Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

2 hours ago, Hollander said:

The March 2024 cover of Vogue UK, photographed by Steven Meisel, features almost 50 different people, but ... there is no spot left for Doutzen.

omg-oh-my-god.gif

I don't have high expectations for an impressive comeback anymore.

This silly cover features exactly 40 people and only 4 of them are real Icons🤣🤣🤣🤣

A few hours ago, I found out that it was impossible for Doutzen to be photographed for the group shot for the March edition of British Vogue, shot by Steven Meisel, because only former cover stars from recent years, when Edward was the editor in chief, were given the opportunity to be on this group shot cover ... and some even skipped like Gisele (other priorities).

That makes the sadness disappear a lil bit.

Doutzen is making her comeback with a multigirl editorial inside the Vogue UK March 2024 issue ... without a cover. 😔

Seriously-Sherlock-Holems.gif

"OVER & ABOVE"
Models: Doutzen Kroes & Liya Kebede
Photographer: Bibi Borthwick
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson
6 Photos

Bibi Borthwick photography is incredibly BORING.

33 minutes ago, Mille Backer said:

Well... At least it's a start.

1 advantage is that everyone in the fashion industry wants to have this magazine, so they can all see that Doutzen is available again. But come on, after 4 years, she's back with a 6 page spread shared with another model. Very weak and disappointing.

This is just as I expected ... H&M catalog low quality photoshoot and totally uninteresting.

E3f4TrGn_o.jpeg.thumb.jpg.377438fb2e80ba5561fb1e82b2626eb6.jpghO5RgB90_o.jpeg.thumb.jpg.4b3264c1538269a246eca1f864be740b.jpgRyi1yplC_o.jpeg.thumb.jpg.3a15bc5afe6d01016afda991c9838f67.jpg

Snaps by Vogue28 member from TFS

Doutzen always delivers good work when she works with photographers who bring out the best in her, such as Steven Meisel, Mert & Marcus, Luigi & Iango. Those three always ensure that Doutzen delivers in combination with great photography. I have the impression that other photographers do not give Doutzen any instructions, and as a result, she always shows the same monotonous facial expression. A surprised/vulnerable look with an open mouth. It's not interesting to look at... especially when the photography, light, hair and makeup is plain boring/bad.

(the styling is actually fine)

I think that Sarah Keller (rip) is the unrecognized hero in Doutzen's model trajectory of being who she is today.

Has anyone noticed that ever since she passed away Doutzen's persona has kinda gone downhill? I think Sarah would never allow her to speak openly

about all her woo woo stuff on insta (colina-19 etc) and also looking at all fashion stuff Doutzen is doing (and isn't doing) makes it pretty clear to me that

she would have been nowhere if it wasn't for Sarah.

Either way. I love Doutzen. I think she is very genuine and has most beautiful face in the world. After she made model debut no one has matched her beauty.

She just doesn't seem good at "office politics" and she has always struck me like that. She has never been interested in fashion off camera (i mean look at her personal style), never interested in makeup or skincare, never has had narcissist tendencies to be in the limelight (a me, me, me thinking), often felt guilty of her beauty (at least early on), all the money in the world and she chooses the country life and not being in front of the camera or posting all the time on insta for followers....

Now when she can do what she wants this is the life she chooses.

Each to their own. But oh what a beauty. To get to look like her...

Pure tragic! Doutzen makes her comeback with the most ugly photoshoot she has ever done.

I don't see talented model(s) in these photos, and I also don't see a photographer with talent. Is the photographer a talentless nepo kid or just really great connections?