Bellazon

Looper (2012)

Michael*

In 2074, when the mob wants to get rid of someone, the target is sent 30 years into the past, where a hired gun awaits. Someone like Joe, who one day learns the mob wants to 'close the loop' by transporting back Joe's future self.

Director:

Rian Johnson

Writer:

Rian Johnson

Cast:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Joe

Bruce Willis - Old Joe

Emily Blunt - Sara

Paul Dano - Seth

Noah Segan - Kid Blue

Piper Perabo - Suzie

Jeff Daniels - Abe

ndyz.jpg

I watched it a week or two ago! I absolutely LOVED that JGL played a character different than the ones he normally does. IMO that's how great actors prove their worth. His character is not without flaw and easy to want to dislike, but very well portrayed. I loved the movie, it was futuristic and so creative. The ideas, even though it was fantasy and science fiction --didn't seem all that far fetched within the scope of the movie. I loved Blunt in it as well, Willis actually doesn't play as huge of a role as I thought he would (and it turned out for the better). Def watch it!

I still haven't seen it, but I found this quite interesting - it's kind of a rough concept trailer for the movie, created to generate investment at what I'm guessing would have been a pretty early stage in it's development. It mixes stock footage, movie footage ('Seven' and 'Bladerunner' being noticeable ones), and animation.

• 3 months later...