Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Q&A: Heidi Klum

The sexy supermodel talks to MSN about the upcoming "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show"

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=341744

By Dave Lake

MSN TV

This year's "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" (airing Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CBS) has something for everyone. Sure, it's essentially a commercial masquerading as a television event, but with skin-baring models in skimpy lingerie, some singing and dancing from musical guest Usher and the flavors of Miami, where the show was taped, who's complaining? On the eve of the big event, we caught up with supermodel/TV host/product endorser extraordinaire Heidi Klum, to get the scoop on the show, the new season of "Project Runway" and on being named, with hubby Seal, one of 2008's top-earning couples.

MSN TV: For the first time, the "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" is being filmed in Miami. What kind of fashion vibe does that city have compared with New York or Milan or other fashion-forward cities?

Heidi Klum: Well, the "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" is a fantasy show. It is something very, very special. I mean, we could do the fashion show on the moon next year! We've done it in New York City. We've done it in Cannes, in Los Angeles. And this year's idea, which Victoria's Secret had, was "glamour is back." So the whole theme was more glamorous, more Hollywood, more old school. And the Fontainebleau [where the show was filmed] used to be a hotel in Miami where the Rat Pack used to go and Elvis used to go, so they wanted to bring that old glamour back and have our clothes more glamorous this year.

View more MSN videosGo to CBS

Can you tell us about some of the designs we'll see on the runway?

We had a beautiful fantasy bra that Adriana Lima is wearing. It's a $5 million bra that is all made out of black diamonds. It's a spectacular one-of-a-kind piece. A lot of the drapes we're wearing over the lingerie are like beautiful gowns -- very goddesslike and very beautiful and glamorous. And of course the Victoria's Secret angels get to wear the wings, and I have a beautiful big set of wings that look like a bow or like a present. And they were very heavy, but they were beautiful, so I didn't mind wearing them.

Now when you wear a $5 million bra, is it just as comfortable as wearing a regular piece of lingerie or do you have to suffer for beauty?

You do have to suffer a little bit, but you don't mind because it's something very special. And most of the time when you get to see something like that, let alone wear something like that, as soon as you get off the runway, there are bodyguards immediately waiting to put the bra back into their briefcase. It's quite funny.

You're married to a musician, and Usher will be the sole musical guest on the show this year. Is there a type of music you most like to walk the runway to or that seems to go best with fashion?

To be honest, it can be anything. Obviously, I loved having my husband perform last year. I love watching him, and to me he's the best singer out there, so I'm always very proud when I see my husband perform. But Usher was also a lot of fun this year. He's a great entertainer and an amazing dancer. His music was very upbeat, but I can walk to slower romantic music or a fast beat. For me, it doesn't really matter.

Are there any musicians who you think have a particularly good sense of style?

I don't know. I think my husband always looks really hot!

Can you describe the pace behind the scenes at an event such as this?

It's completely crazy backstage. There are a lot of interviews taking place. People from all over the world are there and want to know how we prepare for the show and want to know what the outfits are, so a lot of them want to see some of the pieces. Sometimes we do a walk through with a particular outlet. There's a lot of glitter and spraying of the body. Jimmy Jimmy Coco is there and he kind of spray-tans all the girls, which is always a lot of fun. A lot of hair and makeup. A lot of gloss. A lot of glitter. And a lot of madness. And then when the show starts, it kind of goes like clockwork because everybody is professional. We all line up and it's all timed and everyone knows what they're doing and we just go out there.

Is part of being a model learning how to abandon your inhibitions to do a quick change backstage or be comfortable with wearing very little in front of strangers?

Well, they're not really strangers backstage. As soon as the show starts, all the television crews and photographers leave, so it's not like we're getting changed with camera crews there. Once it starts, everyone kind of leaves the backstage area. All the women that are dressing us, we kind of know them because we do the show every year, and I feel very comfortable. Plus, I know all the Victoria's Secret models, so it's not a big deal.

Considering the show has a lot of flesh and features women wearing lingerie, some people criticize it for being risqué and offensive. What would you say to those people?

Don't watch.

How much modeling are you actually doing these days with all the other projects you're involved with?

Surprisingly, I still do a lot. I just did a Calvin Klein spread for In Style. I still do a lot of photo shoots for Germany and England and France. I do more television work now. I do "Project Runway," which is the show I have in America. I do "Germany's Next Top Model." I do Tyra's show in Germany, which I'm starting very soon. But I still do a lot of photo shoots and TV commercials, which I love.

You mentioned "Project Runway," which is currently wrapped up in some legal woes as it changes networks. Any idea when we'll get to see the new season?

I'm very positive when I think about "Project Runway." It was a great sixth season that we just filmed. And I'm sure that in the beginning of the year, we'll start airing because in February we'll be in New York City for Fashion Week and we will then know who the winner of "Project Runway" Season Six will be. So we'll have to start airing in January. I'm looking forward to it, and I'm sure the fans do, too.

You and your husband were recently named one of Forbes top-earning couples for 2008. Are you flattered or does it make you uncomfortable to be included on such a list?

This is the first time I'm hearing about this! I had no idea.

Yeah, you guys were No. 15.

That's great (laughing). I hadn't heard about it!

Well you guys made $15.5 million in 2008 apparently, so congratulations.

Thank you.

So how does it feel? Is it weird to have the public know how much money you make or are you proud to just be included on a list with other successful couples?

To be honest, most of the time people speculate anyway. I don't think anyone really knows what the numbers are that people make anyway unless they're your accountant. So I never really know where those things really come from.

I saw this on VS' youtube page and I had to cap it b/c I really like the video. Hope everyone else likes it too! :)

VS.Com: Only In Manhattan

.flv format

Capped & Etc. by Me

flagshippm3.jpg

Click on Image to Download

I can't get that video to work. :cry:

Help?

I saw this on VS' youtube page and I had to cap it b/c I really like the video. Hope everyone else likes it too! :)

.flv format

Capped & Etc. by Me

flagshippm3.jpg

Help?

Oh, it won't play??? :( Is your .flv player up-to-date?

If nothing else works, I will try something else :)

.flv format

Capped & Etc. by Me

flagshippm3.jpg

Help?

Oh, it won't play??? :( Is your .flv player up-to-date?

If nothing else works, I will try something else :)

Which .flv player do you use? I've been using RealPlayer, and I know I have the latest version, but it won't play your file. :idk:

I open to suggestions for a better flv player.

Heidi Klum, Seal and Kids Hit the Park

Heidi Klum, husband Seal and kids Henry Samuel, Johan Samuel (dressed in matching green satin jackets) and Leni Klum hit West Hollywood Park on Saturday morning.

The photogenic family strolled around in the sun and took turns checking out the slides.

All the kids — Leni, 4, Henry, 3, and Johan, 2 — proved themselves to be a nature buffs too, gathering up leaves of different shapes and sizes.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/12/21/he...ids-playground/