Bellazon

Brigitte Bardot
Thumbnail

saritaa

Hi HathalĂ­!

Thanks for the pics, but those are the pics I took mine from! It's funny. And you're right. Please, NO MORE OF THE "THE NEW BRIGITTE BARDOT" anymore!!! Of course it's flattering if they find inspiration in BB, but women should launch a new look for us to follow. And if they want to look like her, they should start by being natural beauties. That's it. They don't seem to realize that plastic surgery is ALWAYS noticeable and, most of the times, laughable. Oh! If Jay-Z was talking to Beyoncé in that stupid lyric in which he compares her to BB, I presume that he was indeed into drugs at the moment he wrote it.

Exactly!

gorgeous.... how sad to see how her beauty faded away and how she looks now. getting old is such a bad thing! :-(

Oh, yes. it's sad when great beauties fade before our eyes. But you know, I believe BB was VERY intelligent in retiring at the right time. She just closed a chapter in her life and went to a different path, a more rewarding one, both for her and the world. She lived always according to her age of the moment, never attempting to recapture her old looks.

post-29585-1257979056_thumb.jpg

Her beauty didn't "fade", it's just a different type of beauty. Sadly our society doesn't appreciate older and more mature beauty. She's doing what she loves, helping animals- thats all that seems to matter to her now. I think that's great and nothing to be sad about. She's still alive! :)

Aging gracefully is, I am convinced, the ultimate chic. BB did age with dignity but I guess she gets more scrutinized for being a former sex-symbol.

post-29585-1258046247_thumb.jpg

post-29585-1258046283_thumb.jpg

post-29585-1258046347_thumb.jpg

post-29585-1258046384_thumb.jpg

Her beauty didn't "fade", it's just a different type of beauty. Sadly our society doesn't appreciate older and more mature beauty. She's doing what she loves, helping animals- thats all that seems to matter to her now. I think that's great and nothing to be sad about. She's still alive! :)

Aging gracefully is, I am convinced, the ultimate chic. BB did age with dignity but I guess she gets more scrutinized for being a former sex-symbol.

Yes, but also because she didn't have any plastic surgery; she accepted her age, unlike Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch, and later Cher, Priscilla Presley and many others... Some people can't handle naturally aged women, they admire plastic faces instead. BB can afford best plastic surgery, but obviously she has better things to do. I like that about her alot!

Yes, but also because she didn't have any plastic surgery; she accepted her age, unlike Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch, and later Cher, Priscilla Presley and many others... Some people can't handle naturally aged women, they admire plastic faces instead. BB can afford best plastic surgery, but obviously she has better things to do. I like that about her alot!

You are absolutely right. Plastic surgery is TACKY, and people don't get that.

post-29585-1258052505_thumb.jpg

i agree with vanina when she says brigitte was more scrutinized not just for beying a sex symbol in the past famous in the whole world,which makes it bigger,but i think when someone is really beautiful,specially women,people want this person to be beautiful the entire life.if brigitte was ugly as younger,people would probably say:well she was ugly,now she`s more because she`s old.and that`s all.

but just because she was so beautiful peoplein general tend to find such a pitty she`s old now.

i saw some comments the other day,when they post her young photos besides to her current photos(which really annoys me)and almost everybody says:oh,i can`t beliebve that`s the same person who did and god created woman.or once,in some forum,a member complained about posting pictures of bb aged.excuse me?these guys thought she woul,or should,remain in the same age,after all these years?nobody has done it till now.i admit,i used to think the same as them.just a long while after that i realized how stupid i was.that`s in general culture,not accept aging.but now,and here i agree with child,i really can find her beauty nowadays.i never heard exactly what she said about muslins,and if she had prejudice,i probably don`t agree with her but i really love how she dosn`t try to hide her age.and i can find the young brigitte in her when seeing the interviews,some old women don`t like to have long hair but she keeps her amazing long hair and i see she still has that energy.and she said she was really unhappy in the past,didn`t she.now s`he is matter and that`s what matters anyway.

ps:have you noticed ,that now it is looking more like a forum.as we are relly having a conversation instead of only posting photos? :laugh: not that i`m complanning about the amazing photos.i just find i funny.

i agree with vanina when she says brigitte was more scrutinized not just for beying a sex symbol in the past famous in the whole world,which makes it bigger,but i think when someone is really beautiful,specially women,people want this person to be beautiful the entire life.if brigitte was ugly as younger,people would probably say:well she was ugly,now she`s more because she`s old.and that`s all.

but just because she was so beautiful peoplein general tend to find such a pitty she`s old now.

i saw some comments the other day,when they post her young photos besides to her current photos(which really annoys me)and almost everybody says:oh,i can`t beliebve that`s the same person who did and god created woman.or once,in some forum,a member complained about posting pictures of bb aged.excuse me?these guys thought she woul,or should,remain in the same age,after all these years?nobody has done it till now.i admit,i used to think the same as them.just a long while after that i realized how stupid i was.that`s in general culture,not accept aging.but now,and here i agree with child,i really can find her beauty nowadays.i never heard exactly what she said about muslins,and if she had prejudice,i probably don`t agree with her but i really love how she dosn`t try to hide her age.and i can find the young brigitte in her when seeing the interviews,some old women don`t like to have long hair but she keeps her amazing long hair and i see she still has that energy.and she said she was really unhappy in the past,didn`t she.now s`he is matter and that`s what matters anyway.

ps:have you noticed ,that now it is looking more like a forum.as we are relly having a conversation instead of only posting photos? :laugh: not that i`m complanning about the amazing photos.i just find i funny.

Im not complaining either- love talking about BB. :) Too bad my friends dont really care about older fashion icons, only new celebs (i find most of them too boring and artificial) I hate that too, Nathali, when they compare old and new BB pictures!! grr She got older, so what? Would it be better if she died young? Some ppl are so thoughtless! I dont exactly know what she said about muslims, maybe she hates some religious practices which include killing of animals? Those are horrible no matter what religion. :(

i think BB is still great...of coruse she isn't beautiful like when she wa syoung but for her age she is still charming.....when I see sophia loren or ursula andress who did plastic surgery sorry but I don't find them more attrative....they just wear more beautiful Dior dress or fur than Brigitte...but if we talk about beauty a gorgeous old woman don't exist....but the fact BB never did plastic surgery she can still msile coz no botox, so she has still her charms even if plastic beauty is gone...

i think the most stupid thing is to compare a young pic to an old pic of a celebrity and i really can't put any word to debate on this because it's too meaningless. I always think that BB ages very naturally and now i'm so happy to hear that she's never done any surgery, appreciate that much :D Most of celebrity (maybe not only celebrity) can't stand that their young age's over and it's just like a horrible thing to them to see the age's coming (do you? especially if you are beautiful and your ears are full of praises everyday) because i think their beauty brings them a lot of thing in their life: success and money, joys and loves, fame and proudness... I do understand why they do surgery but i've never appreciate artificial beauty.