Bellazon

Alessandro Del Piero
Thumbnail

Donna Versace

I am the leading goal scorer, for the second consecutive time and for the first time in the Serie A. If I had known at the beginning of the season, I would have bet that, once at the top of the league table, the first thought would have been:" I have told you so…".Talking to those, who didn't believe. To those, who have never believed.

But when I really reached this goal, I realised that the first thing that crossed my mind was:" You have told me so…" Talking to those, who believed in me. To those, who have always believed in me. To those who have never stopped inciting me. To those, who have supported me and who have worked for me. To those who were always there for me, who have shared my passion and my hard times, my joy and my will to win.

All of you have told me so, yes, and I have told so myself. And at last I scored the 21st goal in the championship, total 24 in the season. But what really counts more is that, together with all my team mates, whom I won't thank enough, thanks to these goals, we managed to reach the most important goal, that is the comeback to the Champions League and to finish the intensive championship. I'm satisfied with Juventus season as well as with my own season, and not only for the goals scored, that for me don't mean and will never mean everything. Now we have to take all the experience we have earned and use it as a starting point to improve more and more. And also to improve myself. Well, this is not the end. And don't tell me after I haven't told you so… :wub:

Alessandro

(alessandrodelpiero.com)

Italy striker Alessandro Del Piero admits that he is not worried about the competition for places in Roberto Donadoni’s Azzurri side.

The Juventus legend scored 21 goals in Serie A this term and he was awarded the Capocanoniere crown.

His form has been outstanding and it was rightly rewarded with a call up to La Nazionale. Pinturricchio is hoping for a good European championship and he is not worried about the stiff competition for places.

He will have to fight Luca Toni, Antonio Cassano, Antonio Di Natale, Marco Borriello and Fabio Quagliarella for a starting place but he is hoping he can do well.

“The competition for places doesn’t scare me at all,” said Del Piero.

“For me it’s already an honour to be in this squad of champions.

“I have always shown what I am worth and I hope I get the chance to do it again.

“I was impressed with the way me and Cassano linked up during the Belgium game and it was excellent.”

Del Piero will be hoping to repeat the stunning form he showed during Juve’s return to the top of Italian football.

(Goal.com)

Del Piero Breaks Another Azzurri Record

Italy striker Alessandro Del Piero cannot stop breaking records as his participation in Euro 2008 will mean he becomes the first Italian to smash the record for playing in his fourth consecutive European Championship.

Del Piero joins a list of greats including Denmark’s Peter Schmeichel who also played in four European Championships 1988, 1992, 1996 and Euro 2000.

Pinturricchio’s inclusion Roberto Donadoni’s side this year means he breaks an Italian record as he becomes the first Azzurro to play in four different European Championship’s

The Juventus legend, who holds the record for the Bianconeri’s all time appearances and goals scored, played his first Euro for Italy in England in 1996.

He then played in Holland and Belgium in 2000 where he was blamed for Italy’s defeat to France in the final.

The Juventus hit-man was called up by Giovanni Trapattoni to represent the Azzurri in Portugal during Euro 2004 but Italy had a woeful tournament and they went out at the group stage.

Now, Del Piero will be flying the flag for Italy once again as he is set to play a big part in what is likely to be his last European Championship for La Nazionale.

• 3 weeks later...

From the official site:

Dear Friends,

The time to enjoy my holidays came a bit earlier than I expected (one week earlier to be precise).

As usual during the last month I’ve gotten a lot of messages, wishes and congratulations for the football season we played, for my victory as a leading goalscorer in the Serie A and for the European Championship.

Once again I would like to thank you all for you support and affection that you give me, and also to say goodbye. I’ll be away for a few weeks (holiday time is never too long…) but we will keep in touch during this period.

See you soon,

Alessandro

Apparently Alessandro is going to New York with Sonia and Tobias

• 4 weeks later...

First pics of little Tobias (9 months)

family145fh3.jpg

family144wv4.jpg

Return to Pinzolo:

alex1668cc9.jpg

juve457zq2.jpg

Alex earns Scirea award

Friday 25 July, 2008

Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero has won the 2008 Gaetano Scirea award by a landslide margin.

The prize is handed out each year to the player who journalists believe serves as an example for how to behave on and off the field.

Last year Milan striker Pippo Inzaghi won the 16th edition of the award, which takes its name from one of the greatest Italian players of all-time.

As well as being one of five players to win every national and international trophy recognised by FIFA, Juventus legend Scirea was renowned for his sportsmanship and dignity.

Del Piero received 281 votes for this year’s title, leaving him easily clear of Roma’s Christian Panucci on 35.

Veteran striker Vincenzo Montella and fiery Inter stopper Marco Materazzi received just 19 votes each.

(Channel4)

• 9 months later...