raúl, Míchel, Iker, and Guti, who have been playing at an elite level for many years."

Spanish national team

"The team's morale has skyrocketed and fans have recovered that excitement lost when we were eliminated from the World Cup. They've given us tons of support everywhere we have played in qualifying for the Euro. I hope we win the title. It would be a tribute to an entire country. Many thought we wouldn't qualify when we were losing, but we're the favourites now that we have. That's how I think we have to look at it. We have to take one match at a time and try to grow as a unit just like other teams have done."

Antonio Puerta

"Days and months go by and it still seems like yesterday. It was very difficult for me to accept because he was a good friend. His death should serve as a lesson so that it doesn't happen again, and more extreme measures should be taken in the future to avoid such accidents."

Ramos: I Am Happy At Real

Sergio Ramos has declared that he is happy at Real Madrid and has revealed his ambition to win the Champions League with the club.

The 21-year-old joined Real from Sevilla in 2005 and after a rocky start, has since established himself into one of the best young defenders in Europe.

This has led to interest from a number of big clubs, with European Champions AC Milan said to be lining up a multi-million pound bid.

“The interest of other clubs in me is a good sign because it means that things are going well,” Ramos told Marca.

“However I still have a very long contract here and while I am happy and my people are happy then I will always defend this shirt.”

Ramos won La Liga last season, following a tense tussle with Barcelona and Sevilla, and he hopes that it is the first of much silverware.

“I have a hunger to win lots of titles and have a special desire to obtain and to feel what it is like to lift the Champions League and the Copa del Rey,” concluded the Spain international.

1- MURCIA: Notario; De Coz, Ochoa, Arzo, Peña; De Lucas, Movilla, Abel (Bruno, 90’), Richi; Baiano (Goitom, 73’) e Iñigo (Alonso, 80’).

1- REAL MADRID: Casillas; Ramos, Cannavaro, Pepe, Marcelo; Guti, Gago, Diarra, Robinho (Robben, 75’); Raúl (Higuaín, 75’) and Van Nistelrooy.

GOALS:

0-1, min.6: Robinho header.

1-1, min.48: De Lucas header.

REFEREE: Daudén Ibáñez. Booked De Lucas (28’), Baiano (33’), Pepe (51’), Movilla (69’), Van Nistelrooy (82’) and Abel (85’). Sent off Guti (82’).

NOTES: Matchday 13 of the Spanish League played at the Nueva Condomina. Attendance: 32,000.