Bellazon

the longest album or song title

Pierre Tombale

just for fun and because I am listening to Coheed and Cambria right now, one of their albums is called:

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness

which was followed by:

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World For Tomorrow

which are both ridicuously long titles, but maybe you know something to top them?

other than that I like to listen to:

The Fear Is Excruciating, But Therein Lies The Answer

by Red Sparowes

this one would be my personal runner up, but they (the Red Sparoews) have those pretty lenghty song titles, like:

Buildings Began to Stretch Wide Across the Sky, And the Air Filled with a Reddish Glow

or

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance

or

The Sixth Extinction Crept Up Slowly, Like Sunlight Through the Shutters, as We Looked Back in Regret

or

We Stood Transfixed in Blank Devotion as Our Leader Spoke to Us, Looking Down on Our Mute Faces with a Great, Raging, and Unseeing Eye

or

Like the Howling Glory of the Darkest Winds, This Voice Was Thunderous and the Words Holy, Tangling Their Way Around Our Hearts and Clutching Our Innocent Awe

or

Finally, as That Blazing Sun Shone Down Upon Us, Did We Know That True Enemy Was the Voice of Blind Idolatry; and Only Then Did We Begin to Think for Ourselves

or

And by Our Own Hand Did Every Last Bird Lie Silent in Their Puddles, the Air Barren of Song as the Clouds Drifted Away. For Killing Their Greatest Enemy, the Locusts Noisily Thanked Us and Turned Their Jaws Toward Our Crops, Swallowing Our Greed Whole.

Amanda Palmer released en EP last year called Amanda Palmer Performs the Popular Hits of Radiohead On Her Magical Ukulele.. which is pretty long. The longest one I know though is by the lovely Fiona Apple :heart:

When the pawn hits the conflicts he thinks like a king

What he knows throws the blows when he goes to the fight

And he'll win the whole thing 'fore he enters the ring

There's no body to batter when your mind is your might

So when you go solo, you hold your own hand

And remember that depth is the greatest of heights

And if you know where you stand, then you know where to land

And if you fall it won't matter, cause you'll know that you're right

Often just referred to as When the Pawn..., but that's the full title :ninja:

Amanda Palmer released en EP last year called Amanda Palmer Performs the Popular Hits of Radiohead On Her Magical Ukulele.. which is pretty long. The longest one I know though is by the lovely Fiona Apple :heart:

Often just referred to as When the Pawn..., but that's the full title :ninja:

A couple of personal favourites are Super Furry Animals' "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (In Space)" EP and Devendra Banhart's "Oh Me Oh My... The Way the Day Goes by the Sun Is Setting Dogs Are Dreaming Lovesongs of the Christmas Spirit" album.

I'll be very surprised though, if anyone can beat Apple. :laugh:

Oh, and how could I forget Sufjan Stevens for crazyass long song titles from his album Illinois

eg:

Track 2: The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, 'I Have Fought the Big Knives and Will Continue to Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands!'

Track 11: To the Workers of the Rock River Valley Region, I Have an Idea Concerning Your Predicament

Track 14: A Conjunction of Drones Simulating the Way in Which Sufjan Stevens Has an Existential Crisis in the Great Godfrey Maze

Track 16: They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh!

Track 21: Riffs and Variations on a Single Note for Jelly Roll, Earl Hines, Louis Armstrong, Baby Dodds, and the King of Swing, to Name a Few

:blink:

I'll be very surprised though, if anyone can beat Apple. :laugh:
^Ladies and gentlemen - agit-prop bores Chumbawumba's 2008 album:

The Boy Bands Have Won, and All the Copyists and the Tribute Bands and the TV Talent Show Producers Have Won, If We Allow Our Culture to Be Shaped by Mimicry, Whether from Lack of Ideas or From Exaggerated Respect. You Should Never Try to Freeze Culture. What You Can Do Is Recycle That Culture. Take Your Older Brother's Hand-Me-Down Jacket and Re-Style It, Re-Fashion It to the Point Where It Becomes Your Own. But Don't Just Regurgitate Creative History, or Hold Art and Music and Literature as Fixed, Untouchable and Kept Under Glass. The People Who Try to 'Guard' Any Particular Form of Music Are, Like the Copyists and Manufactured Bands, Doing It the Worst Disservice, Because the Only Thing That You Can Do to Music That Will Damage It Is Not Change It, Not Make It Your Own. Because Then It Dies, Then It's Over, Then It's Done, and the Boy Bands Have Won. :sleep:

Try strolling into HMV and asking for that! No really, I doubt anyone even knows the band are still around. :laugh:

... "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch...

honestly I thought that was a town in Wales!

You thought right, the band are from a nearby Welsh town and used to sing in their native tongue quite a bit in the early days. I believe the town's name translates as "St Mary's Church in the hollow of the white hazel near to the rapid whirlpool of the church of St. Tysilo near the Red Cave" which sounds quite good with "In Space" added to it. :laugh:

I guess they are not in the race anymore, but still interesting:

Install A Beak In The Heart That Clucks Time In Arabic

The Distant And Mechanised Glow Of Eastern European Dance Parties

The Major Cities of the World Are Being Destroyed One by One by the Monsters

all by 65daysofstatic