Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Sports Illustrated Raises the Bar, Refaeli-Style

Today 6:59 PM PST by Natalie Finn

Leonardo DiCaprio's rallying cry seems to have been heard.

The actor's off-again, on-again main squeeze, Bar Refaeli, is next month's Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue cover girl, according to a big ol' billboard in Manhattan.

The 23-year-old Israeli model broke out of the pack after languishing on the inside of the magazine's most buzzed-about installment for the past two years.

SI's cover, featuring Refaeli and her tan lines in a multicolored string bikini next to the tease line "Bikinis or nothing," was first unveiled during tonight's episode of the Late Show With David Letterman, which tapes at the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York, right across the street from the revealing billboard.

And in related news, authorities are responding to reports of a six-car collision across the street from the Ed Sullivan Theater.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b99288_spo...raises_bar.html

For cover girl Bar Refaeli, life is about to change

SI.com's Arash Markazi is spending the week reporting on this year's Sports Illustrated swimsuit launch. The issue hits newsstands on Feb. 10.

NEW YORK – The only secret more guarded at Sports Illustrated than the identity of the annual swimsuit cover model is how that secret is finally revealed to the cover model. Most models think they will be told a week or so in advance in order to prepare them for the upcoming media blitz and travel demands that come with being that year's cover girl. The truth is the model isn't told until a few hours before the cover is revealed.

When Bar Refaeli walked into her modeling agency, located in a quaint office on the second floor of a nondescript building in New York, on Monday afternoon she thought she was there for an audition and fitting for an upcoming MTV show. It was a meeting she was hoping to postpone because she was still upset about not getting the cover, figuring like most, if it was going to happen she would have known by now.

As soon as she opened the door of her agent's office, however, she was greeted with a blown-up picture of this year's cover sitting on a chair and Sports Illustrated swimsuit editor Diane Smith, who handed a speechless Refaeli a bouquet of flowers.

"Oh my god," said Refaeli, welling up with tears after seeing herself on the cover. "Wow, wow…wow."

"Isn't it gorgeous?" asked Smith. "Aren't you gorgeous?"

Refaeli was then congratulated by her agent, Scott Lipps, and everyone else at her agency, One Management, who had done their best to contain their excitement before finally letting go as if they were at a surprise party. As she received one congratulatory hug after another, she exclaimed, "I feel like I'm getting married."

While she might not be getting married, Refaeli knows that she will be fielding countless questions about her significant other, Leonardo DiCaprio, in the upcoming days as she embarks on an exhaustive media tour. That doesn't necessarily mean she will answer any of those questions. As tightly as the secret of the cover model is kept, Refaeli seems just as adamant about keeping her relationship with the actor private. That much was evident as she deflected questions about DiCaprio with the same skill as a politician while talking to Entertainment Tonight and other outlets just minutes after being shown the cover.

"I've been getting those questions for years," she said. "I always answer them the same way. I don't talk about my private life."

Her life, however, changed forever at 5:16 pm EST, about five hours after she was first shown the issue, when a 20-foot billboard of this year's cover was unveiled on the corner of 53rd and Broadway, across the street from the Ed Sullivan Theatre where the Late Show with David Letterman was being taped. Letterman later officially revealed the cover on his show about six hours later Monday night with Refaeli set to appear as a guest on the show Tuesday.

"What? I'm going to be on Letterman? Wow!" Refaeli said when being briefed on her upcoming schedule. "I can't believe this. It's been my dream to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated since I was 15 and I finally got it. I still can't believe it."

As Refaeli was being toasted with glasses of champagne in her agent's office, Smith gave her one last piece of advice about the life-changing journey she was about to embark on before she left.

"Get ready Bar," she said. "It's going to be a whirlwind week."

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_...nge?eref=fromSI

oh, wow, Bar really didn't know until today!

Bar will be on Letterman on WEDNESDAY, not tomorrow. Hopefully she will be on ET and E and Access Hollywood tomorrow.

LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN, CBS

Mo 2/9: Naomi Watts, Danny McBride, 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover reveal

Tu 2/10: The crew of US Airways "Miracle On The Hudson" Flight 1549, Heartless Bastards

We 2/11: Joaquin Phoenix, 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover model Bar Refaeli, Anthony Hamilton

Th 2/12: Chris Russo

Fr 2/13: Martha Stewart, Jake Johannsen, Matt Nathanson

Mo 2/16: The winner of the Daytona 500, Willie Nelson with Asleep at the Wheel

Tu 2/17: Bonnie Hunt, M. Ward

We 2/18: Donald Trump, Antony and the Johnsons

Th 2/19: David Spade, David Sanborn with Sam Moore

Fr 2/20: Barbara Walters

th_22957426261050.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-1364-0-1593838172-96135_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="09_bar-refaeli_18.jpg"> th_6177f526261053.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-1364-0-1593838173-4613_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="09_bar-refaeli_21.jpg"> 09_bar-refaeli_22.jpg 09_bar-refaeli_23.jpg 09_bar-refaeli_24.jpg 09_bar-refaeli_25.jpg th_2847bc26261062.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-1364-0-1593838173-97547_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="09_bar-refaeli_29.jpg"> 09_bar-refaeli_30.jpg

Behind the scenes

09_bar-refaeli_behind_01.jpg 09_bar-refaeli_behind_02.jpg th_d0afb126261290.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-1364-0-1593838175-88066_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="09_bar-refaeli_behind_04.jpg"> 09_bar-refaeli_behind_05.jpg th_96e3b126261294.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-1364-0-1593838176-03432_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="09_bar-refaeli_behind_07.jpg"> 09_bar-refaeli_behind_08.jpg th_3373ae26261299.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-1364-0-1593838176-1184_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="09_bar-refaeli_behind_12.jpg"> th_ce7c8c26261303.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-1364-0-1593838176-18726_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="09_bar-refaeli_behind_14.jpg">