Bellazon

Matthew Coatsworth
Thumbnail

Canadian Matthew Coatsworth (Nevs) has been modelling for three and half years since leaving his job on an oil rig.

Matthew, who can mostly recently be seen in Joe Lally’s experimental film The Murder of Jean Seberg alongside Daphne Guinness, has shot for magazines including Guapo, GQ Germany, Flaunt, Interview, 7TH Man and Surface. His campaign credits include Lincs AW11 and MaxMara AW10.

Matthew visited F.TAPE HQ for a Digital Update and answered our Model Wall Q&A (below).

Birth date: 15.04.85

Birthplace: Canada

Ethnic Origin: Caucasian

Where were you scouted? I was tired of working on an oilrig so I walked into an agency to change it up a bit and never looked back

Best feature: I’ve been told its my eyes but I’ll leave that up for you to decide

Favourite grooming product: Olive oil

Hobbies: I have the mind of an entrepreneur so anything business related

Favourite Movie: Michael Jordan ‘Come Fly with Me’

What’s on your iPod? I don’t own one

Guilty Pleasure: Money

Dislike: Negativity

Dream country to visit: Brazil

What was the last thing to make you laugh out loud? Yesterday on the metro in Paris a guy in his late 20’s went to sit on a spring loaded chair and he apparently thought he had put the seat down, only to find himself crashing straight to the floor. If you saw how fast he got back up when he realized what he did you’d need a diaper!

What was the last dream you remember? Don’t think it can be repeated but it was rather enjoyable…

One word to describe yourself: Insatiable (but always enjoying life and forever grateful)

• 2 years later...