Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

Here is another article on Marisa at Aptos High.

Aptos High students get a visit from Marisa Miller at lunchtime

by Alia Wilson

APTOS -- There was no shortage of body parts and paraphernalia for Marisa Miller to sign Friday during a her visit to Aptos High School as a preview of the 15th annual Monte Foundation Musicfest and Firework Extravaganza.

Students offered their foreheads, shoes, CDs, shirts and arms for the Sports Illustrated model to sign, after a musical performance by Really Doe and Danny Klein of Lost in Los Angeles in the school's quad. Students flooded the outdoor stage right after the lunchtime bell, while school staff members tested sound equipment.

"It was crazy, but it was cool to see the school; there have been a lot of good changes," said Miller, who attended Aptos High during her freshman year of high school. "It's great to see other artists take their time to come out. You could see that everyone is so pumped to see the full performances tomorrow."

Performances by Really Doe and Lost in Los Angeles of Cartel Records and Mishka of Matthew McConaughey's record label J.K. Livin will kick off at 5:30 p.m. today and will end in time for the fireworks show around 9:30 p.m. according to Cartel Records owner Griffin Guess, who is Miller's husband and producing the event.

Guess would not say whether Kanye West, rumored to be the special guest for today, would be another one of the celebrities helping out local schools.

"I cannot confirm or deny anything," Guess said Friday afternoon. "All I can say is there are people on a plane right now."

During the Aptos High performance Friday, promoters tossed out recently released CDs by the artists who performed songs for the students, whose school had sold the most tickets to Saturday's event.

Really Doe and Danny Klein performed their song "Mesmerized," and added a little freestyle just for the students.

"There's no such thing as a small venue," said Really Doe, a Chicago rapper who got his start touring with West. "Whether it's a crowd of 1,000 or 50,000 you just feed off the energy. We feed off [the students]. Without [the students] this is not possible. We're just excited to get in front of the fans."

Aptos High cheerleader Hana Lee got Miller to autograph her cheerleader skirt after the show.

"It's so exciting, we've never had any celebrities come to our school before," Lee said. "It's such a small town, you would never think they would come here."

Diana Gomez, a water polo player, got Miller's autograph on her arm.

"We're honored that they chose to come to our school," Gomez said. "It was awesome."

Senior Ryan Peabody asked Miller out to prom by lifting up his shirt to show the word Prom?' written in Sharpie on his stomach.

"I think it worked," Peabody said. "Prom isn't until May, so we'll see if we can work with her schedule."

20091003css5720912galle.jpg w400.png

20091003css5720913galle.jpg w400.png

Here's yet another article. Y'know, I was going to post it as a slideshow, but then it occurred to me that posting before-unseen content that way is obnoxious and more about getting attention and ego than simply wanting to contribute. :cain:

Stars show up at Aptos High

APTOS — Stars appeared at Aptos High on Friday, both on campus and in the students’ eyes, as supermodel Marisa Miller joined hip hop artist Really Doe in a rally in the campus quad to celebrate the school’s success at selling tickets to the Monte Foundation’s Musicfest and Fireworks Extravaganza. The event will take place tonight at Seacliff State Beach.

Students crowded the quad and cheered for the stars, who spent about 30 minutes on campus. Miller, who went to Aptos High her freshman and sophomore years, introduced the music and — after Doe performed three or four songs — stayed to sign autographs.

“You guys are great,” Miller told the students. “Believe it or not, I actually went to school here. ... Thanks so much for selling so many tickets.”

The students, both boys and girls, were thrilled with the supermodel’s appearance. Eight deputies from the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office were on site to provide security, and the crowd had to be held back after the music was over as the throngs tried to reach Miller for an autograph.

“I fought the crowds to get to her,” sophomore Jack Wilkins said. “You have to be persistent. I totally got to hug her. She’s awesome. She’s really soft. Someday I’m going to tell my kids about it.”

Senior Lexie Schott and her friends sophomores Aaryn Ashworth and McKenzie Evers were all disappointed that Matthew McConaughey, who will be at tonight’s event, was not at the school, but were still excited to see Miller and Doe. All of them got Miller’s autograph.

“She (Miller) was really nice,” Ashworth said. “She seemed happy to be here — not stuck-up.”

Sophomore Cody Gradone got two autographs and a photo of Miller.

“It’s exciting. I’ve never met a supermodel before,” Gradone said. “It’s really neat that she came back here to give something back to the community.”

Miller and Doe’s appearance at tonight’s event is due to record producer Griffin Guess joining the fundraising effort. The event raises money for lcal schools. Guess, who is married to Miller, runs Cartel Records and Doe, along with Kanye West, are signed with the label. Guess and Miller live in Aptos.

Two other musical acts will also perform: reggae artist Mishka, who has recently released “Above the Bones,” his third album and the debut release for actor Matthew McConaughey’s j.k. livin label, and LiLA, a pop quartet from Los Angeles.

Surprise guests are rumored to be making an appearance at the show. Internet chat sites say rapper Kanye West might appear.

Marc Monte, president of the Monte Foundation, said he and Guess have a three-year commitment to work together on the event and because of Guess’ addition, tonight’s show will be the biggest and best of the event’s 15-year history.

“It’s been a wonderful partnership up to this point,” Monte said. “And I’m hoping for an even bigger event next year.”

Monte said he was really happy with Guess’ involvement because he had wanted to have music at the event, but finding people in the music industry who will donate their time like this is difficult.

Monte said the company that supplies the fireworks also increased its donation when it found out about the celebrity lineup.

“The fireworks show will be the largest we’ve ever had,” Monte said. “So the show after the show will be amazing as well.”

Link

:heart:

Here's all the photos of Marisa in Hawaii. Didn't want to post the pix, so I just compiled them all into a nice little HD Slideshow.

QwkLB5cGrb

Thank you Vampy for finding the pictures and creating a slideshow :flower: I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into it :yes:

I was wondering, could you perhaps upload all the images you found of event into a .zip file so some of us could have it for our collection? It is also easier for us to view and appreciate the images that way :hehe:

It would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! :)

anyone have a picture of her husband

No, I don't have picture of her husband, but I have a picture of her WITH her husband.

post-18518-0-1446084119-97619_thumb.gif

I was wondering, could you perhaps upload all the images you found of event into a .zip file so some of us could have it for our collection? It is also easier for us to view and appreciate the images that way.

Yeah, sure. It's not like anyone was watching the slideshow to begin with. LINK

:laugh: