Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Hey, the woman doesn't say when the sighting took place so she could have been talking about the day those pics we saw of them in a mall came out recently . Leo signs autographs for normal nice people when he's out in public,most likely he would for 10 year girls if they asked nicely I've seen photos of him even posing with a family who just walked up to him and asked. He doesn't sign for professional autograph seekers, the ones who stand outside clubs or restaurants and then sell the autographs.Plus, I think the sighting is true cause there's no reason why this woman would make such a thing up - I read her other stuff and she 's not a Leo or Bar fan or anything or even a celebrity seeker..it seems random she would make something up like that to write up about along with the other stuff she writes.

weeeell, the Leo thing makes no difference in the SI cover thing. A lot of people say no comment when asked about their personal life so it shouldnt be a strike against her. I don't remember Giz talking about Leo when she appeared on Leno - though of course I didn't see her everytime. People already know he and Bar are a couple for a long time.In fact, it's good she say no comment because otherwise people will knock her for "using" Leo. If she started talking about Leo, I'm sure Leo wont be happy about it either. Im sure he probably asks every g/f not to talk to the press or media about it.

weell, we all kn ow what SHOULD be about nationality and where you come from not making any difference but in reality those things do matter to people who run businesses and make decisions and its all about $$$ and if they think some segment will be offended by an Israeli model on the cover, then it might make a difference. It wouldn't bother me if Marisa or Beatriz or Selena make the cover but NO to Brooklyn decker - she has gorgeous body but her face looks like a guys...seriously.

:wave:

Thanks Solange, palmtreechick and shellars for all the Bar links! I'm also not sure of the Bar and Leo sighting. At first I thought it was the same mall from the earlier sighting but that was the Beverly Center and this was the Century City Mall, so who knows? I don't know much about Leo so thanks for the info, Solange. My friend, the Leo fan, told me that he didn't like to be bugged while out in public so that's why I didn't believe that he would give autographs. I have to call my friend out about that because she's wrong. I guess she doesn't really know Leo that well. LOL!

I want to make it clear that I don't believe that Leo or Bar's criticism of Israel will have any effect on the whether she gets the SI cover or not. I was just repeating what my friend's opinions were. I only brought up a few issues that Bar might have if she's chosen as the SI cover girl. Bar definately has the right not to talk about her personal life. And as you pointed out, Solange, Bar will be criticized whether she talks about Leo or not.

Unfortunately Bar will be asked continously about Leo in the media if she makes the cover. David Letterman is the worst because he likes to bully his guests especially if he's not familiar with them. I'm not suggesting that Bar has to say anything about Leo but saying "no comment" won't help. Bar is a charming girl so I know she'll do well but she has to be prepared. I just hope SI doesn't pressure Bar to be more open about her private life. A few weeks ago I read in a website, don't remember which one, that SI really liked the model Selena because she's very open about her personal life. I didn't like to read that.

I absolutely disagree with my friend that Bar's comments about Israel would count against her. It's old news and SI wouldn't care. Bar has many fans in Israel even though the media like to attack her. I can see why the comments upset a lot of people but Bar did say that they were taken out of context. Ynet made it seemed that Bar was against Israel and it's citizens which was really unfair to her. It's sad when the media destroysthe reputation of someone without caring about the damage they cause. I don't know if Bar ever clarified her comments but it seems like most of the Israeli press are friendly toward her again, or at least when they want an interview. Has the lawsuit that Bar brought against Ynet been settled? It would seem so because Bar has given them several interviews since then. Does anyone know?

The only people that would be offended that Bar's from Israel are anti-semites and radical Muslims. Most Americans, the majority of SI readers, are pro-Israel so that wouldn't be an issue here in America. The people who hate Israel wouldn't buy the swimsuit issue anyway. If anyone disagress with me please let me know. Were all friendly here, the trolls seem to have gone away. It would be interesting to hear what you all think. (Y) (N)

Thanks for the new Bar and Leo sighting, rainyday and Lye! They do things like all normal couples do... So Bar did not leave LA for a long period.

rainyday, since you ask for our opinion regarding Bar and the SI issue, I have to totally agree with you. Not only SI has nothing "political" against Israel, but they traveled to this country to do fabulous photoshoots for 4 models who appeared in the 2008 Swimsuit Issue. The pictures were awesome and the team was wonderfully welcomed over there. Besides I am more than certain that Israel has many male subscribers. ;)

You can see the full magazine staff listed here.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/about_us/.../mag_staff.html

If Bar doesn't grace the 2009 issue, it will certainly not be because of her home country but rather because another model's publicist or agent promoted his(her) client more aggressively.

I still can not wait to see her pictures for the 2009 magazine. Just being chosen to appear in this prestigious publication along with the sexiest and most beautiful models on the planet goes to show how Bar is a stunning beauty with a perfect feminine figure and gorgeous face combined with a lovely personality. :)

I totally agree with rainy and Kerri about the issues with Bar. Those things won't make a bit of difference. Bar is an amazing model and if she gets the cover, she deserves it. She does so many different types of work plus you can just see her personality shine through. But, if she doesn't, it won't be because of her being from Israel. Otherwise, SI wouldn't have gone there in the first place to shoot! SI is a savvy organization. They know what they are doing.

We'll know on Monday! :ddr: :ddr:

Thanks LYE - so it seems that sighting by that woman posted by rainyday was accurate.It's not takn on the same day as the other mall pic cause the clothes are different.

Okay, well, I think being inside the mag is a lot different than being on the cover - and believe it or not, there is a lot of anti - israeli and anti-semitism (although I don't think Bar is a practicing Jew) around the world and SI might be sensitive to putting Bar on the cover because of that - I hope not.Plus, she is not liked by even people in Israel (not all, but quite a few) because of the army thing, and I'm only judging that by comments I read in sites from Israel. It seems a lot of people in Israel are now behind Esti Ginzberg, another Iraeli model who will be in this issue of SI, cause she is going to serve in the army - she's only like 18 or something. I guess that means she'll be a lot more popular than Bar in Israel - she is also gorgeous though (Esti). Does anyone know if Bar is going to work for IRIT again this year - I heard rumors they were dropping her because of controversy about her in Israel. I hope I am WRONG about SI and Bar is on the cover this year - she deserves it! Rainyday, when people appear on talk shows, things the guest wants to talk about is agreed on before the interview and what they will or will not talk about. It's like when Leo appeared on Leno, Jay Leno NEVER brought up questions about his g/f's and that was agreed to before he would appear. SI won't push Bar to talk about Leo - people already realize she and Leo are a couple, it doesn't need to be publicized by Bar talking about him. Marisa Miller doesn't date anybody famous as far as I know and she was picked as cover girl so that blows that theory about a model's private life being important in their decision.

Thanks for the Ebay's newspapers clipping, solange! I wish we could understand what it says....

New pictures of Bar. It's mentioned that these were taken over the weekend, but since we know she was in LA on Friday, I wonder if these were actually taken during the past week...? What do you think?

http://x17online.com/celebrities/bar_rafae...ch-02082009.php

These photos were surely for her Garnier's haircolor new ads. She looks very nice and cool with this funny hairdo! But what I love so much about Bar is that she always is smiling when she poses! It gives us the feeling that she loves to do her work.

Just some Bar pics I've never seen :) And the shirt type things are ones she designed, or at least one of them is, I'm not sure, just found it on facebook.

th_233c8426111042.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-7711-0-1593838168-93627_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="n1256402064_30179917_5970.jpg"> n1256402064_30196692_1867.jpg n1256402064_30196762_8450.jpg n1256402064_30223059_8125.jpg th_6f826526111062.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-7711-0-1593838169-18143_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="n1256402064_30287732_2499.jpg"> th_364f7926111068.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-7711-0-1593838169-26314_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="n1256402064_30287741_9610.jpg"> th_28b99d26111072.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-7711-0-1593838169-37308_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="n1256402064_30287821_417.jpg">

Thanks for the Ebay's newspapers clipping, solange! I wish we could understand what it says....

New pictures of Bar. It's mentioned that these were taken over the weekend, but since we know she was in LA on Friday, I wonder if these were actually taken during the past week...? What do you think?

http://x17online.com/celebrities/bar_rafae...ch-02082009.php

These photos were surely for her Garnier's haircolor new ads. She looks very nice and cool with this funny hairdo! But what I love so much about Bar is that she always is smiling when she poses! It gives us the feeling that she loves to do her work.

She has a lovely smile! :laugh: :kiss: