Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Group wants model Refaeli to serve Israel

Published: May 6, 2008 at 9:52 PM

JERUSALEM, May 6 (UPI) -- A group promoting military or public service by all Israelis wants the Fox fashion chain to demand its spokeswoman, Bar Refaeli, join up.

Ynetnews.com said Israeli Forum for the Promotion of Equal Share in the Burden is urging Fox to incorporate joining the army or volunteering in Israel's National Service into the 23-year-old supermodel's contract.

Fox last week announced Refaeli -- who is Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio's girlfriend -- would star in the company's campaign for the next three years and would earn about $300,000 a year.

However, Ynetnews.com said critics of the model's decision not to serve in the Israeli military are threatening to boycott Fox if it doesn't drop her or pressure her to join the army or volunteer in the National Service.

"We are not trying to make her life miserable," Reuven Agassi, a member of the forum, told Ynetnews.com. "But celebrities are the country's store-front window and when they express negativity towards enlisting in the army, it has its effect. I lecture at schools and students say, 'Look at that singer or model who didn't enlist and still succeeded.' Our appeal to Fox says that we can't provide economic benefits to people who have not served our country."

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Entertainment...ve_israel/7657/

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3540109,00.html

| Wed., May 07, 2008 Iyyar 2, 5768

Bar Rafaeli, Fox fashion chain join war on draft dodgers

By Adi Dovrat

The fashion label Fox announced yesterday it would be collaborating with the Israeli Forum for the Promotion of Equal Share in the Burden, an anti-draft-dodging group. Fox made the announcement after meeting with representatives of the group, which threatened to lead a consumer boycott of the company because it employs models Bar Rafaeli and Michael Lewis, who did not serve in the army.

Rafaeli also announced she would be collaborating with the forum.

"We welcome the move of Bar Rafaeli and Fox following the meeting with the association. The business sector also understands that it simply does not pay to dodge the draft," the forum's strategic consultant, Itai Ben-Horin told Haaretz.

Fox told the press yesterday that it encourages enlistment into the Israel Defense Forces and opposes draft-dodging.

All its directors and owners had served, Fox also said. Bar Rafaeli said, "Following the meeting I suggested that from now I will collaborate with the forum on all my visits to Israel."

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/981380.html

:blink:

I'm confused! According to the gossip sites the recent photos were shot in Los Angeles outside the Villa nightclub. At first I thought that Bar was still in Israel because she's wearing the same clothes in earlier pictures from an Israeli function. Maybe Bar flew to Los Angeles right after the function and didn't change clothes and went straight to Villa? It's also interesting that would be Bar be in Los Angeles when Leo is on the East Coast filming a movie. Maybe Leo's in town but I doubt it, unless he'll join Bar later in the week. So many questions and my inquring mind wants to know the answers!

It's nice that Bar spent more time in Israel with her family and friends than the last time she visited. It definately helps that her family travels with her and visits her in the U.S. regularly just like they did during Passover. It's obvious that Bar "officially" lives with Leo and has been since late last year. Bar has hinted at it but has never confirmed it. Bar's mother denied that Bar had moved to the United States in an interview with an Israeli newspaper. She probably lied because of all the bad press Bar has recieved in the Israeli media. The whole thing is sad and it seems to be getting worse. I think that there might be a conspiracy in Israel against Bar to portray her in the worst light possible.

Thanks Lye, Solange_09 for posting photos and articles. Nothing gets by you girls! :wave: