Bellazon

Megan Irwin
Thumbnail

MEGAN IRWIN: model interview

Posted on: 2013/03/29

megan irwin polaroid.jpg

Q: You've been tagged by local media as the `next big thing' . How does it feel?

MEGAN IRWIN: I’m so flattered! It’s all so surreal to me.

Q: You were cast in the coveted David Jones Autumn Winter 13 launch show recently - were you nervous?

MEGAN IRWIN:  I think a little nerves are always good and healthy but I was more excited than anything :smile:

Q: You also personally met VS super, Miranda Kerr backstage - what was she like? 

MEGAN IRWIN:  She was lovely, It was so great getting to meet her.

Q: Be honest, did you practice your walk knowing you'd be strutting the same runway as Kerr? 

MEGAN IRWIN:  Haha… No I didn’t, it honestly didn’t enter my mind that she would even be there.  

Q: Your skin is flawless, not to mention your fabulous thick locks - spill your beauty secrets?

MEGAN IRWIN:  Thank you :) I believe in clean healthy eating, drinking 2-3 litres of water a day and the benefits from goji berries, chai seeds and coconut oil. 

Also I never sleep with makeup on! 

As I am always having my hair done, on my days off I always leave my hair natural- that means no blow dry, no straighter just a little Moroccan oil.

Q: Do you remember your first shoot? 

MEGAN IRWIN:  It was a really fun day! My mum and sister were there with me which made me feel really comfortable. I remember being quite nervous and really excited at the same time.

Q: How did you start modelling?

MEGAN IRWIN: I didn’t really “start” I kind of just fell into it and I’ve never looked back :smile:

Q: Your mum is gorgeous, has anyone from your family ever modeled?

MEGAN IRWIN: Mum did some modelling back in her hay-day. My sister was a model, it used to be so much fun when we got to work together but now she puts all her time and energy into her fashion label KIRSTY IRWIN.

Q: Despite being a `fresh face' to the industry, you already have a Fashion Spot thread - how does it feel to already be known internationally without barely stepping outside Australia?

MEGAN IRWIN:  After only a few stints overseas already, I can’t believe the overwhelming response internationally.

Q: Are you friends with any other Australian models?

MEGAN IRWIN:  I have worked with many beautiful Aussie girls that I have formed great friendships with.

Q: Who is your favourite Australian model/why?

MEGAN IRWIN:  It’s so hard to choose a favourite, there are so many amazingly talented Australian models. 

Q: You have the most incredible lips...I bet you are told this alot... what celebrity have you been told you look like?

MEGAN IRWIN:  Oh thank you so much! Sadly I am yet to have found my doppelganger… Do you have one for me? 

Q: You'll know you've hit the big time when...

MEGAN IRWIN:  You’ve graced the covers of Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar.

Q: If you could work with any brand, who would it be? 

MEGAN IRWIN:  Any?.. Any in the world?... Defiantly Chanel!

Q: What's your typical casting outfit?

MEGAN IRWIN:  I love to wear comfortable staples, something that shows your figure and your personality. Comfort is key!

Q: MBFWA is just around the corner, who do you hope to walk for?

MEGAN IRWIN:  I am very excited to be a part of MBFWA. Romance Was Born would definitely be one on the top of my list.

Q: How do you keep fit?

MEGAN IRWIN:  Walking around to castings keeps you pretty fit. Always keeping active is important.

Q: What's your favourite food? and indulgence?

MEGAN IRWIN:  I love Japanese food!! My indulgence would be dark chocolate and ice-cream.

Q: Do you live by the Miranda Kerr 80/20 rule?

MEGAN IRWIN:  80/20?.. Oh, I just googled it… I get it now.

Q: Fave shoes?

MEGAN IRWIN:  Boots & converse

Q: Jeans?

MEGAN IRWIN:  Black skinny legs.

Q: Perfume?

MEGAN IRWIN:  Lancome La Vie Est Belle & Tom Ford.

http://www.pony-ryder.com/2013_03_01_archive.html

The Business of Fashion Presents VOICES at the Sydney Opera House
Megan+Irwin+Business+Fashion+Presents+VOICES+AN_1ss9nQZWl.jpg
Brioni creative director Justin O'Shea (R) poses with model Megan Irwin (L) during the Business of Fashion Presents VOICES at Sydney Opera House on March 30, 2016 in Sydney, Australia.

This Model Swears By 1 Product to Make Her Skin Luminous

You-have-incredible-skin-tell-us-about-your-skincare-routine.jpg

You have incredible skin, tell us about your skincare routine?

"I’m obsessed with skin! I go to Melanie Grant in Double Bay, she looks after my skin. I wash my face, use a serum and then a moisturiser. And I use a rosehip oil throughout the day."

What are your three makeup essentials?

"Mascara is a must. I’m really into the MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream ($55) at the moment – it gives a beautiful pearly finish to the skin and you don’t have to wear foundation over it. And a red lipstick!"

How do you look after your hair and keep it in such great condition?

"The best thing for me is to keep heat and other styling wands off my hair when I’m not working. I leave it natural, I let it dry naturally, I don’t use products when I’m not working."

What's your favourite makeup look of all time?

"Nothing else but a red lip with really fresh, dewy skin. Hardly any makeup with just a big, bold, beautiful red lip."

Will you be changing up your hair or beauty routine in Winter?

"I think my hair I keep pretty consistent, I leave it pretty plain when I do it myself. For makeup, I don’t mind bringing out a darker red lip, burgundy is very in, deep reds. I use a lot more moisturiser and use a thicker one."

What's your ultimate beauty treatment?

"I get facials done my Fumi [from Zen Facial], she’s like my God. She makes everything good."

What's your signature scent?

"Le Labo Santal 33 ($300)."

What was your favourite thing about the David Jones makeup look?

"The lashes — the underneath ones especially! It’s very Twiggy, I love it and haven’t had it like this before, so it’s nice and new."

What's your favourite date night hair and makeup look?

"I like to keep it very clean and fresh. I think nothing is best, you don’t have to worry about fixing it. I think just keep things natural."

http://www.popsugar.com.au/beauty/Megan-Irwin-Beauty-Interview-40115964#photo-40115973

5 Minutes With Model-of-the-Moment Megan Irwin

PS-What-wardrobe-staples-can-you-live-without.jpg

POPSUGAR AUSTRALIA: Your mum was a model, did she inspire you to pursue a career in fashion?

Megan Irwin: Definitely, my family’s quite fashion forward, my sister’s a designer and my mum modelled, so it’s something that’s always been in my life.

PS: Who inspires you the most in the fashion industry?

MI: I don’t think I’d say I have somebody in particular, everybody inspires me in a different way, whether its someone known already or people I meet everyday. Everyone has their impact on me.

PS: Describe your style in three words.

MI: My style changes a lot, but I’d say classic, chic with a rock twist.

PS: Who is your fashion muse?

MI: It really depends on what I’m doing, some days I wake up and want to be like Marilyn Monroe, and other days I want to be like Jane Birkin, it really does depend and change. But my fashion icon would be to be my sister, she’s always on point.

PS: What wardrobe staples can you not live without?

MI: Black skinny jeans, sneakers and a really good coat you can take everywhere and match with everything.

PS: What are your favourite Australian labels?

MI: Dion Lee is always incredible, you can always count on him to have the perfect outfit for the perfect occasion. Camilla and Marc and Carla Zampatti, are amazing.

PS: What’s your go-to date night outfit?

MI: It depends where I’m going, but I think a simple dress with a small kitten heel or flats. Keeping it casual, make it more about you than what you look like.

http://www.popsugar.com.au/fashion/Who-Megan-Irwin-Australian-Model-40113599