Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

15 Richest Supermodels as ranked by Forbes

17 July 2007 (Sawf News) - Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen, who turns 27 on 20 Jul 2007, makes a whopping $33 million a year and tops the Forbes list of 15 richest supermodels, well ahead of Kate Moss ranked No 2, who rakes in $9 million a year.

Bündchen, who is estimated to have accumulated a $150 million fortune and currently endorses over 20 products worldwide, is also Guinness World Record holder as the "world's richest supermodel".

Ranked three to five in the list are Victoria's Secret models Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio, each earning between $6 million and $8 million annually.

Bündchen's parents are of German descent and she was brought up in Southern Brazil, where a large number of German immigrants are settled.

Gisele Bundchen with her boyfriend Tom Brady out for lunch with friends on Mother's Day in downtown New York City (05/13/2007). Photo Credit: Ronald Asadorian / Splash News

Bündchen is currently dating New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

She had an on/off relationship with actor Leonardo Dicaprio between the years 2000-2005. Later she dated surfer Kelly Slater till July 2006.

The top 10 richest supermodels from the list are:

* Gisele Bundchen, 26: $33M

* Kate Moss, 33: $9M

* Heidi Klum, 34: $8M

* Adriana Lima, 26: $6M

* Alessandra Ambrosio, 26: $6M

* Carolyn Murphy, 31: $5M

* Natalia Vodianova, 25: $4.5M

* Karolina Kurkova, 23: $3.5M

* Daria Werbowy, 22: $3.5M

* Gemma Ward, 19: $3M

From US Magazine:

Will the third time be the charm for Heidi Klum, whose reality drama Project Runway was nominated for an Emmy for the third time in three years?

“Third is our lucky number!” Klum tells Usmagazine.com from Los Angeles, where she learned the news at 6 a.m. while watching the Baby First channel in bed with her three kids. The supermodel, who says she’ll celebrate with a glass of champagne, “is very proud of our show! It’s just an honor to be in the mix of all…these big time shows that have been around for a long time with big budgets, and we’re this little show.”

But don’t expect Klum to commission another dress from a show contestant to wear to the Emmy’s on Sept. 16! “I tried that once,” Klum says. “The very first time I got nominated, I asked the winner of the first season, Jay McCarroll, to design something. He had all these great ideas, and then designed something that was absolutely not appropriate. It was not an evening-red carpet thing for the Emmys—it was like an MTV/Halloween costume! I could not have gone that way. At the end of the day, I said no…He got upset.”

Klum hasn’t given any thought to what she will wear yet. “There’s still time,” she says. “There are so many amazing things out there.”

Project Runway is up against Top Chef, CBS’ The Amazing Race, Fox’s American Idol, and ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, and was also nominated for Outstanding Picture Editing for Reality Programming and Outstanding Cinematography for Reality Programming.

From USA Today last year:

Discover passion with Heidi Klum

We may never be as sexy as supermodel Heidi Klum or, for that matter, married to one of music's most sensual singers -- Seal -- but that doesn't mean we mortals can't learn a thing or two from her.

Especially when it comes to the subject of this Valentine's Day story: romance. Face it, most of us aren't exactly pros in that department, despite the demands of the season. So listen up: You may learn more than you think about life's little turn-ons.

For Klum, host of Bravo's Emmy-nominated "Project Runway, romance is all about the little things. Ironic, considering this is the beauty Seal whisked by helicopter to a mountain glacier igloo complete with strewn rose petals and glimmering candles when he proposed just before Christmas 2004 (not to mention the yellow diamond engagement ring worth $150,000).

But no matter. What makes the dominatrix of the TV dial swoon is a simple gesture.

"We were in a restaurant with a lot of people, and our hands met under the table," sighs Klum, 32.

Most romantic of all, Klum says, is when her husband of nine months serenades her. Klum says that's because Seal's job is to sing, and she knows no one likes to work when he doesn't have to.

Don't worry if you can't carry a tune, though. Klum says old-fashioned good manners are even harder to resist. Quite simply, "[seal] lets me walk into a room first," she says. "I love that in a man."

Her romantic turnoffs? Men who talk too much about themselves and who don't pay attention when a woman sports a new haircut or outfit. "That's unromantic when guys don't compliment," she says.

So, what can harried lovers do to keep romance alive (Klum has a daughter, Leni, 2, from a previous relationship and a baby, Henry, 5 months, with Seal)? Klum says she finds fun couple time in everyday things, like exercising together. Seal even goes clothes shopping with Klum. "He tells me what he likes, and I do a little show for him, and he does the same for me," Klum says.

And while she stresses the importance of spending time together without the kids, it's her description of hanging as a family that comes off as most romantic. On rainy days, she savors family downtime watching "The Sound of Music" -- in pajamas. "[seal] knows all the words, sings to all the songs. He runs around singing."

Klum's Most Romantic ...

Accessory: Shoes by Italian designer Giuseppe Zanotti

Term of endearment: "Schatz" [German for "treasure" or "sweetheart"]

Clothing of Seal's: His PJs. "Sometimes he's in his pajamas all day. I love that."

Fashion designers: Roberto Cavalli and Dolce & Gabbana.

Recent article from Beauty of Health:

All about Heidi Klum (the Body)

As a mother of 3, a Wife to Famous and Talented singer Seal and still doing very well as a much sought after supermodel and spokesperson, Heidi has a very busy life.

Heidi is remarkable to see at 5’ 9”. Her figure is well defined. She has flawless skin and toned muscles with feminine curves in all the right places, all perfectly proportioned. She is the model’s model.

Heidi, 34, born in Bergisch Gladbach, a small city near Cologne, Germany got her start in modelling as a teenager. She did not start out with the intent to be a model but when she submitted a few photos to a modeling competition for young women held by Petra Magazine, Heidi was suddenly drawn in to the world of European fashion at the age of 18. She moved to the states to pursue her new career and won a profitable relationship with Victoria’s Secret.

Heidi became world famous when in 1998 she landed the cover of Sports Illustrated, Swimsuit Edition propelling her into the supermodel stratosphere and joining the company of Christie Brinkley, Elle McPherson, Rachel Hunter and Tyra Banks.

Heidi admits that while in Germany before becoming a supermodel that she did not work out that regularly as she enjoyed the natural beauty and health of youth. She was alsoHeidi Klum world famous supermodel very self-assured in that she never became obsessed with her body. “To be honest, I don’t analyze what my best body parts are. I am happy with who I am.” She flashes a wide captivating grin and offers that it could be her smile that has landed her cover after cover. “My smile is my favourite thing maybe,” She reaches out and connects with her fans with it every time.

She informs about coming to America that her nickname fast became “Muffin”. “Because I’d eat muffins all the time. I loved all kinds. Growing up in Germany we didn’t have them, so when I got to the States, I was overwhelmed with the sheer variety. I had to have one every morning: blueberry, chocolate chip, banana nut – you name it, I liked it!” At 5’ 9, daily muffins did not hurt her figure.

These days she admits that she has had to choose more healthy food. “I try to eat health most of the time now.” “That’s not hard for me because I actually enjoy healthy food. I love spinach, fish veggies and fruit. Since I eat well most of the time, I can still splurge on treats like chocolate and one of my favourites, black liquorice.” She leans in as if to reveal a long held dark secret. “I’d never give up McDonald’s French fries with barbeque sauce no matter what diet I was on. I am hooked!”

Heidi reveals the source of her beauty and vitality when she points out that her work out is a general one and does not target Heidi Klum stays balanced with proper diet and exercisepost-pregnancy areas as you might expect of a new mother. “My exercise routine is for my whole body” and she does not target just her stomach and abs. “I think it’s important to stay fit all around. It’s good to do different kinds of exercises to keep your body from falling into a routine rut. So I do squats, biking, running, kickboxing and free weights.”

Heidi seems to have 2 advantages working for her in the health and beauty department. One is she has inherited amazing genes. The other is that she loves to exercise in a variety of ways and she has the discipline to stay with it and receive the rewards and the fruit of her labour.

Heidi like many of us has an erratic and demanding schedule that tries to balance family life and work life, but she makes the time for exercise (ideally early in the morning) . She maximises her exercise time by doing high-intensity workouts mixing things up so that her body does not get used to any one routine or even worse yet allow place for boredom. Care must be taken that in mixing things up nothing too strenuous or over exerting is tried to control risk of injury due to over stress or improperly executed training technique.

“I think that it’s important that a woman make time for herself in order to find balance in her life. Find something you enjoy doing – I enjoy exercise.” Heidi makes an important point in that women often give so much more to their families than they receive so taking some time to renew the source of your energy and vitality is key to sustaining personal balance.

Heidi is currently hosting Season 2 of German Top Model, Season 4 of Project Runway, TV Producing a new jewellery collection on QVC, shooting various ad campaigns for Jordache Jeans and looking after 3 young children so finding her “Me time” is more challenging of late. But she admits that she is happy with the way things are. She looks relaxed. She handles stress well too.

Heidi likes to hang with her familyShe’s had a “perfect day.” “I was relaxing with the family all day at home in my PJs, cooked pancakes for a late breakfast, did some swimming and hung out in the garden. Days like this help ground and centre me. Reducing stress is important and I find that hanging with my family is key. “We’ll watch a great movie like ”Finding Nemo” for the fiftieth time and crack up when one of the fish in the tank says ‘Shark bait huh haha.’ We all laugh every single time.”

Being a mom puts demand on her schedule but Heidi adds another coping tactic for time management. “I write things down a lot so I don’t forget anything.” “I make lists of priorities and things to do for when I have time - like that will ever happen. But seriously, it’s all about planning and thinking ahead. That’s something I didn’t do before having children.”

Her new role as a mother has added to her self-confidence too.

“I think I was confident before,” Heidi says, “but maturing and becoming a mother enhances that for sure.” You realize that you can take on quite a lot and make it all work. When your kids need you to be strong and secure, It’s very natural to be. My family is my most prized possession bar none. Material possessions? I have all the gorgeous jewellery my very romantic and generous husband has given me.”

Heidi Klum goes to bed early unless she is attending a Hollywood function or a Charitable Event. “We usually go to bed on the early side because the kids get up early. The youngest one still doesn’t sleep through the night.” She smiles and adds, “I function fine most of the time.”

Heidi Klum loves LingerieHeidi also liked to hear that she was ranked #41 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006.” “That was nice to hear,” says Klum who enjoys wearing lingerie to bed to keep the romance in her marriage alive. “There’s nothing wrong with being a ‘sexy woman’ in the world.” Heidi feels that she is more appealing as a blonde rather than as a brunette.

“I think that the eye automatically goes more quickly to a blonde than a brunette” I don’t know why. Going blonde is like buying yourself a light bulb. Heidi Klum prefers to be a blonde rather than a brunette I feel like my look is softer now as a blonde than when I was a brunette. I think a sense of fun and spirit needs to be in your heart and soul, though, regardless if you are a brunette or blonde. Being really blonde is addicting; I have to say, I love being blonde.”

Heidi Klum is an atypical model. She isn’t the youngest or thinnest in the youth obsessed reed-thin dominated modeling world of today.

“Sexy is as sexy does. It’s not about wearing short skirts and tight tops with big hair. It’s not being a blonde or a brunette. It’s being comfortable and cool in your own skin. That shows through no matter what.”

Heidi Klum on being sexyHeidi likes being considered strong and sexy. “I think being strong and sexy is powerful, definitely. Even in the past, I was told to lose weight; I knew that I never wanted to get into a mode of starving myself or becoming unhealthy. At the same time I don’t think that girls that are naturally thin should be penalized either.”

Heidi Klum thinks that she is the person she is today because of her childhood. “As a child, I was always into creative pastimes – everything from music and dance to visual arts. That definitely comes through in the types of work I’ve pursued in my life. From modelling to television to designing jewellery, shoes, clothes and even candy.”

The value she most wants to pass on to her kids is “Unconditional love that my parents (Gunther and Erna) gave to me and to live life with minimal fears”.

Heidi says that she tries to focus on the positive. “I don’t live my life based on fears or negativity. For the most part, my mind is squarely focused on the positive. I’m most definitely an optimist.”