Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2014/11/heidi-klum-halloween-butterfly.html

Heidi Klum may no longer be a Victoria Secret angel, but that didn't stop her from putting on a pair of wings before she arrived at New York City's TAO Downtown for her famous annual Heidi Halloween fete on Friday evening dressed as a butterfly. She had broad, colorful wings that nearly went up in flames on a heat lamp. They were removable, and security helped her dodge that bullet. Body paint covered her shoulders and, er, thorax. Her teeth were covered with a dense black material, her chin sparkled, and bulbous bug eyes, over her own, blurred her vision. Her hair was pasted down tight. As usual, one wondered how Klum's head fit into her spectacular Halloween costume. I asked about the process of metamophosis.

Why a butterfly? "Someone very close to my heart called me a schmetterling [butterfly in German], so I wanted to be a butterfly this year.The body painting took about five hours, and the costume was pretty quick, I just popped it on, popped the wings on, and then flew down here."

Are you nervous about not being able to see? "I can't see that well, to be honest. It will be a little dark in there, so I'm just going to have to feel my way through the crowd."

Were you able to see how you look? "Yeah, I saw myself in the mirror before I left. I feel like I look like a butterfly. I like it; it came out just the way I wanted."

Which is your favorite looks from Heidi Halloween over the years? "It's hard to say, I loved being really old, too. I loved being all flesh one year, and being the monkey. And I loved Lady Godiva. I love all my costumes. Nothing about this one is really too uncomfortable, but I just can't see very well, and I can't smell [laughs]."

How do your kids feel about the costume? "They think it's wild and crazy. 'Are you in there, Mama?' they asked me. I think they were more scared when I looked like me, but older."

And what attracts you to butterflies? "They're just so pretty, so colorful. I always loved painting butterflies. I grew up seeing so many, and now it's sad that you don't see as many around anymore."