Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Ellen Barkin Hosts The 2007 CFDA Fashion Awards - Inside

June 4, 2007 - The New York Public Library

New York City, New York United States

A few more of her at the same function. She's a doll, no doubt! :heart: She is really back in shape! :drool:

Credit to Mirik from TFS for this!

coverpic3nb9.th.jpgcoverpic2tj6.th.jpgcoverpic4ma5.th.jpg38545709zz1.th.jpg

http://www.aspenpeak-magazine.com/cover.php

TO CALL HEIDI KLUM BUSY would be something of an understatement. Every minute of this enterprising beauty’s schedule is booked: When she’s not promoting her successful jewelry line on QVC or casting for the fourth season of the smash Bravo TV series Project Runway, she’s taping a segment of her other hit show, Germany’s Next Top Model, all while trying to squeeze in press interviews. Klum’s moniker is stamped across just about everything—from shoes to video games to books to CDs—in fact, she even has her own stamp. In the decade since she entered the global spotlight, the multitasking megamodel has ensured that her fame will spread far beyond the pages of Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues and Victoria’s Secret catalogs.

But these days, Klum is more supermom than supermodel. Her professional achievements are all the more impressive when you realize that she juggles them while raising three young children with her husband, Seal. And where do the couple like to take three-year-old Leni, one-year-old Henry, and baby Johan, six months, to escape the mayhem? Aspen, of course. If you’ve been wondering why our star-studded slopes have been glittering more than usual recently, this celebrity power couple might be the reason. Klum took a breather from her hectic day to share with us what makes this town so special to her and her family.

ASPEN PEAK: You’ve done modeling, music, perfume, TV, jewelry—all on top of motherhood, of course. What are some of your biggest projects these days?

HEIDI KLUM: I just finished my second season of Germany’s Next Top Model. I had all my girls in Los Angeles, which they enjoyed—they’d never been out of Germany. And then I’m going to start the fourth season of Project Runway.

AP: Casting must be under way, then. What can you tell us about the designers?

HK: Well, the designers are the ones who make it great. We have 15 new designers, and they’re all people with different expectations, dreams, innovations, and designs. They’re the ones who make the show, ultimately.

AP: What’s been the most difficult design challenge so far?

HK: They’re all difficult. I thought the first one we did was very hard—they had to go into a supermarket and pick things for under $50. Someone made a dress of corn husks, someone made a dress out of plastic from a lawn chair. They have no time, they want to win, they don’t want to be sent home, and they’re under so much pressure. Sometimes it doesn’t work out—they cut into the fabric wrong and they have to rethink the whole idea. If they screw something up, that’s it. They have to then rework that piece of fabric they’ve just ruined.

AP: Can you give us a preview of what to expect from season four?

HK: No, I can’t tell you—it’s all top secret!

AP: How has the promotion for your jewelry line been going? I saw something on TV where you wound up in a swimming pool….

HK: Well, I wasn’t really hopping in, I got thrown in!

AP: So it was an accident?

HK: Yes, we rented this beautiful place at the Beverly Hills Hotel, and there was a really small walkway and I was walking with four guys. And I don’t know, they just kind of tripped and pushed me, and there I went, into the pool! Then I just went with it. I mean, what are you going to do? My hair was wet, my makeup was wet, so I was like, OK, here we are, let’s make the best of it.

AP: And the jewelry made it through OK?

HK: Yes, totally! See, it’s all waterproof. [laughs]

AP: It really seems like you’ve done it all. Is there anything you wouldn’t do?

HK: Oh, I don’t know. I take it case by case. There’s no Oh, I would never do this. I just let things come to me. You always have to be open, take it day by day, then see if it works, if it fits your lifestyle, and what you believe in at the moment.

AP: So you’ve been coming to Aspen to get a break from your hectic schedule for a few years now, right?

HK: The first few times I went on jobs for Victoria’s Secret. We shot many outfits for the catalog there. It was always a great place to go; I love the mountains and I love snow. Most of the time I’d been skiing in Italy, so it was nice to see mountains like this in America. It’s quite a little jewel of a town, with great shops and great restaurants. So now I go there with my family; we’ve gone the past two winters.

AP: What draws you?

HK: Aspen has a lot of restaurants and shops, and the mountain is right there so you can go skiing and snowboarding. I learned how to snowboard last year; there are great instructors. My husband loves the mountains in Aspen. He has friends there, so it’s a fun place. And it’s not so “young” either, you know? A lot of places, especially during Christmastime, are “spring break” kinds of places, where there are only T-shirt shops and 16-year-olds. So I find Aspen more sophisticated.

AP: Does it remind you of Europe?

HK: It definitely has a bit of a European feel to it. It’s a cute town. The buildings are small; it’s not overdone. I’ve gone to many other ski resorts, and some are like big shopping complexes. I think they’re trying to keep it cute and small in Aspen.

AP: Do you own a home here?

HK: No, we rent a big, beautiful place overlooking Aspen; it’s like a mountain lodge. It’s huge; it fits all the kids, the nannies, and my parents. It’s a little hard to get in and out of there, I have to say, but it’s worth it.

AP: Have you taken your kids out on the slopes yet?

HK: No, not yet. We’re going to do that next year. We walk into town every day. By the time we’re in town they’re asleep, then we can shop. [laughs] And then we walk up again. For them it was great exercise, running through the snow. And we had lots of it. That’s the best thing. You go all this way and all you want is snow, and other ski resorts don’t have it.

AP: Sounds like your family had a wonderful time.

HK: Yeah, it was great. And there are so many really good people for so many different things. We had a great chef, so we had some good home cooking. We had a woman who came to the house and did yoga with my husband and me for four weeks, every day, which was fantastic. I had just had Johan then—he was only two weeks old—so it was nice to relax. It’s a really spectacular place.

AP: What are the distinct advantages to Aspen?

HK: It’s really laid-back. For us it’s always a big paparazzi fest, but in Aspen that’s only for a week, from Christmas to New Year’s. Since we were there for four weeks, it was very calm [the rest of the time]. So the week when all the paparazzi came, we just stayed in the house. As soon as New Year’s was over, all the photographers left, so you could run around without everyone knowing about it and being photographed in every corner.

AP: If you were holed up in a cabin in Aspen, what are three things you would want to have with you?

HK: I need four things: my husband and my three children. That’s all I need! Oh, and food!