Bellazon

Tyra Banks
Thumbnail

dcrim

Despite what the wags at the fashion spot might say, Tyra is not a mediocre model. There was a debate there recently about how many covers certain models did. Naturally, the haters started putting down Tyra. Well, I'm here to settle this once and for all.

Tyra has more than a hundred covers to her credit. She may not have reached the scales of Naomi in terms of editorial and cover output. But those idiots at the fashion spot don't seem to look at the big picture. They claim that Beverly Peele has done about 250 covers but they have yet to prove it. They, especially Omifan, don't seem to get that while Tyra hasn't scaled the modeling world in the same way that Naomi, Beverly Johnson, Beverly Peele, Veronica Webb, and Iman have; having more than 100 covers to your name is nothing to sneeze at for an African-American woman (or for any woman of color for that matter). As great as Veronica and Beverly Peele are, I doubt they have the same output of covers as Tyra. The shame of it is, with African and African-American models, I only know of a few who are cover stars: Naomi, Iman, Beverly Johnson, and Tyra.

To those idiots at the fashion spot, until you prove visually that Mrs. Beverly Peele in fact appeared on over 250 covers, you are all just talk. YOUR criteria for what makes a good model is based on BS quantifications and not on hard copy.

To those who are Tyra fans; GET READY FOR THE EXCITEMENT :drool: !

No problem! Always happy to give visual gratification to Mrs. Tyra's fans!

For the Tyra lovers: click on the pics....for the Tyra haters: click on the pics and then feel stupid. Prove to me that Tyra has been surpassed by Beverly Peele's "250" covers. Go on...I dare you! :war:

wow i havent seen half of those covers before thanx! i wonder what edition and year the elle covers with the balloons and the one with the other model is from? people at the fashion spot talk so bad about tyra and will even say she only has about 20 covers and say she was never a supermodel nor did she walk for top designers. if naomi never gave tyra trouble she would probably be in the same league as naomi. ms campbell saw that coming thats why she tried to get tyra canceled from covers, campaigns, shows etc. NOT beverly peele. since tyra was much more successful

Your welcome y'all!!!! :wave:

This cover makes number 119!

post-35328-0-1446439385-13388_thumb.jpg

To luvme:

The "Elle cover" with Tyra holding the balloons wasn't really a cover per se. Actually it is a preview page from the April 1993 issue of British Elle. If you count that one out in addition to the double posted TV program (which was an accident :blush: ), Tyra would still have 117 covers which is still impressive. These covers are the ones that are known of. There are still more out there if I can find them. Like my name suggests, I try for the sake of Tyra's legacy on print. :heart: :kiss: