Bellazon

U.S. shuts file-sharing site Megaupload

ILUVAdrianaLima

this is what i said... now they are scared so they removed the illegal stuffs to avoid troubles. but i'm pretty sure politicians have compromising private informations about those companies, which is the reason of why the FBI spent months on this case (and pretty sure they not just followed megaupload...) and now politicians could make blackmails. money for their campaigns (or just because they want it), advertisings for themselves or artists they produce, etc etc etc

now we can say byebye great and underground music and videos. things will get worst in the next days/weeks. and our brains will be lobotomised by shits like big brother, gossip girl or MTV. wonderful!

we will die dumb.

ps : today a very sad new for me. one of my favorite blogs who published movies who can't be sold in france because too much underground had been closed. 75% of their files had been deleted. disgusted. it kills me. near of 2000 movies where people spent days to translate every word and add subtitles, make discover another cultures or generations and it was a wonderful place and now it's over. it's was an underground but also very cult place for art where even sometimes movies directors came to thank the blog to make discover their work even if business men had never believed in their talent to make money. heartbroken.

i never watched a 3d movies and i won't. i boycotted all these mainstream garbage since years and now my opinion just would be more accruing. that's my last word.

^

Out of curiosity, what kind of sites are down?

Filesonic got shut down today, Rapidshare AG (Swiss company) and Fileserve are the only major oligopolistic (top) players left. The many smaller concerns are still around. Hang the big fish, get the others to fall back in line. New markets for new forms of e-businesses are born..

Mixture video, pureVid are down because they can't handle the new traffic after MU was down. VideoBB is down because of that too and I think they have troubles with Google, Yahoo & Bing.

This situation is so shitty.

Mixture video, pureVid are down because they can't handle the new traffic after MU was down. VideoBB is down because of that too and I think they have troubles with Google, Yahoo & Bing.

This situation is so shitty.

Interesting. It's too bad for those customers that have lost their private material into the MU and filesonic black hole. Long term, I think services will re-adjust given the dynamic and entrepreneurial nature of the internet. It's just unfathomable to me that an understaffed US government agency (I have contacts in two regulatory units that oversee larger affairs that have told me how they operate and about the limits of their abilities) would police file hosting services for the rest of the century.

I think these people are big damn heroes.

Anonymous Just Deleted CBS.com and Took Down Universal

http://gizmodo.com/5878238/anonymous-deleted-cbscom

:clap: They are what the word needs right now!

If that video isn't a fake, i actually cant wait too see some of the payback those individuals/organizations who support SOPA & PIPA will get.

It's not

click the link below it.

why the anonymous would like to attact facebook or twitter when we know they were against the SOPA ?

for the moment facebook is more like megaupload than other thing... yes they collect informations about us but megaupload too. and we can post all the stuff we want (just avoid to host the movie logorama... :ninja: ). they are their best way to be popular and received support. this is because of facebook, twitter, youtube etc that people had the possibility to share their opinions and manifest their opposition against these laws. that's so ridiculous. it's only can be a fake! not heroes, just troll.

need to be logic 2 secondes. where is the interest to make it ? :wacko:

by the way uploadhere, allostreaming, filesonic, uploadking, uploading, hotfiles are now close or don't work/had deleted their files.

and this is a fact, megaupload hosted illegal stuff and was aware of it and refused to delete these files to make money. and authorities won't tolerate it and more particularly now, -who's like a battle where only the stronger win- or people and companies won't have scruples to do it again but 10 times more. it sucks but this is the reality.

FileSonic cuts file-sharing after Megaupload case

By Hayley Tsukayama

In the wake of the U.S. government’s shutdown of the file-sharing site Megaupload, another file-sharing and storage service has decided to make the “sharing” part of its service a thing of the past.

FileSonic — a cloud locker that grants users 10 GB of free storage for 30 days — didn’t mention Megaupload in a statement on its Web site that announced the changes over the weekend. But it was clear that the company is worried about its users sharing things they shouldn’t. “All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally,” says a red banner on the site’s main page.

Web services that allow customers to share and upload files should be spooked, Eric Goldman, a professor of intellectual property law at Santa Clara University told The Washington Post’s Cecilia Kang on Friday. “They will wonder if they have done anything different from Megaupload, and does that mean the Feds will come through their door,” he said. For it’s part, FileSonic has changed the slogans and description of its service on its main page, though clicking through for more information on its premium plan does pull up a logo with the tag­line, “Upload. Store. Download. Share. We don’t believe in limits.” FileSonic did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

On Monday, the Associated Press reported that Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom (who officially changed his last name from Schmitz) said that he is innocent and is not a flight risk at a hearing in New Zealand. A judge is expected to rule this week on whether Dotcom will be granted bail, the report said.

I think these people are big damn heroes.

Anonymous Just Deleted CBS.com and Took Down Universal

http://gizmodo.com/5878238/anonymous-deleted-cbscom

:clap: They are what the word needs right now!

If that video isn't a fake, i actually cant wait too see some of the payback those individuals/organizations who support SOPA & PIPA will get.

Something is supposed to be happening soon to a lot of them.

the worst with ACTA is not internet but medicines and pills. with it, it's impossible to create a generic which is horrible for the working class and people from the thrid world. they need it. accept this law don't mean piss off people who would like to download files or delete someone's website but kill millions of people. of course this law include medicines against sickness like AIDS and not only the kind of gastroenteritis. an the price of a generic it's minimum 40 % inferior to the brand one. so you can treat twice.

and it's not like pharmaceutical industries never received donations and public subsidies from people taxes... it's not like their own agencies haven't the privilege of taxes deductions... rentability is ok, but there are limits! paticularly when those ones are private! and when we know they spend millions and millions of dollars for their marketing to be more famous than the cheaper concurrents... god!

and about anonymous, well that's normal to see them attack sony and universal, that's one of their major goals. but they won't really change the things...