Bellazon

Karlie Kloss
Thumbnail

jenibelle

Model Hot Seat: Karlie Kloss’ Beauty Secrets

The fashion model reveals her hair and makeup favorites

By Emily Hebert | September 13, 2009 10:00 p.m.

Karlie Kloss Model

post-5329-0-1446023455-3851_thumb.jpg

Photo: Emily Hebert

Name: Karlie Kloss

Spotted at: Derek Lam

Hometown: St. Louis, Missouri

Age: 17. “I’ve done Fashion Week five seasons now—it’s crazy! I just had my 17th birthday. I was down in Disney World with my family and it was amazing. I have two younger sisters and one older sister. Sometimes my older sister travels with me.”

Fashion Week Hair Saver: “There’s this one really good conditioner that I use called Nexxus Humectress. It’s a simple conditioner but for some reason it works perfectly on my hair and I love it.”

Fresh-Faced Secret: “I use a lotion called Embryolisse. It’s just a really good light cream—not too oily and not too thick. I don’t have a cleanser right now. I’m super low on my supplies! I need to go shopping.”

Party Must-Have: “I just got my first bottle of Lola, with the gorgeous lid. I also have this travel-sized guy of it which I’ll carry around in my purse. I never leave the house without a little bit of Lola!”

Favorite Part About Fashion Week: “One of my favorite parts is getting all the goodie bags. By the end of Fashion Week my apartment is covered with makeup and clothes and shoes. Everything you can think of. I like collecting all of these things and taking them home to share with my sisters. It’s like Christmas! I open up my suitcases and dole out the stuff. It’s really fun getting to share—I just got a NARS goodie bag here and my sisters are going to love that. They’re much more interested in beauty and fashion than I am, even though I’m the one involved!”

Least Favorite Part About Fashion Week: “So far, it’s been tolerable. You know, no too-early mornings and no too-late nights. But I think my least favorite part is the lack of sleep! I think we’re all on the same page with that one. This morning we came in for hair and all of us had red puffy eyes and bags. And I thought, so it begins…”