Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Not that anyone will notice this after seeing stefkay's and jal's posts, but here goes:

http://dailywd.womansday.com/blog/2008/02/...he-does-it.html

How She Does It: Heidi Klum

post-2141-1202783175_thumb.jpg

As a host of Bravo's Project Runway, Heidi Klum likes to remind us all that in the world of fashion, either you're in or you're out. But this supermodel and mother of two always finds heart disease, the number-one killer of American women, to be an "in" issue.

Heidi, in a custom-made red silk Marc Jacobs dress, cascaded down the catwalk as part of the U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's annual Heart Truth awareness campaign.

And of course, "nothing draws attention like a little red dress," at least according to campaign ambassador First Lady Laura Bush. Heidi is also the new spokeswoman for Diet Coke's Red Dress Program to further lend her voice to the cause. I caught up with her after the show to discuss matters of the heart.

Do you have any family history of heart disease?

Heidi: I have no family history of heart disease, thankfully, but heart disease is still a personal issue and I believe as women we must all recognize our risk of developing the disease and learn to take action to safeguard our health. I love to show that as women we should support each other. I mean, I have children and want to be around for them, to see them grow up.

What do you do day to day to keep heart healthy?

Heidi: I take care of myself by being surrounded by good friends and positive-thinking people. I try not to drink so much and I don't smoke, because these behaviors significantly elevate your risk. Plus, I keep careful watch of my diet and exercise.

And I make sure I slow down from time to time. As women, we're always multitasking. One minute we're making lunch, and the next second we're running the kids to school and folding the laundry. It's really great to stop women for a second and say, hey, we need to take care of ourselves, too!

—Dana Gottesman