Bellazon

Theo James
Thumbnail

MauiKane

'Divergent' Unscripted Interview | Moviefone

Shailene Woodley and Theo James talk 'Divergent' and stories of bravery and selfishness

Shailene Woodley & Theo James Talk 'Divergent' Kiss

Shailene Woodley & Theo James: Divergent Interview

DIVERGENT Interview Shailene Woodley & Theo James!

Divergent Star Theo James Talks Chemistry With Shailene Woodley

Divergent Cast reveal their favourite Deleted Scene

Interview: Shailene Woodley and Theo James talk DIVERGENT

Shailene Woodley & Theo James Interview - Divergent

Shailene Woodley and Theo James discuss falling in love in Divergent

Shailene Woodley and Theo James get flirty in Divergent outtakes

Theo for the March 2013 Issue of Bello Magazine

Pictures:

d4b346319952587.jpg 665717319952600.jpg

7e148d319952604.jpg fef4ff319952607.jpg fe34da319952614.jpg 3cf4d2319952617.jpg c888e0319952622.jpg 

Interview

ON GETTING RECOGNIZED FOR HIS ROLE ON ‘DOWNTON ABBEY’: “I got it in England. I got it from this little old granny who lived downstairs. When I first moved into my apartment she came through, and I opened the door and she was like ‘Ooh hello!’ and I was like, ‘Hi. I’m the tenant upstairs. I just moved in.’ And she was like, ‘I see, I see.’ And she double took and went, ‘Oh my gosh, Mr. Pamuk!’ I felt like snogging her. I thought that would be the romantic thing to do. So yes, it does happen. Not loads, but…”

ON LIVING AND WORKING IN NYC: “I loved it. It was very easy but intense…I’m kind of obsessed with it. I love the culture and the vibe and iconicity of it and the island of Manhattan being so small and filled with that kind of hyper-exuberance that you don’t get anywhere else.”

HIS FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF L.A.: He came when he was 18 and broke. While traveling on a bus…“There was this big, overweight woman in a gray sweatpant suit, and she kept staring at me, and she was like, ‘What? What?’ looking at this young and innocent 18-year-old. And then she just started pissing herself. I could see the piss just etching out of her gray jumpsuit. And the whole time saying, ‘What’s your problem?’ So that was my first impression. That was before I was an actor.”

L.A. DREAM SPOT? “Venice. I love the beach and walking around near the trendy shops.”

Interview by Hiko Mitsuzuka

Theo's band Shere Khan

Write Up: Shere khan are a 4 piece from London playing music that could broadly be described as modern indie. With influences from dance acts like Fourtet and LCD Soundsystem, combining with intricate guitar work that recalls Foals and John Frusciante. The band formed in 2010 after Will Earl, Joj Sharratt & Sam Sweeney (guitar, bass & drums respectively) decided to take their jam sessions to the next level, and called on Theo James. They played their first gig at The Miller in London Bridge and have since gathered a following, with continued gigs across London, with notable recent shows at Proud and Cargo.

post-86031-0-1446086410-51237_thumb.jpg

The band's interview with M Magazine (UK) in April 2012:

London band Shere Khan are the latest band to spend 30 seconds with M. They’ve been together for a couple of years and describe their music as a blend of disco house/indie/punk…

How long have you been making music?
We’ve been together as a band officially since 2010, but known each other for ages, and had all been making music in our own ways since school.

What inspired your latest album?
We don’t have an album (yet) but our influences and inspirations are always changing. We’re embracing a more layered sound on the most recent stuff we’re producing which is liberating – we’ve previously tried to keep things stripped back when recording.

What process do you go through to create your music?
It varies from song to song, but often we’ll share ideas via email or dropbox, and add layers before trying things out in the rehearsal studio. Things then develop from there to reach a strong live sound.

How would you describe your sound?
Always a tricky one – we’d love you as the listener to describe it!… I guess you could roughly call it indie, but there’s a dancey vibe in there too and some old funk influences. We’ve even got a blues tune with slide guitar – we don’t actively try to stay within a particular genre, and just try to make each song as good as it can be.

What would your dream collaboration be?
It would be great to work with a really good producer like Paul Epworth or Jim Abbiss, who always seems to get the best out of the bands they works with. Also to hear a remix of one of our tracks would be amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Make sure you vote for Theo at the Teen Choice Awards! He's nominated in these categories:

CHOICE MOVIE: ACTION

Divergent

Edge of Tomorrow

Godzilla

Maleficent

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

CHOICE MOVIE ACTOR: ACTION

Jamie Campbell Bower, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Kellan Lutz, The Legend of Hercules

Mark Wahlberg, Lone Survivor

Theo James, Divergent

Tom Cruise, Edge of Tomorrow