Bellazon

Robyn Lawley
Thumbnail

We’re really excited about a new fashion brand we’ve launched for Big W. It’s called Avella and it’s a plus-size fashion range with a difference. Instead of simply resizing an existing brand, Avella is designed specifically for women with curves, so it fits beautifully.

For the launch campaign we were thrilled to shoot Robyn Lawley, a Sydney girl who has taken the international modelling industry by storm as a plus-size model. She’s graced the covers of the most coveted international fashion magazines like French Elle and Italian Vogue. As you can imagine, we’re happy to have Robyn on board. Not only is she gorgeous, she’s also really down to earth and passionate about fashion for curvy women. She’s a perfect match for Avella.

post-35528-0-1446080779-92712_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446080780-02088_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446080780-0295_thumb.jpg

Australian Women’s Weekly released a bumper load of fashion and beauty goodness for larger sized women in their January 2010 issue, featuring 15 pages of editorial images. This certainly ups the ante for the other magazines in the Australian market, whose attempts are still on a learning curve. This is good honest, accessible fashion yet it still looks aspirational.

Photographer: David Gubert

Model: Robyn Lawley

Styling: Julie Russell

Makeup: Laura Nolan

Hair: Brad Mullins

http://runwayrevolution.com/2010/05/relaxed-cool/

Colorful dresses and sheer kaftan-style tops have a breezy summer feel in the Spring/Summer 2009 campaign from Autograph, shot in Byron Bay. Although, why would a gorgeous woman be left alone in paradise? Sometimes ad campaign concepts are confusing post-35528-0-1446080780-8176_thumb.gif

Model: Robyn Lawley

Photographer: Marty Lochmann

http://runwayrevolution.com/2009/12/1398/?replytocom=285

Plus Size Australian model, Robyn Lawley, who has graced the pages of many mainstream magazines, and most recently on the cover of Madison Magazine. Robyn, an Australian size 14-16 (represented by Bella Models) takes time to discuss the great size debate. There is no doubt that Robyn is beautiful and at a 14-16 is plus size, however, just two hours ago she reflected on the ongoing conversation about her size on her Facebook page.

Hey everyone, like always a debate ensues when anything editorial of mine comes out; that I am not
…this is true in the real world, unfortunately in the fashion world we have to label my size because your size is everything when it comes to modeling. I am a healthy size 14-16 aus, I don’t try to be anything I am not, nor would I lie about my size, I love my body, but like all women there are the good days and the bad. I shot this cover within a few days of shooting my lingerie shoot “lazy days” with cosmo, if you take a glimpse of that you can see depending on light and of course what I am wearing my body can look different from many angles.

When it comes to the fashion world being a model at my size is still a rarity, even to this day, so when a high end Magazine like
puts me on the cover it shows that there is change in the air and that a size 14-16 model can rock high fashion just the same as a size 6 model.

The fashion world needs variety and better ethics when it comes to a models health. But with a month like this, Candice in W magazine, Tara on French Elle, and Adele on USA vogue and of course my cover with one of my favorite magazines, shows how women can look beautiful at any size. Hopefully women out there are rejoicing in their own skin because beauty comes in all shapes and sizes always has always will…..Love Robyn x

post-35528-1329252839_thumb.jpg

post-35528-1329252907_thumb.jpg

post-35528-1329252917_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...