Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Interview with StyleList:

http://www.stylelist.com/2010/02/10/heidi-...ruth-red-dress/

Heidi Klum: It's not enough that she is beautiful, funny and smart. She has to be good-hearted too - and we mean that literally. Thursday Klum will walked in the Heart Truth Red Dress show, which raises awareness of heart disease in women, for the third consecutive year.

In a telephone interview, Klum said health is important to her and her family. But her attitude is pretty healthy as well. Here's what she had to say about baby weight, family meals and permission to break the rules sometimes:

StyleList: This is your third year of supporting The Heart Truth -- why do you feel it's such a vital cause?

Heidi Klum: It is such an important issue, because heart disease is the number one killer of women in America, more than all cancers put together. It's just an enormous number. If I can do anything in terms of spreading the word to women to do more about their healthy heart, then that's what I want to do.

SL: Have you been personally affected by this issue with a family member developing heart disease?

HK: No, no one in my family -- but I don't want that to happen either. I'm a woman, and I have two daughters. As a woman, it's my issue too. You can't think, "No one in my family was affected so therefore I'm not affected." It doesn't work that way. Women have to know that it can happen to anybody--you have to watch out.

SL: Do you like to wear red a lot?

HK: I think red is a beautiful color -- I think it's powerful and strong. I think it's sexy. Red is a color of love and it is a very bold statement color. You're definitely not a gray quiet mouse--when you wear red, you definitely get noticed.

SL: You look so amazing having had a baby so recently [Klum's fourth child, daughter Lou, was born in October.] Do you have a magic way to lose to the baby weight?

HK: Thank you for the compliment, but there is not magical method to the madness. I'm not at my fighting weight, and maybe I'm never going to go back to my fighting weight. People say, "You have a few pounds here and a few pounds there" but I'm quite happy the way I am right now. I'm very healthy and my little daughter is only 3 ½ months old --I'm still breast-feeding and enjoying being a mom. So I'm not too concerned about losing all the weight and being 100% like I was before - -it's just the way it is.

SL: Running around all the time juggling your work and family commitments must help keep off the pounds.

HK: I do run around all the time, but my lifestyle is very healthy. I eat very healthy and we cook at home. We don't eat out a lot, we don't go out for fast food a lot -- and it's the same with the children. I'm a pain in the butt with my children. I want them to eat right. They hate me for it a lot of times, but I don't want to make my life easy and skip those roles that I feel like I have to have as a mother.

SL: It's great to give your kids the lesson that eating healthy is important while they're young.

HK: That's what I'm trying to do. We are sitting at 6 o'clock around the table and talking about school and what they've done in the day. I think a lot of people don't do that anymore -- kids maybe sit in front of the television and the mom doesn't cook. Not everyone has the time to -- I understand that a lot of women work late and can't cook a lot at home. You can only do what you can do, but if you can, I would try and make the effort to cook more and live a happy life.

SL: Does the occasional fast food meal still sneak its way into your family's healthy lifestyle?

HK: Are you kidding? Yeah, we go to McDonald's. They understand that's a special thing--we go the Micky D's and they have chicken nuggets and the big fries and a Coke. They love it--and I love it too!

SL: I guess it's OK as an occasional treat.

HK: Absolutely!

I didn't see Heidi on the first images from The Hearth Truth Show, She not walking? :cry: :cry: :cry:

You saw pictures of it already? :blink: I thought it was supposed to take place later today - during the evening New York time.

Ooops! Maybe i found 2009 Show image... :whistle:

amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2010 Fashion Week 2/10/10

with Doutzen and Michael Kors

post-30396-0-1446063361-04788_thumb.jpg post-30396-0-1446063361-08123_thumb.jpg 208ffe67683792.gif post-30396-0-1446063361-12464_thumb.jpg post-30396-0-1446063361-16037_thumb.jpg post-30396-0-1446063361-20485_thumb.jpg d173ed67683816.gif post-30396-0-1446063361-25346_thumb.jpg 278f7a67683835.gif post-30396-0-1446063361-30523_thumb.jpg

Heidi Klun braving the snow to arrive at the amfAR New York Gala Kick Off at Cipriani 42nd Street, New York City, NY.

post-30396-0-1446063361-31546_thumb.jpg post-30396-0-1446063361-34231_thumb.jpg 6bdad767684708.gif 43e03867684721.gif

Interview with iVillage:

http://www.ivillage.com/heidi-klum-red-dre...view/1-a-111044

After four kids and four years of marriage, Heidi Klum and her hubby, Seal -- whom she describes as "a real romantic" -- still seem to be in the honeymoon stage. And they definitely aren't afraid of a little red-carpet PDA! But with her involvement in the Diet Coke Heart Truth campaign -- an effort to promote heart health awareness -- the supermodel, 36, proves that what she cares about extends beyond just her family. iVillage spoke to the Project Runway host about her Valentine's Day plans, her love of french fries ("in moderation") and how she and Seal revisit their wedding day.

So why did you want to get involved in the Diet Coke Heart Truth campaign?

Because I think that it’s an amazing message, and I think they are making that very important message fun. They do the Red Dress Fashion Show every year, and it’s my third time. And I just think it’s a really good cause.

How do you think the Red Dress fashion show, which takes place tonight in New York City, helps raise awareness of heart disease?

Well, I think that it’s such a fun fashion show because you have all these amazing women from all different fields in the entertainment industry doing a fashion show which is, you know, not something that they normally do. I remember a few years ago Liza Minnelli did it. And this year one of the Kardashian ladies [Kim] is doing it. Someone from “The View” is doing it. They have all these different, beautiful women in different designer red dresses. And red is such a beautiful, strong color, and it’s just eye candy. And it’s fun at the same time. So they definitely raise a lot of awareness for heart disease.

The Heart Truth campaign is all about promoting a healthy lifestyle, but you can't be good all the time. Do you have any unhealthy habits?

I would say that I’m healthy, but I think sometimes you can have certain things that are not healthy -- maybe chocolate, or I love French fries, for example. But since I live very healthy and do things in moderation, I think it’s fine. Good for the brain, you know? Sometimes you have to eat something that’s not so good. If you say no to everything, then that’s boring.

Do you think you have an obligation as a celebrity to give back and get involved in these campaigns?

No, I don’t think that it's like an obligation because you are known or anything like that. But if I was Heidi Klum still living in Bergisch Gladbach, no one would listen to me, and no one would care. So I think that it’s great that because of what I do I can raise awareness. You know, I would still want to do it if I was still in my hometown. It’s just that no one would care.

After shooting a season in L.A., Project Runway returned to New York for its seventh season. Were you happy to make the move?

Yeah, we shot it last year in June in New York, and probably the next season will be back in L.A. again.

Do you prefer one city to the other?

No, I think things get old if you always do the same thing in the same place. You know, fashion changes, and I think things have to change. Because if everything is always the same it’s boring for our viewers. We're always thinking about different challenges and different guest judges and really making it different every year. So it doesn’t hurt to move cities sometimes, too. I think that’s good.

Obviously you're all about fashion. Is there one go-to outfit you feel sexiest in?

I definitely think a tight black dress with super-high heels is always a good staple to have. For sure, that always works. You can re-accessorize it, and therefore it always looks new and different again. With a belt pinched at the waist or with different shoes or a different bag or a different little jacket over it. You can create many different looks.

Valentine's Day is coming up this weekend. Do you and Seal have any special plans?

No, I wish we had some plans, but we’re going to be across the country. I’m going to be on the East Coast, and my husband is going to be on the West Coast, so unfortunately this year we won’t be together for Valentine’s Day.

Do you usually get into the holiday or do you think it's overrated?

No, I definitely like it! I think it’s fun that there are all these holidays. And you should make use of them because a lot of men, especially -- I’m not talking about my husband because he’s a real romantic -- but a lot of men tend to skip a lot of the romance. And I feel like if there weren’t days like Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day, a lot of people wouldn’t make the time for each other. You get sort of caught up with work sometimes and those days are reminders.

What's the most romantic thing Seal has done for you?

He’s done many romantic things. The little things…you know, always when I walk through the door, he steps to the side and he let’s me move through the door first. Or he goes around the car, and he opens the door. But the most romantic thing would be our engagement when he built an igloo.

He proposed to you in an igloo?

Yeah, he had an igloo built on top of a mountain, and then he proposed there. He took me up in a helicopter. That was very romantic, but he’s still very romantic in like day-to-day, normal things.

Is it true that you two renew your vows each year?

Yes, it's important for us take a moment and just be there for each other and renew the vows. We talk about why we love each other and why we're here, and it kind of bring us back to the moment when we got married in the first place. I think it’s nice. I think it’s nice for the children. I think it’s always something they’ll remember as they get older -- thinking about their crazy parents that every year got married and they love each other. I think it’s a great family thing that we do. We’ve done it five times already, and it’s nice. It’s our time.

So the kids are there to watch the ceremony?

Yeah, they always participate. It’s fun!

You gave birth to daughter Lou in October. Was it a big adjustment going from three children to four?

You forget when there’s two or three years between [pregnancies]. You forget how tired you were. And it’s definitely different when you have an infant again because they are very attached to you for the obvious reasons.

Is it difficult to balance four kids with such a busy career?

It’s manageable, you know. I mean, there’s a lot of things that I can’t do anymore -- don’t want to do when you have four children. You’re home more instead of traveling. When I didn’t have children, I’d just hop on a plane, and I’d go to Europe back and forth a lot of times in a year. Or I’d go to New York back and forth. But now I don’t want to travel that much because I want to be where they are.