Bellazon

Alessandro Del Piero
Thumbnail

Donna Versace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Del Piero: I believe in Juve

Juventus stalwart Alessandro Del Piero has given his squad's hardworking attitude the thumbs-up and believes they can win the title.

Del Piero also believes that Juventus's prudent recruitment strategy during the summer transfer window is paying off now in the Bianconeri's Serie A campaign.

The 36-year-old said to his club's website: "I hope we can continue on this path in 2011."

"I wish for our position to be consolidated which will allow us to reach a good position by season's end.

"We have the possibility to do well, with a bit of luck and concentration.

"The correct player choices, coupled with hard work has brought us here. As a team, we have a lot of enthusiasm to help overcome any difficulties which face us. Working together, we have been able to get good results and hope to keep on going."

Del Piero also gave his team credit for their attitude during their clash against AC Milan in late October.

"We came into the Milan match under intense pressure, as we had several key injuries prior to and during the match. But we were able to sacrifice ourselves and gain a great victory," he concluded.

The Turin side defeated their Milanese rivals 2-1 in a nail-biting contest.