Bellazon

Jeisa Chiminazzo
Thumbnail

sha

Todays Q&A is with Brazilian Model Sensation Jeisa Chiminazzo….

Jeisa Chiminazzo ( what a fantastic name) was born in Brazil in 1985 to parents Ernani and Ivone of Italian and German descent. She grew up in Mucum, Rio, Brasil and has two sisters. She was discovered in 1998 at the age of 13 by a Brazilian actor who recommended her to a model agency and not long after moved to New York where she signed with IMG Models. At this time there was a big influx of Brazilian models making a name for themselves including Gisele and Alessandra Ambrosia. Jeisa was one of the few other Brazilian girls of that time to have the same impact on the fashion industry as the ones I just mentioned.

In 2005 she appeared on the cover of Vogue Paris, shot by Mario Testino and has since gone on to appear on the cover of 9 other Vogue publications.

Jeisa is widely considered one of the most successful runway models (with good reason!) and has walked for the likes of Prada, Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Dior, Fendi & Lanvin to name but a few!

I don’t exactly remember the first time I worked with Jeisa but we’ve been on numerous shoots together over the last ten years or so for various publications and advertising campaigns and I’ve dressed her hair for enough fashion shows to last a lifetime.

Having now bowed out of doing the shows Jeisa is now fast becoming more of a celebrity as well as a model and i recently worked with her in NY for an Ad campaign. It was so great to see her as it had been a while and also to see how she’s now become a beautiful woman both inside and out.

One of Jeisa’s interests that we both share is her love for tennis, so when I see her we can chat for hours about the players, the equipment and the tournaments and maybe one day we will have a hit with each other, although I can’t help feeling she’s going to be a much better player than myself. Well if we do end up playing I’ll give you a little report, but first and foremost we need to be in the same country, which could prove to be a little difficult with our schedules!!!!

Any old how- enjoy this little pry into Jeisa’s life and I want to thank this lovely woman for taking the time to answer the questions for us.

Take it away Jeisa………

WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE GROWING UP?

I always wanted to be an architect. My father owns a furniture factory in the south of Brazil and I used to go to meetings with him and the architects that he worked with and I was always amazed with them.

HOW DID YOU END UP DOING WHAT YOU’RE DOING NOW?

I’m a very dreamy girl, I always dreamed very big! When I was 12 I did a modelling course and there I met my Brazilian agent at 13. I moved to Sao Paulo and a few months later I came to New York.

WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE IF YOU WEREN’T YOU?

Audrey Hepburn! She’s my favourite, she was so beautiful and humane. She helped so many causes throughout her life, and still now her beauty is timeless.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

I live in Manhattan and I love it!

IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN YOUR CITY WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Definitely the noise.

WHAT ARE YOU INTO RIGHT NOW? ( MUSIC, FASHION , ART, FOOD)

I love food! And I just found out that that I’m not allergic to shellfish anymore so I’ve been eating oysters non stop! I love art as well and probably Anish Kapor is one of my favourite artists right now.

IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE BESIDES WHERE YOU ARE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?

London!!!

WHAT MUSIC WERE YOU INTO GROWING UP - ARE YOU STILL INTO IT NOW?

The Cure! And still my favourite.

WHO’S YOUR FAVOURITE DESIGNER THAT YOU WOULD WEAR?

I like different designers but right now I’m wearing a lot of Balmain, it’s rock and roll, but I love Lanvin and McQueen too.

WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO NEXT?

Leaving in a few days to London then Paris, as a model you never stop traveling!

ONCE AGAIN, A GIANT THANKYOU TO JEISA

To Follow Jeisa on Twitter, click here @JeisaOfficial

http://www.itsamoodieblog.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...