Bellazon

Lily Aldridge
Thumbnail

Rogue

Seriously Lily. A is in incredible shape, better than ever in those pictures.

I don't think this is her last year, even if this is , I urge VS to take notice of this bombshell they have, don't put her to waste. Use her more.

Looking at those pictures, How can Lily not sell the product? I'm biased but look at those pictures, her body is better than ever, those curves!!

Are you kidding me :surrender:   Why on earth would VS ever consider letting this woman go  :o  She is like fine wine, only getting better with age.  Her face, her body, her class, her sexiness   :baronfaint:

Behati isn’t going anywhere.  Her marriage secured her position with the company, and to be fair she has improved exponentially over the last couple of years.

Certainly not going to argue about whether I prefer Lily to Behati.  That's no question.  I love Bee's work (especially lately), but Lily is on another plain entirely. Just these latest shots show that. I hope VS isn't thinking about letting her go, though it could be that if she goes, it's a mutual thing.  We're speculating.  What we know for certain is that Lily's work is amazing. Period.  And the VS folks know that. 

What we know for certain is that Lily's work is amazing. Period.  And the VS folks know that. 

Do they though? IMO they've never really tried to push her like they have with Candice and Behati. Hell, they even did it with Erin (even though she was dropped or left), but never with Lily. In all honesty, I think the reason there was so much of her last year was not because VS was realized she improved as a model, but it was because they were trying to capitalize on her SI cover. It wasn't an independent thought of theirs. The higher ups there have their favorites and unfortunately I don't think she's one of them.

She's had one set of mainline photos this year and we're almost five months in. When you look at that compared to last year where it seemed as if there were new ones once a month at least for the first 9 months of the year, it's a big and noticeable drop off. Both in frequency and the volume of pictures. While I like Lily MUCH more than I like Behati, she's consistently having new pictures released and shooting with VS. It's clear they're grooming her to be the HBIC along with Candice when Adriana and Ale leave. 

No question that Behati gets attention from VS leadership, and I think some of that is her own work (starting with PINK) in the organization and her apparently good friendship with their flagship model, Candice.  You're probably right, Cece: they may be seen as the next "duo," after Adriana and Ale.  (I think that's a mistake--IMO, it's a superstar and a good model, not a pair of superstars.) You're also probably right that Lily saw her volume of work go up so that VS could capitalize on the exposure from her SI work.  That said, she also got a commercial and that hilarious short film, while doing a series of editorials and signing with Michael Kors and several other lines. I admit that I could be wrong, but the decline in VS volume is probably as likely to be mutual, as Lily has herself branched out and VS has introduced some new models to the mainline (the astounding recent output of Elsa and Josephine comes to mind).  I think that Lily's branching out, as well as the quality of her work, will lead VS to keep her in the Angels lineup for at least another year. But this is just fan-inspired speculation on my part: I could follow her work 24/7 and know that I am utterly biased here. 

VS contracts come in three year stretches if I’m not mistaken.  Lily was promoted in 2010, which means that she is up for renewal this year, or not.  Since 2014, VS has lost Lindsay, Doutzen, and Karlie, while adding Elsa this year.  That leaves two spots open.  Whatever happens with Lily will tell me a  lot about VS’s direction.  If Lily goes, it means they're in full-on youth movement mode.  In such case, I would expect one more angel to be named before the year is out, and possibly another early next year.  

^ I like your assessment of Candice and Behati (an all-time great and a really good model).  Behati’s marriage is good for VS on the publicity front, and she is a very good model.  She just does not have “it.”  Lily certainly has “it” and always has.  But, so does many of the younger generation thats currently on the rise for VS.  It really could go either way.     

There aren't many girls they work with who are on par with Candice (imo, of course) so I agree with you there, I don't think they'll be as influential as Adriana and Ale have been for the brand. But I also believe that could also do with the fact that the supermodel era is dead/the public doesn't seem to care about models as a whole as much as they used to.

I'm inclined to believe it's a mutual thing as well based on the work Lily has been getting outside of VS. It's possible the two parties sat down together to discuss their future plans and she either requested to have a lighter workload with the company/that she wasn't interested in re-signing or they informed her that they'd be phasing her out and not re-signing her once her contract was up at the end of the year/beginning of next. It seems to me as if they're treating her like they treated Karlie last year - using her pretty sparingly as far as catalogue and campaign work goes and including her in major things such as the holiday stuff (I assume she'll be involved with this) and VSFS. 

If they weren't working so heavily with so many new girls, I'd agree with you that they'd keep her around since she's landed a couple of good campaigns. But they are and they're a business, it makes more business sense to invest in younger models who they can groom and who could be with the brand for many years to come. This is of course all my opinion and speculation, there's just too much adding up imo that indicates she's on her way out. It'll be an interesting rest of the year, that's for sure.

^^ The thing about your argument is that the last two years or so have been pretty spectacular for Lily.  Even before she started doing SI, we raved about the amount and quality of her VS work, and about how she had taken it to a new level.  Also, there was similar speculation regarding Candice’s lack of VS work this year.  As it turns out, it was simply a well-deserved break from modeling.  Could it not also be the same with Lily?  Couldn’t this recent set indicate a strong return is underway?  And, Lily has been pretty strong for VS commercially.  Doing talk shows and appearing on NFL on CBS.

The only legitimate reason for not keeping her is the strong possibility of a youth movement.

When she came back from having a baby is when her work improved, at least in my opinion. Before that she was good, but not someone I stopped to notice or someone who made me want to buy what she was wearing. Lily is not what Candice is to VS, is the thing. Candice is their golden child so even when she's quiet on the VS front, the speculation is that she'll be taking over Adriana/Ale's role (smaller workload, more money), not that there's the possibility of her leaving anytime within this next calendar year or shortly after. She's also about 4 years younger than Lily and at different spots in their lives personally. Lily's daughter is going to be 3 and going to preschool soon (she mentioned they were starting to look into them), and I'd assume that means she'll want/need to be more stationary and around for that. She's also said they want more kids. 

It's entirely possible they'll start using her more and this set is her return, of course. Like I said, the rest of the year will prove interesting as far as this topic goes. And myself and anyone else who believes she's on her way out could be wrong and misinterpreting what's going on incorrectly. It's just my personal guess.