Bellazon

Lost

Lost is boring compared to Invasion. :whistle:

While I'm in the minority and think that "Invasion" is a good show, and better than most people think, it's nowhere near as good as "Lost." The characters on "Invasion" are overall pretty flat and uninteresting. What makes me keep watching it that it always conveys a creepiness very well, and keeps things interesting even if the characters always aren't. For instance, I don't believe Russell and Larkin are actually married. The two actors basically have no chemistry, and that needs to be integral with two of the more important characters. The sheriff and his shady ways pretty much carry the show though. With "Lost," though, most characters (not all, Shannon was boring, and Michelle Rodriguez is a one note actress. Fact.) I totally believe in and there's great chemistry with pretty much everyone, and that's something the cast of "Invasion" could only ever hope for.

Lost is boring compared to Invasion. :whistle:

While I'm in the minority and think that "Invasion" is a good show, and better than most people think, it's nowhere near as good as "Lost." The characters on "Invasion" are overall pretty flat and uninteresting. What makes me keep watching it that it always conveys a creepiness very well, and keeps things interesting even if the characters always aren't. For instance, I don't believe Russell and Larkin are actually married. The two actors basically have no chemistry, and that needs to be integral with two of the more important characters. The sheriff and his shady ways pretty much carry the show though. With "Lost," though, most characters (not all, Shannon was boring, and Michelle Rodriguez is a one note actress. Fact.) I totally believe in and there's great chemistry with pretty much everyone, and that's something the cast of "Invasion" could only ever hope for.

True about the character development overall. The sheriff's creepiness carries a helovalotta the show although, I like Muriel alot too. But my problem with Lost is that the island makes no sense. There is just too much mystery and freakiness. Sure, I keep watching to see if maybe someday my suspiscions will be realized and they will find they are part of a giant experiment involving not only time travel but genetic and nuclear engineering. If all I wanted was good character development there are much better shows than Lost. The story just barely keeps my interest. Pondering the freakiness only keeps me for so long. Invasion on the other hand, has a great balance (storywise) of mystery and revelation. Each show we get a little bit more, seeing Russell and Larkin (who is pregnant but I cannot see her and Russell ever having sex either) finding out about the "hybrids" and finding Dave's "twin", the reverend shooting the sherrif, the camp of misfit hybrids preparing for war....man, Invasion is way more interesting.

I digress. :p

from imdb.com

Lost creator JJ Abrams insists Michelle Rodriguez will not be dropped from the hit US TV show despite facing serious drunk driving charges. The Resident Evil actress was caught speeding in Hawaii, where Lost is filmed, three times last year, and was charged with DUI offenses after an incident on November 30. But Abrams is keen to stand by the actress, who plays Ana Lucia in the show's second season. He tells the New York Post, "While we don't want to report on the fate of any of the characters on the show I would say without question, that any reports that anything that's going on with any of the actors as being problematic or resulting in changing the storyline to sort of, you know, get rid of them, is just erroneous and silliness. There's a lot of stuff that has happened that's extracurricular, and it's in the news. It becomes fodder for speculation."

Jack was the guy you could always count on for the longest time, they are just showing that he is also as vulnerable as the rest of the islanders, imperfect. Normal Jack will come back eventually. :) Their showing us what this island can do to even the most rational people's thinking.

One thing I don't like is that Locke has been kind of pushed into the background lately as just the guy who can reset the combination on the armory, I wanna see more of his story, and just when you think Sawyer is coming around he goes and squishes the little froggy. :cry:

Dude that frog sure looked like a poisonous dart frog...the blue azureus (see my av) They better not try to pretend that wouldn't kill him or someone else if he gets that squooshy stuff near anyone's mouth or food or even a small cut. I wonder if they are planning to kill off someone here. :/

http://www.nashvillezoo.org/blfrog.htm

• 2 weeks later...