Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

From TV Guide, 26 August 2013:

How Supermodel Heidi Klum Became TV's Superwoman

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Heidi-Klum-Project-Runway-1069631.aspx

Heidi Klum struts onto the Project Runway stage in Manhattan's garment district and addresses a group of the show's superfans, who are serving as models for the Sept. 19 episode. "I love Project Runway," she tells them. "It's my fifth baby, so to speak."

If that's the case, the real-life mother of four figuratively delivered her sixth child this summer: a new judging gig on NBC's America's Got Talent. But today, all of her focus is on Lifetime's Runway — especially since guest judge Sigourney Weaver bailed at the last minute.

Good thing Klum and her team had booked hot designer Erin Fetherston along with Weaver. "Sigourney was really sick," Klum later explains. "She canceled [her performance in] Broadway's Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike, too, so I was happy it wasn't just us." (The Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco guest judges this week.)

It was yet another make-it-work moment in the busy life of the supermodel, who turned 40 on June 1. "If anybody can do it, it's Heidi," says her Project Runway cohost Tim Gunn. "She's the closest thing to a  superhero as a person can be."

Gunn's increased role — he attends every runway show and has the power to save one designer — is just one of the alterations Klum and Co. have made this season. Judges can now take an up-close, touchy-feely look at the outfits, which has made wunderkind designer Zac Posen (who replaced Michael Kors as a full-time panelist last season) more at ease.

"It's great for Zac, because he's so in his environment," Klum says. "Michael Kors is not only one of the best designers; he's also hilarious. It would be hard for anyone to take his seat."

With typically refreshing bluntness, Klum admits, "I was not the biggest fan of last season's Teams Edition. I told the network, but they said, 'No, we want to do something different.'"

For now, Runway seems back on track, and Klum doesn't see it coming to an end anytime soon. "If there were only five people watching, then we'd have to say, 'All right, this is it,'" she says. "But if it's still good and we have fans out there who want us to keep putting it on, we'll keep putting it on!"

A few weeks later, Klum answers the door to her America's Got Talent dressing room at NYC's famed Radio City Music Hall in a robe — and without a stitch of makeup. And yes, she still looks gorgeous.

How does she do it all? "I'm done with Runway [for] this season," she explains. "We had eight days of vacation, and now I shuttle myself back and forth every week. I'm here for two days, and the rest of the week I'm home [in Los Angeles ]. To be honest, it's not superhard."

She seems to have an easy rapport with fellow judges Mel B. (aka Scary Spice), Howie Mandel and Howard Stern. "I'm happy we're all so different and wild and crazy," she says. "Howard is cute. He's always peeking over at his wife [beth]. She gives the thumbs-up or thumbs-down."

Stern gives Klum a big thumbs-up. "Working with Heidi is like waking up in the morning and smelling roses," he gushes. "It's been nothing but pleasant — no gossip or bad news. I'm glad she dumped Seal, how's that?"

Klum's split from her pop-star husband hasn't caused a snag in her career (she's now dating former bodyguard Martin Kristen). In fact, the only thing that has flummoxed her lately was having to wear the same outfit four days in a row for continuity during AGT's audition episodes in various cities earlier this year.

"By the second or third day, I was like, 'I can't believe I'm wearing the same thing again!'" she says with a laugh. "I wear an outfit for two hours and I'm over it. It's just what I do."

More people know what she does, now that she's on one of summer's highest-rated shows. "People notice me more on the street," she says. "We went to [Long Island water park] Splish Splash, and people were like, 'Oh, my God, it's Heidi from AGT!'"

Any concerns about overexposure are given a firm "auf Wiedersehen!" "I'm not on TV constantly," she stresses. "I'm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There are still other days of the week!"

Heidi Klum - 'America's Got Talent' Season 8 at Radio City Music Hall in NYC - 28 August 2013

imgbox.com/adpM3BZb

imgbox.com/abkJ76vg

imgbox.com/abgjaMOK

Please do not hotlink images. To read more about hotlinking, please click HERE

Edited by Prettyphile

Heidi on the cover of Delta's Sky magazine, September 2013:

Heidi Klum, Inc.

http://deltaskymag.delta.com/Sky-Extras/Favorites/Heidi-Klum-Inc.aspx

Ask Heidi Klum—namesake to one of the most successful personal brands in the world—to define The Heidi Klum brand and she pauses, startled even.

“You know, when I first started modeling, I never thought I would end up doing a lot of things with my name,” she confesses. “Like baby clothes [her Truly Scrumptious at Babies “R” Us collection debuted in August 2012] or shoes and active wear [Heidi Klum for New Balance] or perfumes [four lines and counting]. I never do something because I have an ‘image.’ It always happens more organically.”

With four kids, the Truly Scrumptious line was a no-brainer, she says. “I’ve shopped all over the planet trying to find the coolest clothes and toys for my kids. I love fashion, and it’s even more fun designing for [children] instead of for grownups.”

And her fragrance lines? “Well, that comes from my childhood. I grew up around perfume.”

Klum’s dad was the marketing director at 4711, the biggest perfume house in Germany, and as a teen she worked there “learning how packaging was done, finding fragrances and picking bottles. It’s funny how I get to do all these things myself now.”

She recalls that when she first started modeling, “I was fascinated by the whole process of it. Most models would just go in, put on the clothes and just be done, but I would always ask a lot of questions. I was very interested in the craft and design aspects of all the things that I saw.”

As her supermodel career exploded, Klum says she never had a manager saying, “ ‘Who should we go after?’ or ‘Let’s make a gigantic game plan.’ I didn’t have major long-term goals, I had little short-term ones. Like, ‘I’d like to do this magazine or work with this photographer.’ I didn’t say, ‘I want to design clothing lines and have television shows.’ [she’s host and executive producer on the long-running Project Runway series, now on Lifetime, and a judge this year on NBC’s America’s Got Talent]. I couldn’t predict it, it just happened.”

What does Klum love most? “Anything creative, whether it’s designing clothes, looking at samples, writing commercials or looking at fashions in Paris. That’s always been my passion.”

She’s especially excited about doing her first fashion show this year. “My oldest daughter will get to see it, and she’s very excited.” And, Klum adds, her children are big fans of America’s Got Talent: “For them it’s been super exciting to see me on TV.”

Klum’s least favorite responsibility? “I’m not the biggest fan of paperwork,” she says, sounding more like a regular person than a supermodel, TV personality or head of a global brand. “I know it has to be done, but it always feels like homework to me.”

Sept2013_300.jpg