Bellazon

Sergio Ramos
Thumbnail

Tali

Milan Want Sergio Ramos

Spanish sports daily Marca contends that AC Milan are interested in securing the services of Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos...

According to Marca, Sergio Ramos could be Silvio Berlusconi's latest acquisition as AC Milan president.

The newspaper reports that Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has specifically requested Ramos' services, with the rossoneri hierarchy now seriously plotting a move.

Ramos, 21, arrived at the Bernabeu in 2005 from Sevilla for 27 million euros and has since established himself as perhaps the most consistent defender at the capital club.

Able to play either on the right or in the centre, Ramos is known not only for his skill but also his stamina; while other players succumbed to rotation earlier in the season, he frequently played both weekend and weekday matches every seven days until picking up a minor injury.

With Milan having an aging squad, and also a struggling side at present, Ramos would most certainly prove a young, able addition to their pool.

However, Ramos is hot property, and always has been. Indeed, back in 2005 Milan were among those competing for his signature, and as such his stock is rising.

Consequently, Madrid have tied the player down with a 150 million euro release clause, not to mention a contract that runs until 2013.

As such, Marca believes that a straight cash bid is out of the question. Instead, only a part-exchange negotiation would do. What's more, they ask whether or not Kaka could prove to be the essential bargaining chip.

Ramos Will Be Here For Ten Years - Casillas

Iker Casillas has stated that Sergio Ramos will stay at Real Madrid after reports suggested that AC Milan had targetted the influential defender.

The Spanish international keeper believes that his team-mate loves playing for Los Merengues and can see him playing for the club for the next ten years.

Ramos is said to have attracted the attention of Milan, but the €150m buy-out clause in his contract may yet see any deal just become another rumour that comes and goes.

"Sergio is really in touch with Madrid and is very comfortable at this club," Casillas told Radio Marca.

"Sergio is a truly great player and he shows that every season.

"He is a great person and a great team-mate and I am happy he is doing so well."

Former Madrid sporting director, Arrigo Sacchi, stated that he believes Ramos could become the new Paolo Maldini, but Casillas disagrees.

"They are different types of player," he continued.

"But it is obvious that Sergio is going to give the fans plenty to shout about and is going to be a regular for Madrid and the Spanish national team for the next decade."

Sergio Ramos: I'm Happy At Real Madrid

Good, if predictable news for Real Madrid fans: Sergio Ramos is happy at the Bernabeu and has no intention of going anywhere for the time being...

Sergio Ramos spoke to Radio Marca about the fanciful rumours linking him with a move to AC Milan.

The Real Madrid stopper said, "It would be tough for me to go to Milan because the important thing is to be happy and successful in one place.

"I'm in Madrid. I'm flattered by the interest, but I belong to Madrid and I am happy here."

However, he did thank the rossoneri for their alleged interest, praising the "significance of the club" in footballing terms.

Sergio admitted that he was angling for a salary increase at the Bernabeu, but both he and his brother-turned-agent Rene Ramos insisted that he would be staying.

Moving on to discuss his own stature as a player, the youngster thanked Arrigo Sacchi for his kind words regarding Ramos' likeness to Paolo Maldini.

However, Sergio added, "I've done little yet to reach the height of a defender such as Maldini."

Sergio, who picked up a red card in a bad-tempered match against former club Sevilla last week, feels that someone high up in the Nervion outfit was guilty of foul play.

As Ramos suffered a torrent of abuse, he blamed one man in particular, grumbling, "[it was] a senior management of Sevilla, whose name I will not give because they know it all."

Arrigo Sacchi: Sergio Ramos Can Be As Good As Maldini

Former AC Milan and Italy boss Arrigo Sacchi believes that Sergio Ramos has what it takse to match Paolo Maldini one day...

Legendary Italian defender Paolo Maldini may have an understudy in the form of Sergio Ramos, according to Maldini's former coach Arrigo Sacchi.

While the Real Madrid youngster is seen of more of a right-back, Maldini being a central or left-sided player, the experienced manager sees many similarities between the two.

"He has everything needed to have as fantastic a career as Maldini," he enthused to Radio Marca.

"He reminds me a lot of him. He has it all: talent, strength, vitality... He will be one of the best in the world if he can show humility and modesty."

Sacchi went on to explain that a will to succeed was just as important.

"Maldini always tried to be the best, and that was his virtue. Now, God has given Sergio some fantastic talents, too."

With Ramos linked by Marca with a move to the San Siro, Sacchi's comments perhaps took on a new air of significance. However, for now such rumours remain the product of the Spanish press only and have yet to show any basis in fact.

Sacchi, 61, won the European Cup (now Champions League) with Milan in 1989 and 1990, and also coached the Italian national team to the runners-up spot at the 1994 World Cup.

More recently, he served as director of football at Real Madrid until 2005.