Bellazon

Izabel Goulart

Guest Anonymous

I don't pay a ton of attention to the VS Angels so excuse my ignorance on this next question - why isn't Izabel an Angel anymore?

her contract was up, she wanted freedom to do other things. at least that's what i'm pretty sure happened... maybe someone else can verify?

I don't pay a ton of attention to the VS Angels so excuse my ignorance on this next question - why isn't Izabel an Angel anymore?

her contract was up, she wanted freedom to do other things. at least that's what i'm pretty sure happened... maybe someone else can verify?

yeah and didn't she have another contract that confilcted with the VS one

Thanks for responding Brenlynn and Tigerlily.

I never really understood the attraction towards being VS Angels. I mean I understand it with respect to the money and exposure but I always felt being an Angel was restrictive (for lack of a better word) in terms of time and ability to work with other designers/companies, you know... And I've always gotten the impression that [generally speaking] VS Angels aren't held in as high esteem as those who do more HF work.

Just a thought...

yeah and didn't she have another contract that confilcted with the VS one

I believe it was Armani Exchange.

I never really understood the attraction towards being VS Angels. I mean I understand it with respect to the money and exposure but I always felt being an Angel was restrictive (for lack of a better word) in terms of time and ability to work with other designers/companies, you know... And I've always gotten the impression that [generally speaking] VS Angels aren't held in as high esteem as those who do more HF work.

Just a thought...

I understand what you mean about being restrictive, b/c their contract doesn't really allow that much freedom to do a lot of other things. BUT most HF girls would kill for the money and exposure that being a VS angel gives. The angels are the models that are most known by people who even don't really pay attention to fashion. Whereas the HF girls are known well known by just the fashion industry and the like, everybody and their mama knows who Adriana Lima is. :)

Just a thought...

I understand what you mean about being restrictive, b/c their contract doesn't really allow that much freedom to do a lot of other things. BUT most HF girls would kill for the money and exposure that being a VS angel gives. The angels are the models that are most known by people who even don't really pay attention to fashion. Whereas the HF girls are known well known by just the fashion industry and the like, everybody and their mama knows who Adriana Lima is. :)

Exactly ... But you need to have a balance like Adriana did VS + Maybelline + Some HF work ... Or like Gisele she made it big in VS, now she's no longer an angel but come on, who on earth doesn't know her? Gisele is EVERYWHERE, shoes, magazines, clothes, make up, VS made a lot of girls: Adriana, Gisele, Alessandra & now Miranda is kind of in the makin' ... But the thing is, that Izabel wasn't gettin' all the attention that she wanted/needed so VS didn't make a huge change in her career, i think that's why she left VS & i think it was a good choice, 'cuz now she can do so much more things ... She's doin' H&M, RL & she did AX ... I think it was the right thing to do, VS wasn't goin' to give her more attention/exposure than what she already got

Yea I get what you're saying... I mean I did say that the money and exposure seem to be the big pulling points lol

I guess for me, if I were a model, I'd rather keep to the HF stuff. I mean that's not to say I wouldn't model for VS but I don't think I'd sign on to be an Angel. Especially when there's a clear hierarchy. In other words, like you've guys pointed out, the Angels don't all get the same amount of exposure.

By the way, it is not my intention to spark a debate over which is better or more prestigious: VS/Commercial or High Fashion.

:)

misslimavzla - I completely agree with you. I think izabel can do way more without VS than with them. soo excited to see where this takes her.

gooner4lyfe - this isn't a debate I liked your comment a lot, I wondered the same thing a while ago myself. I still wonder the difference in prestige between commercial (not just VS) versus high fashion. I just don't get why some people get so snooty over their HF girls like they are sooo much better. I have favorites that do both :idk:

Fantastical ~ I said I didn't want to spark a debate not because of something you said but because I've seen posts of that nature (Commercial v. HF) in other threads and it got pretty heated.

Anyways, the debate itself is nonsensical. I mean I have my own feelings about commercial modeling and HF but I don't lean strongly to one side. Both play their roles in keeping the industry afloat. So there's no sense is the fighting. And let's be honest (for those who side with HF), there's plenty of models a lot of us wouldn't have a clue about had they not walked in the VSFS (I can speak from experience in that regard). Which is also to say, commercial modeling companies such as Victoria's Secret, Mabelline and others have effectively done their part in jump starting many careers of models who later went on to have major success in HF.