Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

So many models from Doutzen's time walked to Versace, sad that she was not there... Although she already had a campaign for Versace (which I don't like) I wish she had another, but obviously I would like a campaign for a great brand she has no work yet!

Ian (Max Mara's director) seemed so happy to be with Doutzen on the show. Last season he took a picture like that with the model who starred in the campaign by Meisel. Is this possible for Doutzen? But I believe that Lara will be chosen again.

Lara Stone, Gigi Hadid & Doutzen Kroes are most likely the 3 models in running to score the Fall/Winter 2018.19 Max Mara campaigns

There are 2 chances to score the upcoming Max Mara campaign:

- Max Mara by Steven Meisel

- Max Mara accessories by Steven Meisel

Lara Stone (opened the show) most likely score one of them ... the other one probably between Gigi (closed the show) & Doutzen (leading finale)

They probably vote:

Stylist Carine Roitfeld: Gigi (obviously) & Lara (obviously)

Designer: ?

Photographer Steven Meisel: Gigi & ...

Casting director: (he likes all 3)

Max Mara Spring Summer 2018 show

* Cara Taylor opened that show - she got Max Mara Spring Summer 2018 campaign by Steven Meisel 

* Bella Hadid closed + leading finale - she got the Max Mara accessories Spring Summer 2018 campaign by Steven Meisel 

That could mean:

* Lara Stone for Max Mara campaign by Steven Meisel 

* Gigi Hadid or Doutzen Kroes for Max Mara accessories campaign by Steven Meisel 

----------------------------------

Paris Fashion Week starts on Monday or Tuesday

Last couple of times L'Oréal booked her the whole day on the day of the Balmain shows :sad:

Hopefully they stay away this time because I would like to see her walk that show again

I think she's doing a show in Milan and one in Paris, since she already said that two or three is enough for her... If she walks in Paris it should be in two at the most.

It would be a dream if she would walk to Chanel, Valentino and Balmain! 

The photo of Doutzen in the show of Max Mara is being posted in several Instagram of the fashion magazines. I think this can help a lot in the decision if she's on the game!

19 minutes ago, Beauty Junky said:

Also, Doutzen hasn’t worked with Meisel in a long time. Meisel goes through favorites like water. 

Unlucky for us, I think that industry bigwigs find Doutzen nice and likeable but she’s not anyone’s favorite. 

I think Valentino really liked her, but I totally agree, she doesn't really seems to be anyone's favorite girl... I'm actually quite surprised she made it so far in the industry since she became well known during the Russian wave, no? 03/04/05?  In my opinion her face is almost unrealistically perfect, I've seriously never seen anyone with a face like hers, especially her profile. Doutzen was one of the first models I discovered and I always thought she looked extremely pretty and so different (in a good way) compared to all the others.

2 minutes ago, Beauty Junky said:

@*Luna*, yes, Valentino liked her. Meisel too, like in 05?  She’s too beautiful to fade into oblivion. I am amazed that she’s thrived when it was all about the baby dolls and the Russians when she was truly active in HF. 

I know her shoot Vogue Italia February 2005 really put her on the map (understandable, it's gorgeous) but it seems she and Steven only worked together twice.. 2005 and 2013? Too bad because her pictures with him are always stunning.  

doutzen-kroes-by-steven-meisel-vogue-italia-february-2005.jpg

4 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

I know her shoot Vogue Italia February 2005 really put her on the map (understandable, it's gorgeous) but it seems she and Steven only worked together twice.. 2005 and 2013? Too bad because her pictures with him are always stunning.  

doutzen-kroes-by-steven-meisel-vogue-italia-february-2005.jpg

If I’m not mistaken he shot her for D&G and Valentino. I know he shot the American Vogue May 2007 cover. I hope they would collaborate again in the future. 

Her work with Steven Meisel

- Vogue US Febr. 2005 editorial

- Vogue Italia Febr. 2005 cover + editorial

- Vogue Italia Febr. 2005 supplement cover

- Vogue US June 2005 editorial

- Valentino Fall/Winter 2005 campaign 

- Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter 2005 campaign

- Valentino Spring/Summer 2006 campaign

- Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer 2006 campaign (confirmed by her agency DNAmodels. Huge cast with many campaign photos... but I can't remember seeing the photo with Doutzen)

- Vogue US May 2007 cover + editorial

- Vogue Italia Sept. 2013 cover + editorial

17 minutes ago, hollander said:

Her work wth Steven Meisel

- Vogue US Febr. 2005 editorial

- Vogue US June 2005 editorial

2006 campaign

- Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer 2006 campaign (confirmed by her agency DNAmodels. Huge cast with many campaign photos... but I can't remember seeing the photo with Doutzen)

What is this other Vogue US editorial? I'm just remembering what Doutzen is with Hanna, Lily, Gemma, Eugenia and others.

This D&G campaign I've seen some places crediting her, unfortunately I've already looked for all the photos and did not see Doutzen...

Meisel changes his favorites in the blink of an eye... And I agree that Valentino likes Doutzen, but I think for Pierpaolo she's indifferent.

Yes, Doutzen has never been anyone's favorite, but I think Valentino was the designer who most valued her and gave her every opportunity (opened, closed, led and campaign), a real muse for him. Although she never had a period of being that was everywhere, she had constant work and clear since always she fell in the taste of people since in 2005 she was elected model of the year by readers of Vogue and VS gave a lot of popularity to her (she made her name and kept it popular and I think that's why she gets more work than many models from the same time of it can't), I think she is well liked by the other models and have a good relationship with people who work in fashion despite not being the favorite, so she is always doing something here or there, and of course because her natural and classic beauty!