Bellazon

Cesc Fabregas
Thumbnail

nika1377

REAL DEAL ON THE CARDS FOR FABREGAS

Cesc Fabregas' agent has held talks with Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon, according to Spanish newspaper Marca.

Representative Joseba Diaz reportedly met with Calderon after Real's clash with Bayern Munich last week to discuss the possibility of the Arsenal midfielder moving to the Bernabeu in the summer.

Calderon would be willing to offer a players-plus-cash deal to the Gunners, with Fabregas valued in excess of £25million.

Cesc denies Real link

Arsenal's teenage midfielder Cesc Fabregas has denied that he is set to join Real Madrid. Spanish press had continued their policy of linking all Iberian players with moved to La Liga by claiming Fabregas was set to move to the Bernabeu.

But the player himself dismissed the speculation, telling Marca - one of the outlets who had proliferated the rumour - that he was keen to stay at Arsenal in the long term.

"They are always saying good things and it is nice, but I am good here and I have the confidence of everybody," Fabregas told Marca Radio. "This is really important - to be at a big club and to have the total belief of the boss."

The player's agent, Joseba Diaz, was alleged to have met with Real Madrid chiefs after the Champions League match against Bayern Munich but Fabregas is ready to believe his representative's declaration that nothing was said.

"If he says that at no time did he speak with Real Madrid then he did not speak with Real Madrid," the former Barcelona youngster continued. "I have total faith in him."

Diaz maintained that he did meet with Predrag Mijatovic and Ramon Calderon but at no point did they discuss the future of the Spain international midfielder. And Fabregas himself insisted that he is very happy with Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger who he expressed gratitude for "giving me the opportunity to make my debut at Highbury at 16 years old and to play alongside Patrick Vieira."

Cesc denies Real link

Arsenal's teenage midfielder Cesc Fabregas has denied that he is set to join Real Madrid. Spanish press had continued their policy of linking all Iberian players with moved to La Liga by claiming Fabregas was set to move to the Bernabeu.

But the player himself dismissed the speculation, telling Marca - one of the outlets who had proliferated the rumour - that he was keen to stay at Arsenal in the long term.

"They are always saying good things and it is nice, but I am good here and I have the confidence of everybody," Fabregas told Marca Radio. "This is really important - to be at a big club and to have the total belief of the boss."

The player's agent, Joseba Diaz, was alleged to have met with Real Madrid chiefs after the Champions League match against Bayern Munich but Fabregas is ready to believe his representative's declaration that nothing was said.

"If he says that at no time did he speak with Real Madrid then he did not speak with Real Madrid," the former Barcelona youngster continued. "I have total faith in him."

Diaz maintained that he did meet with Predrag Mijatovic and Ramon Calderon but at no point did they discuss the future of the Spain international midfielder. And Fabregas himself insisted that he is very happy with Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger who he expressed gratitude for "giving me the opportunity to make my debut at Highbury at 16 years old and to play alongside Patrick Vieira."

good to hear

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cesc linked to Real again

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has again been linked with a move to Real Madrid in the Spanish press after admitting that a return to La Liga is 'possible'.

The departure of Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has led to suggestions that Arsene Wenger could also leave the club, which in turn has sparked rumours that a number of players close to the Frenchman will follow him.

As a result of the internal strife, Spanish daily AS believes Real will attempt to prise the young Spaniard away from Emirates Stadium this summer, with the youngster apparently viewed as their key target.

Fabregas was in Madrid for a commercial event and, although he said he had not had contact with the Spanish club, he did speak of his admiration for the side.

"I have never had contact with the director of Real Madrid," he told the Spanish press.

"The Bernabeu is an impressive stadium. It is possible that I could return to La Liga at any time."

However, Fabregas has denied the claims that a move is imminent, saying he sees his immediate future with The Gunners.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...